PDA

View Full Version : Sanity of adding angle fittings at block entrance?

wolven
04-10-2010, 03:29 PM
Hey folks,

I just finished a new build involving a heatkillers gpux3 waterblock, and ran into a problem / looking for a solution.

The problem is, my compression fittings wont both fit on one side of the block ( holes too close together ), so i had to put one on each side... this means i have a really long tube that has to go around the backside of the board, and it just looks like crap ( works well though :P ).

How 'bad' would it be to combine 2 90 degree angle connectors (or a 90 and a rotary that will adjust itself ). to make the fittings face the front of the case instead of having to go at it from the sides? That way the tubing itself isnt having to be torqued in strange directions.

sniperbob
04-10-2010, 03:50 PM
why not use BP 45Deg rotaries? not as scary-restrictive wise as a 90deg fitting.

Philwong
04-10-2010, 07:09 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v97/tmwong/mcw30f.jpg

Nothing is impossible if you use two 45d elbow fittings.

Phil

astrodanco
04-10-2010, 09:46 PM
I dare you to even notice any decrease in pressure or flow from a handful of bits-power 45s or 90s in your loop. It's been way overblown. Be sure to get the kind with built-in rotaries.

SoulsCollective
04-10-2010, 09:52 PM
Most of my blocks have BP rotary 45 elbows attached. There's absolutely no problem in doing so, a 45-elbow imposes next to no flow-rate hit and yet aids tubing routing immensely. Invaluable pieces of kit.

Blauhung
04-10-2010, 11:03 PM
just redid my watercooling on my main rig and have 4 45degree fittings in various places to make the routing all nice and clean. Flow rate is still good

Philwong
04-10-2010, 11:17 PM
http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/fero45g14th1.html

Equally functional yet affordable.

Phil

SoulsCollective
04-11-2010, 01:13 AM
Check again, that's USD $17 for a pack of four.

And that's cheaper, yes, but I'm still sticking with BP - IMHO they look nicer, and I've had leaking TFC compressions. Once bit, twice shy.

Edit: and furthermore, any manufacturer that writes a description that contains the line "maximized to the maximum" is not going to get my money :p:

Philwong
04-11-2010, 01:22 AM
Check again, that's USD $17 for a pack of four.

And that's cheaper, yes, but I'm still sticking with BP - IMHO they look nicer, and I've had leaking TFC compressions. Once bit, twice shy.

Edit: and furthermore, any manufacturer that writes a description that contains the line "maximized to the maximum" is not going to get my money :p:

Exactly, and these Fesers have the same chrome finishing less the BP logo. They're quite reliable so far.

You just can't get the best of both worlds.

Phil

wolven
04-12-2010, 03:17 PM
Thanks for the replies folks. I'll have to order a few of those before i do my next rebuild... since i had already disassembled, i just used a longer hose, but will definately grab a few for later.