PDA

View Full Version : Very weird problem OCing 955BE

irenedakota
03-05-2010, 12:21 AM
Having a very odd problem here.

I'm trying to OC my cpu (Obviously) and whilst I can change the multiplier in AMD OverDrive very easily (In fact I hit 3.8Ghz stock voltage linpack stable and 4Ghz @ 1.4V - didn't get a chance to go higher before hitting this odd issue).

The problem I'm having is that if I set the multiplier to higher than 18.5x (3.7Ghz) in my bios the CPU gets limited to 2.5Ghz (12.5x multiplier) :shrug: Although everything including OverDrive detects the 'correct' frequency, but the CPU is only running at 2.5Ghz. If I set the multiplier in the bios to 18.5x I can still push it higher using OverDrive without any issue at all.

Here is a screenshot showing the problem (Compare Target Speed to Current Speed in OverDrive):
http://imgur.com/m79XGl.jpg (http://imgur.com/m79XG.png)

Could this have something to do with Cool'n'Quiet. Didn't get a chance to try turning it off before having to leave for work this morning.

I am seriously impressed with this chip btw (3.8 stable stock voltage and I can get 3.9 almost stable)

BTW: Specs are in my sig.

irenedakota
03-05-2010, 06:53 AM
Thank you to everybody who didn't answer...

Turned off Cool'n'Quiet and the cpu is running at the correct speeds.

crazydiamond
03-05-2010, 01:47 PM
Thank you to everybody who didn't answer...

you gave it 5 hours in section of forum that hasnt had a post for 2 weeks - next time post in the regular amd section and im sure you will get many replies, no one checks here as frequently as there.

irenedakota
03-08-2010, 01:21 AM
you gave it 5 hours in section of forum that hasnt had a post for 2 weeks - next time post in the regular amd section and im sure you will get many replies, no one checks here as frequently as there.

Yeah, I suppose I also should try not to post when I'm tired and cranky :cool:

crazydiamond
03-08-2010, 10:36 AM
no problem =)

AlleyViper
08-02-2011, 06:37 PM
FYI (even if very late!), usually CnQ is fine until 18.5X but after that simply stops working even if left enabled (but without that bug).