PDA

View Full Version : Compatibility Advice!

Badass1982
03-13-2010, 08:51 AM
Hi guys just a quick question to find out if this list of stuff would be compatible together , the only thing im not really sure on is the fittings and barbs to order:

Water Cooling Setup

Radiator: XSPC RX360 Triple 120mm Radiator
Fittings: Danger Den Copmpression Fittings
Tubing: Tygon 3603 Tubing
Resevoir: XSPC Dual 5.252 Bay - DDC Single Pump Liquid Cooling Resevoir
CPU BLOCK: Swiftech Apogee GTZ SE Ultra High Finish
Coolant: Thermaltake High Performance UV Coolant 1000cc
GPU Block: EK Radeon HD4890 VGA Liquid Cooling Block - Acetal + Nickel Plated
Pump: The MCP655 Swiftech Pump

Im currently rocking :

EVGA 760 X58 MOBO
CORE I7 920 D0 STEPPING CHIP
XFX RADEON 4890 HD GPU
6 GIG OCZ RAM (although im not going to liquid cool this yet)
and finally
COOLERMASTER ATCS 840 CASE!

the above are items i would really like to get (unless people can suggest better options) although id ideally like to spend a lot less than the amounts i got in total which was between 400-500 bucks!

thanks again

Martin

gergregg
03-13-2010, 09:15 AM
The list looks pretty good. However, your pump and reservoir are not compatible. The res is for DDC pumps, so either you would have to change pumps are choose a different res.

-One thing I would change out is the GTZ for the XT (current top offering) if you want to stay Swiftech.

-The Tygon tubing with discolor and get cloudy and I recently replaced mine with black Primochill LRT.

-With the EK FC block for the 4890 you may need G1/4 extenders for your compression fittings to clear the PCB on the card (at least my 5850 did).

woffen
03-13-2010, 01:13 PM
The list looks pretty good. However, your pump and reservoir are not compatible. The res is for DDC pumps, so either you would have to change pumps are choose a different res.

-One thing I would change out is the GTZ for the XT (current top offering) if you want to stay Swiftech.

-The Tygon tubing with discolor and get cloudy and I recently replaced mine with black Primochill LRT.

-With the EK FC block for the 4890 you may need G1/4 extenders for your compression fittings to clear the PCB on the card (at least my 5850 did).

Actually the EK Supreme HF beats the XT, both temp and flow wise.

gergregg
03-13-2010, 02:41 PM
Actually the EK Supreme HF beats the XT, both temp and flow wise.

Yeah, I worded it a little off. I meant to say the XT was Swiftech's top offering if he wanted to stay with that company.

dubtown
03-13-2010, 03:08 PM
However, your pump and reservoir are not compatible. The res is for DDC pumps, so either you would have to change pumps are choose a different res.

this ^^^

besides that just make sure your tubing/fittings sizes match

and buy more tubing then you think you will need!

oh and that coolant is unnecessary... it has worse performance than distilled water... and it can also clog blocks...

whats recommended around here is good old grocery store distilled water + one of these (http://www.petrastechshop.com/sikibyia.html) or something similar as a biocide.

it will last you forever and give you the best performance...

Badass1982
03-14-2010, 06:05 AM
Radiator: XSPC RX360 Triple 120mm Radiator
Fittings: Danger Den Compression Fittings
Tubing: Tygon 3603 Tubing
Resevoir: XSPC Dual 5.252 Bay - DDC Single Pump Liquid Cooling Resevoir
CPU BLOCK: Swiftech Apogee GTZ SE Ultra High Finish
Coolant: Distilled Water (can i add dye to it??)
GPU Block: EK Radeon HD4890 VGA Liquid Cooling Block - Acetal + Nickel Plated
Pump: Laing DDC-3.2TPMP Computer Cooling Pump

Soo ive amended my list will the above list now be compatible , only thing im not really sure on is what fittings/compressons to use! , i also intend to have an easy drainage loose tube too!