PDA

View Full Version : 4 more 260-216s added to the stable of hamsters

123bob
02-22-2010, 01:36 AM
I added 4 more 260-216s to the grid today. They are all OC. :clap:

I even have my 920 rig (Farm-14) running two of them! A first for me..... Whoo-Hoo! :rofl:

I initially had trouble with Farm-14 blue screening when starting Boinc GPUGrid. It was giving "dxgkrnl.sys" for a failure in the blue screen. This was with two identical 260-216s, 55nm, on an MSI X58 platinum mobo with a 920 CPU, Vista Ultimate 64bit, 6 gig of RAM. Nvidia driver 196.21, Boinc version 6.10.18.

I did not have the SLI bridge on then. I didn't think I needed it since this was a cruncher only..... I guess I did because I rummaged around to find one, put it on, and she took off fine.

I mention it here in case anyone else runs into it.....

So that brings my total contribution to GPUGrid to 10 260-216s. I have other cards still on folding, of course.....

I also have the one blown 260-216 on my desk in front of me. It is dead shorted between the 12 lines on the top power connectors. I'll try to track down a reference schematic of the card, but I doubt I'll get lucky. That card was a re-furb eVGA that I didn't pay much for. It might get the "dumpster" retirement plan. I'll keep the fan and sink since that still works and I have other cards of this vintage. I don't have high hopes that a repair is cost effective. The parts will likely cost more than the card cost me.....

I expect a score boost starting tomorrow.... I'm doing some comparison of cards on different profiles with the new ACEMD2 app, and some without. I'll report into that thread if I find anything interesting. I have not had much luck getting the new stuff. The tasks I'm running now on Farm-14 start with "ACEMD". I suppose that's the old one?

BTW, for you multi-team folks, you may have noticed my XS WCG output is low. That's because I'm helping out the team I started on Tech Reaction with a challenge. They will all return on March 1st.

Regards,
Bob

Snow Crash
02-22-2010, 08:58 AM
Congrats on the new additions to your farm.

While I was never really a challenge, I was getting a little closer through tweaks, guess it is all over until the fermis arrive :shrug:

Congrats again and your dedication is admirable,
Steve

CaptMorgan
02-22-2010, 09:11 AM
Sounds mad crazy 123bob- congrats, thank you and have fun with all those cards:up:

mreuter80
02-22-2010, 09:27 AM
wow, 10 cards :eek: ... congrats to the new cards :up:

123bob
02-22-2010, 10:15 AM
Thx guys.

....and then there's Stoneageman.....WOW! He's in a class by himself....:worship:

CaptMorgan
02-22-2010, 11:36 AM
I want to see his farm- or is farm too small a word!? maybe Plantation is more suited for him