PDA

View Full Version : 7.1 0r 5.1 headphones??? help please

superjett
03-05-2010, 10:59 PM
ok guys I was in a store talking about some really good surround sound headphones with a mike a gentleman told me about some german ones that he said i cant get here in the USA but he said they where freakin awesome can anybody maybe tell me what the name of the company ,,,,,,maybe maximus...does that sound like a name of a head phone company from Germany?????...any help here would be awesome THX

Jokester_wild
03-06-2010, 12:38 AM
neither, invest in a good pair of headphones.

Sage88
03-06-2010, 12:54 AM
not sennheiser? not sure if they have a 5.1 or 7.1 set, but great headphones none the less. (you would be able to get them in the states tho so :shrug: )

SoulsCollective
03-06-2010, 01:38 AM
Oh dear. Headphones is one word, "gental men" should be 'gentleman', "cant" should be 'can't', "where" should be 'were', I'm not sure why you've got six commas in a row, and Germany deserves a capital letter.

What do they teach kids in school these days :p:

Leaving that aside, all "surround" headphones are junk. You simply cannot fit that many drivers in an earcup without making sacrifices, mostly in sound quality. You would be much better off getting a set of really good stereo cans and a clip-on mic, as most games are designed with stereo sound in mind for their positional cues. Sound quality will be better, listening to music will be much more enjoyable, and sound clarity and positioning will be as good, if not much better.

EniGmA1987
03-06-2010, 02:07 AM
Yep, not a single pair of surround headphones is even close to a good set of stereo headphones. I have only personally listened to 3 or 4, but did a lot of research on them when I was still trying to find a good set. I tried out 3 of "the best ones" and all sounded like garbage. Horribly uncomfortable too.

Jamesrt2004
03-06-2010, 07:13 AM
SONY - MDR-V6 ... will kill any of those crappy overpriced marketing gimmiks

Mescalamba
03-11-2010, 10:10 AM
Get Sennheiser.. forget 5.1 or 7.1 ..unless Sennheiser made. :D (they dont make them, not yet..)

If you want best for "reasonable" price .. get HD 650. For less you can get HD 555 or 595 (not big difference between them.. just 595 has tiny bit crispier sound).

And ofc, you need really good soundcard (if you want it for PC).. for gaming + music get Auzentech. For music only, ask someone else..

Demo
04-03-2010, 09:55 AM
What i dislike about these so called 5.1/7.1 headsets is that it uses 3-4 audio jacks and for what really..