PDA

View Full Version : GPUGrid Beta version 6.18

Snow Crash
03-13-2010, 05:02 AM
I'm pulling 4 of the 6.18 beta's on my GTX295 now and just so you all know, they are taking up a full CPU core to process.

GDF (head honcho at GPUGrid) posted it should not be doing that so I expect there will be a new version Monday or Tuesday.
GDF also posted that this beta only benefits Windows running 2XX series cards ... perhaps 25% faster :party:

OldChap
03-13-2010, 05:20 AM
Yep I had one of those ...the time taken to complete matched the cpu time...I just let it slide due to it being a beta.

Glad to hear they are working to resolve that

Mabyboi
03-13-2010, 06:18 AM
Have they fixed this problem yet?

Snow Crash
03-13-2010, 06:37 AM
GDF is responding to posts on their forum today but likely is doing so on his own time.
Like I posted this morning, I don't expect anything to change until Monday or Tuesday.

=[PULSAR]=
03-13-2010, 06:43 AM
So has this fixed the issues with dual 295's?

Snow Crash
03-13-2010, 07:08 AM
I just returned my first beta from this round on my dual 295 in 3.25 hours !!!
I have 4 more betas lined up ... gonna rock some serious ppd.

Pulsar ... I have run my dual card GTX295 on an Asus P6T (vanilla not deluxe) with Vista 64 Ultimate and Win7 Home Premium.
Currently it is running on my EVGA SLI LE with WinXP Pro 32.
You CAN get both cards running ... if you have specific Qs post em up and I'll answer as best I can.

lkiller123
03-13-2010, 09:36 AM
Yeah they take 50 percent of the CPU when they run on my 9800GTX+.

CaptMorgan
03-13-2010, 11:12 AM
Awesome- I just typed a long post, which I hardly do, then the forum crashed

Snow Crash
03-13-2010, 11:21 AM
^ouch^ been there, done that
... sometimes I remember to use notepad if it's a really long post :-(

Angmaar
03-13-2010, 11:45 AM
^ouch^ been there, done that
... sometimes I remember to use notepad if it's a really long post :-(

If i'm writing a guide or something I will save it in notepad or just ctrl+c it in case something happens.

=[PULSAR]=
03-13-2010, 07:21 PM
I just returned my first beta from this round on my dual 295 in 3.25 hours !!!
I have 4 more betas lined up ... gonna rock some serious ppd.

Pulsar ... I have run my dual card GTX295 on an Asus P6T (vanilla not deluxe) with Vista 64 Ultimate and Win7 Home Premium.
Currently it is running on my EVGA SLI LE with WinXP Pro 32.
You CAN get both cards running ... if you have specific Qs post em up and I'll answer as best I can.

The problem I am having is running dual gtx295's. I have tried two boards a E760 and E758. I found I have to turn on quad sli for BOINC to recognize them. When I get WU's for them the core that is running my display always errors out instantly. I am also getting frequent cuda errors all the time using multiple different drivers after suspending it while playing games.

Snow Crash
03-14-2010, 01:34 AM
OK ... so it's dual GTX295 *packages*, I get it now, I thought you were talking about an old style 2 card package.
So for the crash on restart ... I wonder if for some reason each WU thinks it belongs to a specific card once it gets started?
I have switched cards (295 and 285) between machines and the WUs that were in progress completed fine so if they do know something about a card it has to be during the same boinc session.
Can you try ...
1. Uncheck the "leave application in memory while suspended"
2. Suspend the GPUGrid from the Project tab before running games
3. Reboot before unsuspending GPUGrid

If this works then maybe we can change things up on step 3 so it's less disruptive.

To get back to the beginning, the card running your monitor crashes WUs.
Was just reading on Seti and they talk about a know issue in general with running more than 1 GTX295 on Vista and Win7 in general, NVidia knows but does not care :down:

So maybe you can get at least some of them crunching?
here are the wiki notes on an option for cc_config that might help
<ignore_cuda_dev> from http://boinc.berkeley.edu/wiki/Client_configuration#Options
ignore (don't use) a specific NVIDIA. You can ignore more than one. New in 6.10.19

a tiny bit of clarification from Seti ...
And you choose by selecting it with the number N = 0,1,2,3 or whatever numbers BOINC gives them.

CaptMorgan
03-14-2010, 05:32 AM
Why did the time change have to be the same weekend I had to be back to work@ 10am the next day? I just left there @ 5am

PoppaGeek
03-14-2010, 01:16 PM
Why did the time change have to be the same weekend I had to be back to work@ 10am the next day? I just left there @ 5am

Can sure tell you aren't in KY. No liquor sales till after church and then I think only in some counties at all on Sunday of the counties that even sell booze. Lived in that state over 20 years. There were more Baptist than there people! Nothing wrong with Baptist just too many of them. A species needs diversity to survive. Too much inbreeding. :rofl: