PDA

View Full Version : Just realized the potential of my Reserator

deltatechx
04-12-2010, 11:29 AM
First off, I know everyone hates the Reserator due to it being aluminum (galvanic corrosion). But as far as I can tell, the water never contacts the aluminum due to it being anodized on the inside so I still use mine and love it.

My system consists of two loops in parallel off of a single Swiftech MCP655-B, one loop is 1/2" and consists of the cpu and gpu blocks and the Reserator, the other loop branches off of the 1/2" loop with 1/4" tubing and consists of the 2 Koolance RAM-30 blocks in series. Up until now I've been using the original 3/8" quick disconnects on the Reserator and was getting 1.5 LPM according to the Koolance TMS-200. I had some extra 1/2" barbs laying around so I replaced the quick disconnects on the Reserator (luckily the threads on the Reserator are the standard G 1/4 so no modifications were needed), now the TMS-200 registers the flow rate as 3.3 LPM :up: I figured the quick disconnects were restrictive but I had no idea it was holding back the flow that much. So if anyone else out there is still rocking the Reserator, this might be something you'd want to try.

deltatechx
04-12-2010, 11:34 AM
also, the Reserator's internal pump wasn't strong enough to move any water through the 1/2" tubing so I wouldn't upgrade to 1/2" unless you add a second in-line pump. I love the Swiftech MCP655-B, can't even here it but it's got massive power.

Levish
04-12-2010, 11:38 AM
The koolance passive resarator can keep a cpu/gpu and RAM block under control?
Really?

Its not April 1st o_O

[XC] Oj101
04-12-2010, 11:41 AM
Two more things you can do to better it:

1. Inside, the inlet and outlet are right next to each other. One of the holes is threaded, connect a 6" tube to it and see ~5'c temperature drops.
2. Put a nice 120mm fan on top sucking up and wrap the cooler in paper. The airflow will be channeled through the fins and give another few degrees off.

deltatechx
04-12-2010, 11:53 AM
The koolance passive resarator can keep a cpu/gpu and RAM block under control?
Really?

Its not April 1st o_O

my setup isn't exactly passive, but ya. I have a Q9550 at 3.44ghz and a Power Color HD4850 at stock settings. Temps stay under 50c while running boinc.

Two more things you can do to better it:

1. Inside, the inlet and outlet are right next to each other. One of the holes is threaded, connect a 6" tube to it and see ~5'c temperature drops.
2. Put a nice 120mm fan on top sucking up and wrap the cooler in paper. The airflow will be channeled through the fins and give another few degrees off.

I was thinking about adding the tube to the inside, didn't know one was threaded that helps a lot (probably the one that connects to the pump). Does the bottom just screw off like the cap?

I have the Reserator sitting on a hepa fan that I already have running 24/7 so I get active cooling with no extra noise :)

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii233/deltatechx/th_CAM_0591.jpg (http://s265.photobucket.com/albums/ii233/deltatechx/?action=view&current=CAM_0591.jpg)

[XC] Oj101
04-12-2010, 01:50 PM
Yes it does, but it's VERY tight (I needed a vice grip to twist mine off).