PDA

View Full Version : Swiftech MCR-220 Quiet Power Series Radiator/Reservoir Question

njenabnit
03-24-2010, 06:08 AM
Hey guys. I just purchased my first water cooling system and have had fun figuring it all out so far. My loop goes like this:
MCR-220 QP w/ Res -> MCP655-b Pump -> Apogee XT CPU Block-> MCW60-R GPU Block -> Back to Rad/Res

I know traditionally you will have your res feeding your pump then out to the rad, so I am wondering if I have my rad/res combo unit in the right spot. Should I keep it behind the pump or move it right out in front of the pump? Or should I just buy a real reservoir and switch it to res -> pump -> rad?

Thanks ahead of time!

adamwzl
03-24-2010, 06:29 AM
You really don't need a seperate reservoir since you have the Rad/Res combo. All the seperate res will do is help with bleeding and removing air bubbles in your system also keeping the water thats not being passed through about 1-2c cooler than the water coming in. Its really personal preference when it comes to seperate reservoirs. I believe the one thats attached to your radiator should be more than adequate.

njenabnit
03-24-2010, 06:44 AM
great. thanks for your input. do you think I should keep it before the pump or put it after?

millertime359
03-24-2010, 07:03 AM
I would still put the rad/res before the pump as it will help with bleeding. It's also not a big deal where you put your rad, before a block, or after a block as the water temp will settle in at a certain temp no matter what.

The one thing that makes a separate rad and res nice is it can be easier to mount everything internally. The rad/res combo kindof makes it hard to do that.

adamwzl
03-24-2010, 10:54 AM
Put it before. It always goes res->pump. Even though yours is combined it will be ok.