PDA

View Full Version : EVGA GTX 280 SSC vs. XFX GTX 280 XXX Edition

esabet
02-25-2010, 02:41 PM
Hi;

I know these cards are outdated but a few months ago I found a good deal on the EVGA GTX 280 SSC edition and bought it and now was trying to buy a second one to do SLI.

I have come across an XFX GTX 280 XXX Edition and the seller tells me that not only it will work well with my EVGA SSC edition, but also that the XFX in fact runs faster than the SSC (which I know its true).

My question is if I can SLI these two cards eventhough the XFX runs faster? Any possible issues or that would be a good match?

YukonTrooper
02-25-2010, 06:28 PM
Yes, you can SLI them. The clocks of the faster card will just default to the clocks of the slower card.

Planet
02-25-2010, 06:51 PM
Yes, you can SLI them. The clocks of the faster card will just default to the clocks of the slower card.

Yes it will work however the clocks will not just change, this is a big misconception. Car clocks stay the same but it can hurt performance.

esabet
02-25-2010, 08:29 PM
Yes it will work however the clocks will not just change, this is a big misconception. Car clocks stay the same but it can hurt performance.

In what way would it hurt performance (besides the fact that the XFX card will be under clocked)?