PDA

View Full Version : HWLabs SR-1 vs XSPC RX

SkItZo
04-01-2010, 12:18 AM
Looking at purchasing a radiator. Have heard some nasty things about the RX and nothing but good reports about the SR-1. However, from reviews i have seen the RX performs better and is slightly cheaper. The SR-1 on the other hand performs slightly worse, is a little bit more expensive but has no quality control problems

Alexandr0s
04-01-2010, 12:36 AM
Quality control problems with the RX? That's new for me o.O

I'd recommend going with the RX. It's reliable, and there are less reports of it malfunctioning than there are reports of working older versions of the Typhoon III (which is low).

Although the SR-1 is an amazing radiator which performs incredibly well at low RPM, it gets beaten at all other levels by the RX.

Nickel020
04-01-2010, 12:36 AM
The performance difference is negligible according to Skinnee's review. In the end it comes down to whether you want to pay a little more for the Black Ice's better quality.

gmat
04-01-2010, 01:53 AM
I have both, no real quality difference at first glance (the RX now has matte paint).
The mounting is different though, SR-1 uses metric (M3), RX uses 6-32 screws. And the SR-1 has a larger shroud (sides bulge a bit more). That are the only practical differences...

millertime359
04-01-2010, 06:17 AM
The SR1's big difference was its paint job. I haven't seen one in person, but all accounts say its an amazing looking rad.

If your on a budget, I would check out Swiftech rads.

In the end, either one of the rads will work just fine, it all depends on what you're demands are. :)

GabryICE
04-01-2010, 06:37 AM
The SR1's big difference was its paint job. I haven't seen one in person, but all accounts say its an amazing looking rad.

If your on a budget, I would check out Swiftech rads.

In the end, either one of the rads will work just fine, it all depends on what you're demands are. :)

Yep! I have a 420 SR1 rad and I can confirm that had a wonderful carbon black finish and very good quality fins too onestly the betters I have ever seen! ;)

H2O
04-01-2010, 12:10 PM
Looking at purchasing a radiator. Have heard some nasty things about the RX and nothing but good reports about the SR-1. However, from reviews i have seen the RX performs better and is slightly cheaper. The SR-1 on the other hand performs slightly worse, is a little bit more expensive but has no quality control problems

Like the others said, you can basically choose which one you like better. the SR1 beats the RX at speeds up to ~100RPM, but after that the RX wins.

urgrandpasdog
04-02-2010, 04:38 PM
The mounting is different though, SR-1 uses metric (M3), RX uses 6-32 screws. And the SR-1 has a larger shroud (sides bulge a bit more). That are the only practical differences...

I'm pretty sure its M4. Thats what my GTX360 uses, I can't imagine they would see a need to change it for this one.

If you have the money, I say go for the SR1, Black Ice build quality is phenomenal.

gmat
04-02-2010, 04:57 PM
I'm pretty sure its M4.
... or M4 indeed ;) Metric.
But like i said, both have excellent finish and quality (and i have them both).

the finisher
04-02-2010, 06:37 PM
I like my Thermochilles, except the paint sucks, and you gota flush the crap out of em.:rolleyes:

Good thing I'm a painter, maybe red?

h20xide
07-09-2010, 09:18 PM
can somebody confirm what size the sr1 uses? m3 or m4?

kpablo
07-09-2010, 10:01 PM
can somebody confirm what size the sr1 uses? m3 or m4?
M4 size screws.

100% sure about it.

h20xide
07-09-2010, 10:11 PM
M4 size screws.

100% sure about it.

Thanks heaps mate :up: