PDA

View Full Version : Cant make my mind up what pump to use.

clone38
04-14-2010, 12:48 AM
Dont know what one of these i would benefit more from,room in my case is not a problem as i have the Mountain Mods Pinnacle 24,this will be for just one loop to inc cpu block EK HF/ EK 4 way EVGA motherboard block hose and fitting are 1/2"-3/4".

1/ 2X DDC 18w with this top EK-DDC Dual TOP V.2

2/ D5 vario with this top EK-D5 Dual TOP

I have the EK res that fits both of these tops,ive had both pumps in the past and got on very well with them but i would like to know if there would be a advantage going with one over the other.

Thanks.

Waterlogged
04-14-2010, 12:56 AM
2 DDC 3.25's would prove to be the most powerful setup.

RCG_Bex
04-14-2010, 12:59 AM
1. Head pressure, smaller size
2. Flow, bigger size

My dual D5s ran my entire loop, but tbh, maybe this is me just being me, I want another to have 2 loops minimum again :rofl:

..I think I'm addicted to power

~BEx

Nickel020
04-14-2010, 01:15 AM
DDCs are more powerful but the D5 has the ability to be turned down for lower noise. Depends on what's more important to you. I would probably go dual loop for your setup though, one CPU only loop and board and GFX in the other. For a CPU only loop one pump will suffice then as the gains from extra pump power will be marginal, you'll easily hit ~1-1.5 GPM. Pump power in the other loop will not be very important, even if you could gain a few C's on the GPUs that's not really gonna help you OC them.

This chart is very useful, clearly shows that you don't need a lot of power for your CPU:
http://img12.abload.de/img/flowvstemp6vbi.png

astrodanco
04-14-2010, 03:26 AM
You don't have to turn a D5 down in order to get lower noise. I have two D5s here on max setting and both of them together are quieter than a single DDC at any voltage level. The noise difference pleasantly surprised me.

clone38
04-14-2010, 03:27 AM
Thanks for the help i have now ordered 2 D5s :)