PDA

View Full Version : How do I figure out what type of panel and the pixel refresh ms for this TV?

little_scrapper
03-19-2010, 10:57 AM
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Sony+-+BRAVIA+32%22+Class+/+1080p+/+60Hz+/+LCD+HDTV/9761129.p?id=1218168619794&skuId=9761129&st=KDL32EX400&cp=1&lp=1

I want to buy this Bravia but cannot find out what type of panel or refresh rate it has.

EniGmA1987
03-19-2010, 07:34 PM
Refresh is 60Hz. Says it in the title.

I would almost guarantee it uses a TN panels based on the price.

little_scrapper
03-19-2010, 09:31 PM
Refresh is 60Hz. Says it in the title.

I would almost guarantee it uses a TN panels based on the price.

Are you freeking serious?? Yes I know its a 60Hz TV. :ROTF: I want to know the pixel responce speed.... in ms. :up: :up:

I contacted Sony but they WONT tell me the type of panel used or its pixel refresh rate!!!

'F' Sony then. Im going to just buy the Scepter 32" TN panel with 6ms responce time for $340

Nanometer
03-19-2010, 11:14 PM
Get a stop watch, I prefer the sport ones. To get the exact response time, you turn the tv on to your HTPC. You go to microsoft paint and click the bucket to paint the background in gray paint. Next you paint it all white. Now this is where the stop watch comes into play. You will simultaneously press start on the stop watch when you click white and end on gray. You stop the stop watch when the color ends on gray the second time, and the resulting time is your ms response time. Have fun! My best is 12ms.

STEvil
03-20-2010, 01:52 AM
Sony uses Samsung panels almost exclusively... so whatever a similar Samsung panel is, it will be close probably.

Soulburner
03-20-2010, 12:34 PM
Get a stop watch, I prefer the sport ones. To get the exact response time, you turn the tv on to your HTPC. You go to microsoft paint and click the bucket to paint the background in black paint. Next you paint it all white. Now this is where the stop watch comes into play. You will simultaneously press start on the stop watch and white from the black color and then back to white. You stop the stop watch when the color ends on black the second time, and the resulting time is your ms response time. Have fun! My best is 12ms.
Except that pixel response time is measured in Grey-to-Grey (GTG) :cool: