PDA

View Full Version : Epox 8kha+ no post?

Svenn
08-18-2002, 07:05 AM
Okay, I got my new system working and now the old one won't work. Everything was working fine before but I moved some parts to test with the new system to find out I had a defective motherboard, and I put everything back and the old system won't boot. The power comes on, but then nothing happens. No beeps even. The post code says FF and never changes from the time I turn the system on. Any suggestions on things to check? I tried reseated everything, clearing CMOS, I even took out the vid card and still didn't get any beeps.

SPQQKY
08-18-2002, 11:01 AM
The board possibly got grounded to the case. Try taking it out and powering it up on a wood table or the mobo box. Either that or put a strip of electrical tape between the mounting studs and the board.

JBELL
08-18-2002, 12:19 PM
that or it has some females traits and knows your seeing another computer....

try the parking lot trick. (take mobo into your car drive around the block, bring it back in and fire her up) You would not believe how many times that works at my office!!!

Svenn
08-18-2002, 05:31 PM
I don't see how it could have gotten grounded if the only thing I moved was the cpu, video card, and RAM.

Leo
08-18-2002, 06:49 PM
Stranger things have happened. I'd follow SPQQKY's advice. I've seen the exact same thing; straight FF while in an Antec SX1040 then problems resolved once everything was tested outside of the case.

Svenn
08-18-2002, 08:39 PM
I'll try it when I get some time.

majormav
08-19-2002, 07:36 AM
my epox 8k3a+ is the same it started playing up as soon as i got the p4 board/chip booting erraticly then not at all even though i treated it to a new chip .Ive since laid it to rest after numerous trips to pc shop (where it would boot up everytime ) gonna bury it in the garden b4 long..looks like you may have a tempremental board Svenn

SPQQKY
08-19-2002, 01:46 PM
Don't bury that board! I'll take it off your hands if you are just going to give it a dirt nap! :)