PDA

View Full Version : 8800GTX SLI with a BFG and XFX Card

Liam_G
02-26-2010, 12:59 AM
Hi Guys,

I'm having some trouble with my 8800gtx SLI Setup. I'm getting error code 43 in device manager, so that means driver conflicts. The screen is just showing up as though the drivers aren't installed and GPU's are not in use, I am also getting some screen artifacts in bios, post and then in windows. Could this mean there is some VGA RAM damage?

I have updated to the latest bios on my ASUS Striker Extreme n680i Version A2.
I have installed the latest Nvidia chipset drivers, then uninstalled the display drivers and performed a driver clean in safe mode, then reinstalled latest Nvidia display drivers. But still not working.

The first card is an XFX 8800gtx, the second a BFG 8800gtx. they have the same amount of memory but slightly different clock speeds and also different bioses. Is this an issue, and would it help if i flashed the XFX card to the BFG bios?

Or is this just indicative that one or both of the cards a dead?

I don't play any games that require a better graphics card setup than this so not wanting to upgrade just to solve the problem unless the cards are fried.

Thanks for any help or info.

System specs

Q6600 GO SLACR (stock clocks)
ASUS Striker Extreme
4gig Corsair Dominator
2 x 8800gtx (never overclocked)
Zalman HP 750w PSU
WC LOOP, MCP655>240 EK RAD>APOGEE XT CPU BLOCK>EK 120 RAD>EK 8800GTX WB x 2>BAY RES>

Its hard for me to test each card separately because of the WC.

Rollo
02-26-2010, 04:54 AM
Hi Guys,

I'm having some trouble with my 8800gtx SLI Setup. I'm getting error code 43 in device manager, so that means driver conflicts. The screen is just showing up as though the drivers aren't installed and GPU's are not in use, I am also getting some screen artifacts in bios, post and then in windows. Could this mean there is some VGA RAM damage?

I have updated to the latest bios on my ASUS Striker Extreme n680i Version A2.
I have installed the latest Nvidia chipset drivers, then uninstalled the display drivers and performed a driver clean in safe mode, then reinstalled latest Nvidia display drivers. But still not working.

The first card is an XFX 8800gtx, the second a BFG 8800gtx. they have the same amount of memory but slightly different clock speeds and also different bioses. Is this an issue, and would it help if i flashed the XFX card to the BFG bios?

Or is this just indicative that one or both of the cards a dead?

I don't play any games that require a better graphics card setup than this so not wanting to upgrade just to solve the problem unless the cards are fried.

Thanks for any help or info.

System specs

Q6600 GO SLACR (stock clocks)
ASUS Striker Extreme
4gig Corsair Dominator
2 x 8800gtx (never overclocked)
Zalman HP 750w PSU
WC LOOP, MCP655>240 EK RAD>APOGEE XT CPU BLOCK>EK 120 RAD>EK 8800GTX WB x 2>BAY RES>

Its hard for me to test each card separately because of the WC.

You should be able to test each card separately by disabling SLi in the NVIDIA CP, using each card as primary. Just hook up the monitor to one or the other. (not sure if you'll have to temporarily pull the primary out of it's slot to test secondary- I haven't done this- always just pulled cards and swapped)

To me your post sounds more like one of the cards is failing than a SLi problem, testing each card separately is your first step. (be sure to do this before flashing the bios, which you shouldn't need to do anyway)

I've used mixed brand SLi many times, should be no problem on the same model cards.

RottenMutt
02-28-2010, 07:09 PM
i've got one computer which runs both XFX and eVGA 8800GTX cards in sli without problems.