PDA

View Full Version : watercooling help.

dazboots
03-22-2010, 05:58 PM
Hello there i have a corsair 800d case.
pa120.3 in top of case and a pa120.1 in bottom.
watercooling i7 920 and 5870 card.
using a swiftech 655 pump and ek bay res.
im having loads of problems with my bleeding cant get a good flow @ all and the spinning res indicator barley moves. im going to start again could any1 give me some good advice. and how to do my loop for best performace.
thx in response ;) using 3/4 od 1/2 id tubing.

Church
03-22-2010, 06:06 PM
only two waterblocks in loop and two rads? imho 655 should handle it good enough. Something trivial like pressed tube somewhere or you have turned speed to lowest on pump or have it on low voltage analog/or pvm controller?

Mabyboi
03-22-2010, 06:38 PM
only two waterblocks in loop and two rads? imho 655 should handle it good enough. Something trivial like pressed tube somewhere or you have turned speed to lowest on pump or have it on low voltage analog/or pvm controller?

this, plus check for obstructions in the blocks and rads by hooking up your res, pump and one other at at a time and checking for flow. also check thuroughly for kinks in the tubing.. sometimes you never see em..

Waterlogged
03-22-2010, 10:14 PM
I would tip the case around first just to make sure there is no air trapped in the rad.

washu9
03-23-2010, 08:11 AM
Remember that trapped air in the loop will reduce your flow rate.
Pressure loss is far greater with air inside your loop.

Be patient with your bleeding.
It takes me a day to get all air off my loop.
Was flipping the case like a burger :P

avddreamr
03-23-2010, 03:46 PM
Well, i guess if possible take out the pump and test it out to make sure its providing good flow by itself. But that's strange, that pump is quite powerful, you shouldn't have these problems.