PDA

View Full Version : Just checking

OldChap
02-26-2010, 03:30 PM
I need a quick summary of what is currently needed to crunch Grid

I put a 9600gso and a 9800gtx in one rig...is that ok to do?

I went to preferences and did this:

Resource share
If you participate in multiple BOINC projects, this is the proportion of your resources used by GPUGRID 100
Use Central Processing Unit (CPU) yes
Use NVIDIA GPU if present
(enforced by 6.10+ clients) yes
Run test applications?
This helps us develop applications, but may cause jobs to fail on your computer yes
Is it OK for GPUGRID and your team (if any) to email you?
Emails will be sent from ps3grid@gmail.com; make sure your spam filter accepts this address. yes
Should GPUGRID show your computers on its web site? yes
Default computer location ---
Maximum CPU % for graphics
0 ... 100 20
Run only the selected applications ACEMD: no
ACEMD ver 2.0: yes
ACEMD beta: yes
If no work for selected applications is available, accept work from other applications? yes
Use Graphics Processing Unit (GPU) if available yes
Use Central Processing Unit (CPU) yes

any thoughts/observations in particular relating to any requirement regarding version of boinc needed?

and finally what should I see when a version 2 is running (till now I only see ACEMD)

PoppaGeek
02-26-2010, 03:41 PM
I need a quick summary of what is currently needed to crunch Grid

I put a 9600gso and a 9800gtx in one rig...is that ok to do?

I went to preferences and did this:

any thoughts/observations in particular relating to any requirement regarding version of boinc needed?

and finally what should I see when a version 2 is running (till now I only see ACEMD)

According to GDF (http://www.gpugrid.net/forum_thread.php?id=2016) as long as cards are the same compute capability then they can be in same machine. The line in Messages that identifies your card will list the CC.

I see ACMED - GPU Molecular dynamics 6.03

Otis11
02-26-2010, 10:07 PM
Looks good! :up:

OldChap
02-27-2010, 09:27 AM
So, the 98gtx is completing in about 10hours and 45mins and the gso in about 15hours and 45mins (which is about half an hour longer that when it was on its own)

If the 240 is completing in 11 or so hours then it is closer to the gtx in performance