PDA

View Full Version : 25,38,55 mm fans

elk0019
03-26-2010, 09:12 AM
hey guys, got some 55mm rads and i'm thinking if i should couple them with some tfc triebwerk 1800rpm fans in push config, i'm not looking for total silence as long as my room doesn't sound like an airport.. i'm asking about the triebwerk because i have this strange feeling that the thicker the fan, the better.. am i high or right? :p:

Church
03-26-2010, 10:05 AM
Tests shown, that Scythe Gentle Typhoons even though being 25mm fans still outperform those triebwerks. Don't buy 'em. If all other parameters are same, then yes, thicker fan shroud might give better pressure. But as i've said - other vendors managed to best triebwerk results even with seemingly handicaped sized fans :)

elk0019
03-26-2010, 10:33 AM
ty for the reply,

is it a problem if i put the fans blowing through the rad upwards?

i have the rad on top of the case so that it sucks air from the case and blows it up through the rad like so:

----------------------------
^ ^ ^ rad ^ ^ ^
^ ^ ^ fans ^ ^ ^
^ ^ ^ case ^ ^ ^

it just seems wrong to dump the hot air back inside the case :confused: like i see in many builds..

Church
03-26-2010, 10:57 AM
No problems with using that airflow direction. No very big problems with other way aswell as strong airflow even with warm air cools things and where it matters heat from waterblocks is moved to rad anyway.
If you direct airflow outside case good thing to make other case fans blow in case for rad fans to not work extra hard to suck air from airtight case.

JaD
03-26-2010, 12:54 PM
Triebwerks are some of the worst fans you can get, no matter what price they have.
If you want performance, consider how push/pull configurations always give the largest advantage (and you can fit double fans if you were planning on TWs); then you can start looking into shrouds or, if you can't fit them, decent 38mm fans - but those usually start considerably outperforming 25mm fans only at mid-high speeds.

Someguy1135
03-26-2010, 02:41 PM
I like using the UltraKaze 3000s in push/pull. They can be noisy, but nothing a few fan controllers can't fix. That way the power is there when you need it.