PDA

View Full Version : Duke Nukem Forever

Lemina
12-20-2003, 01:55 AM
Just like the title of the game...it sure is taking forever to be released. Delayed once again, and probably will not see the light of day. Damn, they are not doing justice to the Duke Nukem name! Boooooooo!

http://pc.ign.com/articles/446/446672p1.html

hedge
12-20-2003, 08:14 PM
Didn't you know? It will be release on july 2 2009. :D

amd3001
12-22-2003, 01:57 PM
this title needs to be given to another software company..

sky
12-22-2003, 04:34 PM
well i guess they doing justice to the title of the game... forever lol. that's exactly the time it's taking them to "finish" it. man.. if they don't release sth that looks like duke soon, i'm about to forget what duke nukem was about.
oh another question. how many game-engines did this title go through til now? it's been a few and whenever they found a new one, they postponed the game "some" more (like a year or two).

Lemina
12-22-2003, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by sky
well i guess they doing justice to the title of the game... forever lol. that's exactly the time it's taking them to "finish" it. man.. if they don't release sth that looks like duke soon, i'm about to forget what duke nukem was about.
oh another question. how many game-engines did this title go through til now? it's been a few and whenever they found a new one, they postponed the game "some" more (like a year or two).

I believe they were first using a modified Quake2 engine.:eek: Don't quote me on it though.

hedge
01-01-2004, 06:46 PM
The orignal engine was going to be thwe quake 2 engine. Then it was the half-life engine (same thing and quake 2 with updates), then it was quake 3 and last I heard it was the unreal engine. I doubt that this game will ever be finished and will just become vapoware.