PDA

View Full Version : Looking for help for project due thursday

masterg
04-13-2010, 12:21 AM
working on an imaging processing assignment with noise addition and reduction. part of the assignment is to add white gaussian noise to an image.

we were given the website http://www.dspguru.com/dsp/howtos/how-to-generate-white-gaussian-noise
to help with the assignment, and i did my best to follow it but i cant find any white gaussian noise images with variance and mean values to go with it so i dont know if what ive got it right or not.

and second it has to be done within a console and i have not done much of anything with console's before. ive been given console's for other assignments in C++ but dont know how to make one myself. my classmates say c# is the way to go but havent touched that either. would it be easier to learn C# and make a console or rip out an old c++ console and fit it for what im doing? :confused:

trekie86
04-13-2010, 07:11 AM
What platform are you developing on? And by console do you mean a GUI or a command window? I probably can't help much with the white noise portion but may be able to point you in the right direction for languages/platforms.

masterg
04-13-2010, 11:41 AM
yea sorry, by console i mean GUI. not sure which would be easier to work with at this point in time

trekie86
04-13-2010, 03:24 PM
I don't know if C++ would be the easiest language to use to create a GUI and manipulate your white space generator. Personally I think java is a better solution for creating a GUI and is easier to make changes by just establishing a listener for the adjustment object. Really any programming language with a Math pack can do the calculations necessary for the white space adjustments. Sorry I can't be much help. Good luck. If you are familiar with C++ already and have a GUI already setup, go with that. Sometimes learning a whole new language for one little thing isn't worth it. If you want to go out and just learn C# for future use, go for it. Its a good language with a lot of growth potential due to the .Net framework.