PDA

View Full Version : Total Noob and Need Lots of Help

YooNiBaLL
04-04-2010, 10:18 PM
Hello everyone! I'm brand new to the XS forums and would like to introduce myself! My name is Andrew and I love custom building computers. I recently custom built my own computer and spent a ton of money on it! However, I never really got into the whole liquid cooling deal until I saw this site and after I saw all those AMAZING^inifinity computers under that Liquid Cooling Parts Gallery thread, I decided I had to do something like that! I am currently running on air and here are my goals: 1) Quietness 2) Performance 3) Price

And Specs:
MB: EVGA E758 3-Way SLI
CPU: i7 920 Nehalem
HSF: Coolermaster Hyper N520
GPU: 3x 275 BFG GTX OC to 675 MHz (Yes, that's three!)
RAM: 3x 2 GB OCZ Platinum 1600
HD: 300 GB Velociraptor
PSU: BFG Modular 1000W
CASE: Antec 902
Others: LG Blu-ray, ASUS 25.5 in., 1 TB Cavalry External, Logitech Desktop Mic, G15, G9x.

http://i384.photobucket.com/albums/oo288/yooniball/IMG_0735.jpg

So I guess what I would like to do is have an internal LC system that isn't too expensive. I realize that GPU blocks for a 275 gtx run around 120 per block. I also realize I will need a new case since I am planning on an all internal system. However, I have no idea what radiator to purchase, what kind of tubing, what kind of pump, what kind of reservoir..etc. Only thing I know is what blocks I need. I can use all the recommendations and guidance from you guys. :shrug:

Kibbler
04-05-2010, 12:23 AM
Hi and welcome. :)

There's plenty of guidance already available: HERE (http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=202394)

In particular check out the more recent reviews by Vapor, Skinnee, Hondacity, Martinm210, etc.

Now at first glance it may seem daunting and I agree. There is a lot of information there, but I recommend taking some time to read/skim through most of it just to give yourself some background, then please come back to ask more specific questions; this way the regulars here will have an easier time giving you constructive responses, and minimize repetitive questions that have been asked a thousand times before.

You will get other replies with straightforward recommendations for what to buy, maybe within the next few hours, and that's nice of them to do so but you learn relatively little by blindly following recommendations. I still recommend reading the guides, they're informative and they're there for a reason. You may find that the more you learn, the more likely you are to further pursue this hobby.

My other recommendation is to look through the worklog section and "Liquid Cooling Case Gallery" thread to get an idea of what parts other people are using.

Good luck!

04-05-2010, 12:55 AM
just my 2cent.....

casing = can go for lian li(is the best for watecooling and modding purposes)
cpu = EK supreme HF or the latest one from EK is the full copper and nickle top
mobo = will go for EK too as the price were good and installation will be easy(maybe depends on the mobo u use)
gfx = EK full cover GTX275 waterblock is the best i guess i have using them since my 1st gfx which is XFX 8800gts
sli fittings = EK will came out the new sli fittings and the link is here check it out... http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=246016&highlight=eddy
pump = swiftech mcp 655 with vario speed controller(can change the top to EK or bitspower top and mod kit)
rad 1 = go for EK XT 120.3 or if u have the cash u might wana get xspc or feser rad
rad 2 = same as above but 120.2
fans = depend on wad u like silent u may wan to try scythe s-flex or scythe GT

i know my suggestion is not the best and im sure all the pros here got alot to say to u and is good to make u loop into a dual loop

loop 1 = res - pump - rad 120.3 - cpu - mobo - res
loop 2 = res - pump - rad 120.2 - 3xsli gtx275 - res