PDA

View Full Version : Earphones and Speakers...

Sushi Warrior
04-03-2010, 12:46 PM
I'm looking for some new earphones/earbuds and speakers, mostly for music.

Speakers:
2.1 or 2.0, no 5.1
Around $50
3.5mm input (no RCA please)
Music is all they will be used for
Smaller is better
Don't have to be THAT loud
I like good sound but I am no audiophile by any stretch

Headphones:
I like "out there" stylings... nothing too boring
Price range is $30-50
In ear is preferred I guess. Nothing against ear-buds though
Again, music is the only use
I would LOVE a braided cable

I was thinking of Jbuds J3's as a safe bet for earphones, but was also considering the Zune Premium V2 headphones (LOVE the pouch and braided cable).

Eagle Tech ET-AR504LR-BK are what I was looking at for speakers ( Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0029Z9UNW/ref=ord_cart_shr?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER) ) and I also looked at the Logitech S-220's but they looked very cheap.

Now it gets a little bit tricky.... they HAVE to be from Amazon and they must ship from Amazon themselves, no 3rd party sellers. I will be shipping them to a place in the states and I need it to all come in 1 package at one time, I don't want to make several trips and pay several fees for seperate packages.

Sushi Warrior
04-04-2010, 07:41 AM
Nothing? I want to order soon and need some advice, I have no clue what all the best headphones are..... let alone speakers.

Mescalamba
04-04-2010, 08:16 AM
Head-Fi.org?

50 USD is too cheap to be good.. sorry.

Sushi Warrior
04-04-2010, 08:56 AM
Head-Fi.org?

50 USD is too cheap to be good.. sorry.

I'm not asking for great, I am asking what is the best for $50.... I can't tell the difference past $50 anyways.

EDIT: I guess this would have been more appropriate in the Sound section, not Home Theatre + Audiophiles.... any mods care to move this please?

Soulburner
04-04-2010, 09:37 AM
Look up the KOSS KSC75.

Speakers for $50 that sound good, I'm afraid you're SOL. Especially if you only want 3.5mm inputs - that means computer speakers, which are universally bad unless you can find a set of 2.1 Klipsch ProMedias for cheap.

Mescalamba
04-04-2010, 10:26 AM
http://www.headphone.com/headphones/earpad.php

Denon/Sennheiser/ATH..

I would suggest Sennheiser, but its up to you. I can guarantee you that Sennheisers will sound very good.

You can take a look on that website and pick whatever you want from named companies. Stay away from KOSS/Sony/Skullsh*t and such..

If you want earbuds, Sennheiser is good there too, just they must have big ears, cause it didnt fit mine. :D

Sushi Warrior
04-04-2010, 08:31 PM
I don't want cans, I want buds. I have to carry these around all day.... first use is MP3 player, second is at home. I have been looking all over for reviews (read the FAQ about headphones here.... that was mostly about cans) but I can't find many comparable reviews.

Are the Kicker EB141's any good? Sennheiser CX-300's? V-Moda Vibe's? Klipsch Image S2's? Radius Atomic Bass?

Again, in-ear only, primary use is music (genre would be metal) and I like better sound but anything past the $50 range is probably wasted on me....

Mescalamba
04-05-2010, 05:06 AM
CX-300s - yes.

Good headphones/earphones are never waste of money.. get for example JH13 or 16. :D

I like metal genres too, no reason why shouldnt I have at least HD 650 for that. :D

Levish
04-05-2010, 05:22 AM
^ I've got those and they are pretty good (CX-300). I agree that good headphones/earphones are never a waste of money, too bad that I keep missing out on the Amazon ultimate ears 10 sales T_T