PDA

View Full Version : intel ssd g2 [$429]

icecpu
02-20-2010, 07:23 AM
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002IGT7IU/ref=s9_simh_gw_p23_t1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-3&pf_rd_r=0MR6FCV6A5Z16ETPG1FR&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938811&pf_rd_i=507846

Is this the best deal and best ssd drive ?? I'm new to ssd, I'm thinking to upgrade from a raid 0 velociraptor

Badfastbusa
02-21-2010, 07:10 AM
I would recommend OCZ, they are dang near just as good, and can be had much cheaper... Not to mention, they have great support forums!

INFRNL
02-21-2010, 01:57 PM
I would recommend OCZ, they are dang near just as good, and can be had much cheaper... Not to mention, they have great support forums!

They are cheaper but you get less space as well. they are all in the same ballpark price/gb unless you find a good deal on the ocz's which there have been some recently.

I was thinking about trying one myself, but there are so many options now in the same price range.

The thing I do not like about OCZ is that you have no idea what nand you are going to get.
With OCZ they have the Solid 2, agility, and Vertex which are in that order according to paper, but in realworld, even the solid 2 and agility have better performance than the vertex...which comes back to which nand you get.
all of the OCZ drives are within a few bucks of eachother and sometimes ea one has a good deal as well; this really complicates things for a newbie like some of us :shrug:

as for price to the OP; I think that is the best price right now. ewiz has that drive for $435 w/ instant coupon. I also hear that the solid 2 series 120gb for $285 after rebate is the best price/performance drive right now.