PDA

View Full Version : another new app version 6.16

Snow Crash
03-11-2010, 11:03 AM
http://www.gpugrid.net/forum_thread.php?id=2055#15693

Message 15693 - Posted 11 Mar 2010 17:44:26 UTC
This is the latest optimized version that we have written. It should be quite a bit faster even compared to the new application.

GDF.

Looks like more app/ point improvements coming our way :clap:
Make sure the "beta" box is checked n your GPUGrid preferences!

These guys over at GPUGrid are certainly working hard and producing some great results. Keep in mind they have recently also created an ATI version (runs dog slow so they have not production realeased it), a CPU application (this was also really slow and not released). Of all the crunching projects I think these guys are up there with the very best. Their website hardly ever goes down and they always have work. They are better than most at communicating with us crunchers and they just secured a public funded project.

For as good as team XS is at crunching I think we have partnered quite well with GPUGrid.

They have also posted in their news section that they are getting backlogged on WUs and need some extra help clearing things up so if you know anyone that is not crunching with them maybe we can get them in at least on a temp basis (while we sink the hook) :up:

Otis11
03-11-2010, 01:49 PM
http://www.gpugrid.net/forum_thread.php?id=2055#15693

Looks like more app/ point improvements coming our way :clap:
Make sure the "beta" box is checked n your GPUGrid preferences!

These guys over at GPUGrid are certainly working hard and producing some great results. Keep in mind they have recently also created an ATI version (runs dog slow so they have not production realeased it), a CPU application (this was also really slow and not released). Of all the crunching projects I think these guys are up there with the very best. Their website hardly ever goes down and they always have work. They are better than most at communicating with us crunchers and they just secured a public funded project.

For as good as team XS is at crunching I think we have partnered quite well with GPUGrid.

They have also posted in their news section that they are getting backlogged on WUs and need some extra help clearing things up so if you know anyone that is not crunching with them maybe we can get them in at least on a temp basis (while we sink the hook) :up:

Shh.... I'm slowly working on all of my friends to get them crunching.

And by friends I mean: Hey John, I see you have a computer... Your name is John right? Yeah, have you heard of WCG...? (Not even kidding, just did this with john. The guy next to me in class right now... Agreed to crunch, but not for XS. :shakes: Oh well, on the the next...)

Oh, other idea that i'm attempting. 2 friends are building a desktop- I agreed to do the work of researching the best parts and deals for their budget if they'd crunch on it. :up:

Any ideas to get more of the people already on XS?

Snow Crash
03-11-2010, 03:23 PM
I'm just not any good at recruiting :shakes:

Back on topic ... they had some early teething problems and suspended the beta until tomorrow.

lkiller123
03-11-2010, 09:20 PM
I am ownage at recruiting, but my friends doesn't have any powerful rigs. I just do it for the fun.

"Hey Jason wanna help me?"
"Yeah?"
"You know about supercomputers right? Like lots of computers combined to make one powerful computer?"
"Umm I guess so.."
"Well, I am actually a part of the supercomputers. I install this one program called BOINC on my computer and I run something called WCG. You fight Cancer, AIDS, and more other diseases with that supercomputer."
"Wow, that sounds pretty amazing, how do I join."
"Alright you install BOINC, *...*"
"Account?"
"Oh, wanna run an account with me? My ID is LKILLER123, PW is *...*"
"Alright, done."

For some other people who asks particularly more questions, I will go in-depth and explain more. They all love the idea.