PDA

View Full Version : Radiator Fitment Question

YooNiBaLL
04-14-2010, 11:44 PM
Hey guys. I was wondering if the Feser XChanger Quad 120mm Xtreme Performance Radiator seen here http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0329743, fit inside the Cosair 800D Case without modifications to the case? I am planning to cool two GPUs and the CPU only. Would 1 radiator suffice for both? And is the Danger Den DD12V-D5 12V Fixed Speed Water Pump a good choice or should I get this instead (http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0330257)? thanks a lot guys!

Church
04-15-2010, 03:48 AM
Without modifications you can fit only 3x120 rad on top of case. To fit quad, you need cutout top of case and use some fan grill, or use it mounted externally.

Humminn55
04-15-2010, 04:17 AM
Why the Feser, if I may ask? Certainly isn't the best peforming radiator on the market, neither in absolute performance nor in price/performance metrics.

YooNiBaLL
04-15-2010, 01:40 PM
Ok. I decided that I want to get the MCR320 which is 3x120mm fans. What fans should I get?

Also, for the CPU block, I chose the EK Supreme HF block.

For the tubing, I want the Feser White Tubing but I don't know how to determine which diameter to purchase and what fittings to purchase.

What pump should I purchase? I know there are two parts but I don't know what to buy!!! I need suggestions from people! Thanks!

Church
04-15-2010, 02:12 PM
I'd say - get Scythe Gentle Typhoons of 1850rpm variety and use them at lover voltage/rpms. at 1000-1100 very silent yet pushing lot of air, and you have performance reserve to use.
For cheaper side good choice are Yate Loon D12SL-S{L|M|H}. Only downside - sleeve bearing = shorter life in horizontal placement. But given their low price (and lot of liquid cooling shops sell them in batches giving even sweeter deals) it doesn't matter much, as those can be bought/replaced for near to nothing. :)
You can also consider getting 6 fans for push-pull configuration, to increase rad performance even at same or lower fan rpms.

EK Spr HF is very good block, just check if you have plate #1 in it (consult review @skinneelabs). Eddy told that they might change default to it, but it still may have not been done.

For tubing .. imho current best choice is Primochill Pro LRT, but probably Feser is good enough too. get 1/2" or 3/8" ID tubing, as most common (=larger selection of available fittings made for it). For fittings .. choose if you want barbs (if these, buy clamps too. Look for ID to match.) or compression (better looking, but more expensive. Look for both ID & OD to match).

Pump? Imho simpliest - get Laing DDC 3.25 & XSPC 5.25 dualbay reservoir with integrated top for DDC-s.

YooNiBaLL
04-15-2010, 04:38 PM
Ok. So I went out and picked up the Black Ice GTX360 radiator, 3 scythe 120mm sflex quiet fans, 10ft of tygon clear tubing, and the EK supreme HF cpu block. What are your guys' opinions on those items?

Sadasius
04-15-2010, 04:57 PM
Ok. So I went out and picked up the Black Ice GTX360 radiator, 3 scythe 120mm sflex quiet fans, 10ft of tygon clear tubing, and the EK supreme HF cpu block. What are your guys' opinions on those items?

Good items. Tubing will fog though in a couple weeks. Everything else is really good stuff. Don't forget to put in a drain and fill port!

YooNiBaLL
04-15-2010, 05:03 PM
Wait, so would it be better to get different colored tubing? I was thinking black... Also, what is a drain and fill port? I have a reservoir from DD that mounts.

Serpentarius
04-15-2010, 05:14 PM
Hey guys. I was wondering if the Feser XChanger Quad 120mm Xtreme Performance Radiator seen here http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0329743, fit inside the Cosair 800D Case without modifications to the case? I am planning to cool two GPUs and the CPU only. Would 1 radiator suffice for both? And is the Danger Den DD12V-D5 12V Fixed Speed Water Pump a good choice or should I get this instead (http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0330257)? thanks a lot guys!

how bout this ... if you have the casing ... get the dimension measurements from their web ... some newsapaper, cellotape, ruler and some origami workout.

make the rad model from the dimensions, and you use it to visualize how big is the rad before purchasing

i do this all the time. wont make mistake of buying wrong ones

YooNiBaLL
04-15-2010, 05:30 PM
how bout this ... if you have the casing ... get the dimension measurements from their web ... some newsapaper, cellotape, ruler and some origami workout.

make the rad model from the dimensions, and you use it to visualize how big is the rad before purchasing

i do this all the time. wont make mistake of buying wrong ones

well, i don't have the casing but it's fine anyways. i bought the correct radiator so it's all good. thanks anyways. now i'm just wondering if i should just buy JUST the pump here http://www.frozencpu.com/products/9495/ex-pmp-84/Danger_Den_Laing_DDC_Rev_325_Liquid_Cooling_Pump_-_12_Volt_-18_Watt.html or also a top? idk what top to buy tho for it.

Serpentarius
04-15-2010, 05:37 PM
well, i don't have the casing but it's fine anyways. i bought the correct radiator so it's all good. thanks anyways. now i'm just wondering if i should just buy JUST the pump here http://www.frozencpu.com/products/9495/ex-pmp-84/Danger_Den_Laing_DDC_Rev_325_Liquid_Cooling_Pump_-_12_Volt_-18_Watt.html or also a top? idk what top to buy tho for it.

i see
imo MCP655 (aka Laing D5) should be more than adequate(pressure & flow), but due to large size...
the DDR2 (Laing DDC) you chosen is more easily to be fitted

is it necessary to buy from frozencpu? the prices aren't that competitive

YooNiBaLL
04-15-2010, 06:54 PM
Ok. Here is a full list of everything I have purchased so far:
Black Ice GTX360 radiator
3 scythe 120mm sflex quiet fans
10ft of tygon clear tubing(might return for black tubing)
EK supreme HF cpu block
2 Swiftech Komodo GPU Block for 2x275GTX
Obsidian 800D
SWIFTECH|MCP655 12 VDC PUMP R - Retail
Danger Den Reservoir