PDA

View Full Version : Import PS3

Chris_redfield
03-04-2010, 04:09 PM
OK, so the Blu-Ray drive in my PS3 is dead and I'm going to have to pay to get it fixed because I voided the warranty by opening it.

However I have noticed that in japan there is a ltd edition slim PS3 to co-incide with the release of the new FF game. I think it actually looks pretty sweet and I'm a huge final fantasy fan so I'd be more than happy to pay the premium to have it replace my existing PS3.

BUT am I going to have region problems with games? Blu-Rays are not so much an issue as I have a seperate player for those in the lounge.

zanzabar
03-04-2010, 05:11 PM
games are all region free and the systems can output both pal and ntsc, but blu ray and dvds are not region free. unless u get the one from the limited preorder with the white system and the pink logo, other wise its a black one with ff13 and a 250GB HDD that u can get in the US. i would look to singapore as they have an awesome lime green one

Chris_redfield
03-05-2010, 03:25 AM
Yeah its the pink and white system I was after. There are one or two that are available on ebay and if I get on I'll have to get it from there as no one else will ship to my location. I think sony doesn't like imported consoles and have lawyered up. If they'd release something other than the bog standard variants of the console here in europe then people wouldn't do it whilst microsoft have release countless number of limited edition systems.

Starscream
03-05-2010, 08:11 AM
games are all region free and the systems can output both pal and ntsc, but blu ray and dvds are not region free. unless u get the one from the limited preorder with the white system and the pink logo, other wise its a black one with ff13 and a 250GB HDD that u can get in the US. i would look to singapore as they have an awesome lime green one

Actualy most blu-ray movies are region free.

The only problem you can have with importing a PS3 is the guarantee. Sony sees it as grey import and usualy refuses guarantee.

Darxide
03-06-2010, 03:35 AM
You don't say where you live, but if your in USA, don't worry about it.

Japan and USA are the same region for blu-ray.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Blu-ray_regions_with_key.png