PDA

View Full Version : A yellowish color on my computer screen!

TVFREAKAZOID
02-15-2010, 09:17 PM
So, i just turned on my computer and i'm getting this yellowish color on my computer screen. What does this mean? Is it slowing dying? It's a crt monitor and the brand is a viewsonic 19" A90f+. I've had it well over 3yrs. Just wondering if I need to start looking for a new monitor. :(

If so any suggestions? I've been kind of looking for a at least 24" led monitor. Thanks.

vinister
02-15-2010, 09:45 PM
give it a really good smack.

Seriously. When I had a CRT, it worked like a charm.

SoulsCollective
02-15-2010, 10:03 PM
By "yellowish colour" do you mean that the entire screen has a yellow tint to it?

Sounds like classic VGA cable issues - VGA connections transmit in colour "bands", so if the cable is bad or there's a loose connection at either end you tend to get an entire missing band, resulting in the display either looking all blue, or all green, or so on. Hitting it would perhaps solve the issue, yes, but you'd be better off just checking all the cable connections carefully :p:

TVFREAKAZOID
02-16-2010, 12:14 AM
WOW! Your a genius. You just made my day dude. It was the VGA cable. It was loose LOL!
I should of checked if it was the cable but I didn't think a loose cable would do something like that.

Do you have any suggestions on a nice led monitor? I in the market to buy a new monitor. Minimum of 24" or larger. I was thinking about either a samsung or LG. Or should I wait until 3d monitors are more widely available!

By "yellowish colour" do you mean that the entire screen has a yellow tint to it?

Sounds like classic VGA cable issues - VGA connections transmit in colour "bands", so if the cable is bad or there's a loose connection at either end you tend to get an entire missing band, resulting in the display either looking all blue, or all green, or so on. Hitting it would perhaps solve the issue, yes, but you'd be better off just checking all the cable connections carefully :p:

SoulsCollective
02-16-2010, 12:57 AM
Well, that depends on exactly what you want to do with it, and what sort of budget you had in mind, and so on and so on :p:

I'd start a new thread with a more appropriate title so you can get proper advice from more folks than just those reading a thread about a broken monitor ;)

Etihtsarom
02-17-2010, 12:06 AM
I think too early for 3D. LED display should do you fine, but they should start to come down pretty soon.