PDA

View Full Version : Could use some advice on NB/SB blocks - EK, or Bitspower?

Tuthmose
03-16-2010, 11:07 AM
Hey all,

Working on an upgrade here. I've got it narrowed down to an Asus PT6D Deluxe board, and I'm now working on waterblock selection for it. My choices are either the EK blocks or those from Bitspower (unless somebody's got a better idea!). Looking at both NB/SB and mosfet blocks. So . . .

Any input or thoughts about the superiority of one over another? Flow-rate, performance, fit, etc.? I must say, I really love the look of the nickel and acrylic EK set, but I'm a tad bit hesitant about acrylic cracking. Is this a real concern, or am I being overly cautious for no reason?

Thanks for the advice,
-Tuthmose

NKrader
03-16-2010, 11:08 AM
+ ek

acrylic is perfectly strong enough i have 4 ek mobo blocks

Kenjiwing
03-16-2010, 11:23 AM
EK, Bitspower, Mips are the only blocks you should consider.. any of those will do great.

NKrader
03-16-2010, 11:24 AM
EK, Bitspower, Mips are the only blocks you should consider.. any of those will do great.

:clap:

didnt really help? he asks which one out of the 2 and you respond both are good! :)

Alexandr0s
03-16-2010, 11:50 AM
+ ek

acrylic is perfectly strong enough i have 4 ek mobo blocks

+1

EK has been around for a pretty long time and I have yet to hear a single case where someone had a part of theirs crack. EK uses high quality acrylic, you shouldn't worry about cracking if you don't plan to abuse it :yepp:.

Kenjiwing
03-16-2010, 12:51 PM

didnt really help? he asks which one out of the 2 and you respond both are good! :)

It's not up to me to make up his mind.. all of the block perform great.. he just needs to pick which ever want he like aesthetically or maybe base it on ease of installation.. not really much we can do other then guide him.

Unless you would like me to remote into his machine and buy all of the parts for him too.

millertime359
03-16-2010, 12:53 PM
There have been some tests done on the FC blocks. They basically all performed the same. Just get which one you like the look of better. :)

My choices are either the EK blocks or those from Bitspower (unless somebody's got a better idea!).

Actually he did say he is up for other options. ;)

Tuthmose
03-16-2010, 03:28 PM
LOL - easy, guys, easy.

Thank you all for your advice. Believe it or not, it was very helpful. Since nobody said "Dude, the EK will crack like a porcelain doll in a chipper-shredder" or "Bitspower blows the doors off Ek", then I think I shall go with my aesthetic leaning and get the EK blocks.

Now of course, Kenjiwing, if you want to remote into my machine and PAY for all my parts for me, that would be very, very cool. :D

Thanks,
-Tuthmose

zeropluszero
03-17-2010, 03:08 AM
i dont like mounting Bitspower blocks, the stand offs are a pain, though otherwise, i'd have no problem recommending Bitspower, EK, Koolance or Mips blocks.

Vinas
03-17-2010, 03:49 AM
LOL - easy, guys, easy.

Thank you all for your advice. Believe it or not, it was very helpful. Since nobody said "Dude, the EK will crack like a porcelain doll in a chipper-shredder" or "Bitspower blows the doors off Ek", then I think I shall go with my aesthetic leaning and get the EK blocks.

Now of course, Kenjiwing, if you want to remote into my machine and PAY for all my parts for me, that would be very, very cool. :D

Thanks,
-Tuthmose

Good choice. Enough of the freaking lizard already.

scamps
03-17-2010, 04:30 AM
ever thougth about Mips in POM/nickelplated?

http://www.mips-computer.com/