View Full Version : Decent Replacement for KX7-333R

08-16-2002, 05:24 AM
Right, got the RMA thru for my KX7-333R with apparently faulty voltage regulator, and they're doing me a full refund, SO, what d'ya reckon's gonna be the best step to take?

I'm tempted to ditch my CPU as well and get an IT7-Max / 2.26B Combo...

OR, I could stick with the AMD, but what board? Do i just go for another KX7, or should I go for the IT7? OR should I just grab a soltek for a few weeks and make do til I can get the KD7-R or AT7-MAX2? In a bit of a fix here as to what to choose now!

The only downside for me using Abit boards is the lack of Keyboard PowerOn support, and having to vmod em, but the increased bandwidth far outweighs the Epox offerings...
I flatly refuse to touch anything by gigabyte, msi or asus as IMO they're all pants...

Either way, the board that'll give me the most potential for 3DMark scores is what I'm after...

08-16-2002, 10:04 AM
You will get higher 3dmarks with an IT7 over a kx7 everything else being equal. probably about 1K higher.

btw how did you prove to them it was the voltage regulator?


08-16-2002, 10:15 AM
Didn't.... they took my word for it... issued the RMA for full refund there and then over the phone. THe board is still in my system. Only prob with IT7 is I need a buyer for my XP2000+ unlocked first.... can't afford to buy a P4 Northwood at the mo. What's general consensus on the AT7??

08-16-2002, 10:40 AM
I own both actually all 3

You can browse around these urls to see some benchies




once comcast comes back on line they have been offline for a few hours now.

The AT7 is a little slower at any given fsb and desn't seem to want to go above 205 with any agressive timings.


MuFf|n M@N
08-16-2002, 11:11 AM
how much for the 2000+ unlocked :rolleyes:

08-20-2002, 08:08 AM
Already have a buyer lined up m8... sorry!

08-21-2002, 05:38 AM
New relpacement for the KX7-333R is going to be.....

The Epox 8K5A-2+ temporarily. Until either the KT400 boards from Abit surface, or my order of 8K5A-3+ arrives...

08-26-2002, 03:04 AM
well the epox...i personally would have chosen a cheapo mainboard just to use until abits kt400 oferring is out....

08-26-2002, 08:37 AM
Nforce 2 will own kt400 chipset hopefully...

08-26-2002, 01:45 PM
u forget... with my place of work, every board is a temporary choice at very low cost... if the board is 100% working and I decide I want to upgrade, we put it in a machine labelled a "rebuild" consisting of new & used components so the system costs less and comes with a reduced warranty... means I can change hardware fairly regularly, just not the big stuff like Geforce4s or anything tho!