PDA

View Full Version : Question about adding 2nd rad to loop

Gamb311
04-08-2010, 08:09 PM
I have 2 loops. First loop is cpu & fullblock board. Second is 2 GTX 280's.
I have 2 thermochill 120.3 rads on them with 1 extra triple radiator to spare. Would adding my extra triple rad to one of these loops make a big difference? If so which would you add it to? The CPU loop I assume? (i7920 oc) Doubt I'll OC GPU's. If using 2 triple rads on 1 loop helps what order would you put them in?

thanks

Conumdrum
04-08-2010, 09:28 PM
Wow look at my sig. I wouldn't change anything.

Your temps bad or you just wanna play?

I don't see any benefit adding another 120x3.

Maybe you need more raddage, so add it and say you did it. I see no overclock benefits.

Hannibal Lecter
04-08-2010, 09:40 PM
I have 2 loops. First loop is cpu & fullblock board. Second is 2 GTX 280's.
I have 2 thermochill 120.3 rads on them with 1 extra triple radiator to spare. Would adding my extra triple rad to one of these loops make a big difference? If so which would you add it to? The CPU loop I assume? (i7920 oc) Doubt I'll OC GPU's. If using 2 triple rads on 1 loop helps what order would you put them in?

thanks

It depends on what you're looking for. You will improve your delta for sure, 25% improvement should be about right. But maybe it's already good enough?

I have 2 triples in push/pull for my CPU in order to make my rig pretty much silent even at full load with great temps. But maybe you don't care about noise. In any case it will improve performance so i'd say go for it :D

As far as order is concerned I have the 2 triple rads in series, but it doesn't make any difference once the temp equalize after a while. So put them in the order that suits your case best.