PDA

View Full Version : MCW462-U for omg cheap

Hell-Fire
12-14-2003, 01:18 PM
Sup peeps. I found a spot where you can buy a new MCW462-U block for $30. :banana: It comes with all the mounting hardware required for either Intel or AMD boards.

Versus spending $109 for the MCW462-UHT, I bought this block, then bought the upgrade kit to make it the pelted version. Cost me $57+shipping for the whole thing....saved me $50 to do it that way. :D And thats $50 that can buy me fans for my rad or whatever else I need.

http://2cooltek.safeshopper.com/68/cat68.htm?651

http://2cooltek.safeshopper.com/images/00ijskx.gif

Tedinde
12-18-2003, 04:36 PM
HMM Time to watercool my duallie for that price!!!!

Hell-Fire
12-18-2003, 06:39 PM
Yeh, and ya better jump on it because he had 11 left when I bought that block and said he wouldnt be gettting anymore after they sell out.

Tedinde
12-19-2003, 08:33 PM
Got my 2!!! Tracking number today, I've ordered from cooltechnica about 5 times in the past, Never a problem.

I bought the MCW462-UHT From them and my MCW-50.

The UHT, was the best TEC block i ever bought, Nice sealing, Looks professional, than cutting your own neoprene, Fast and easy.

Hell-Fire
12-19-2003, 10:47 PM
You ordered them from Cooltechnica?

The link I listed was for 2cooltek.com. :confused:

I like Cooltehnica as well....well done site with good customer service. They carry alot of inventory.

Tedinde
12-27-2003, 06:46 AM
Nah typo on my part. I ordered from your link. Everyone's going after swify's new blocks, Nothing wrong with these one's though, I already have one plus the TEC version.

Tec version is idiot proof, Every other block should design gaskets for their block that works so good with pelts.

Hell-Fire
12-27-2003, 10:45 AM
After looking over the block, I agree with you. They really put some effort into making a fine product.

Only reason I didnt buy a newer Swifty is that they stopped making the AMD Pelted version, and they also stopped making the AMD blocks with the hold down screws...just the 3 plug hold down which I hate.

Later and Happy New Year. :toast:

Tedinde
01-08-2004, 10:25 PM
I've still got one of the pelted one's in a drawer somewhere. Man i've got a lot of stuff!!!

Tweaked!
01-09-2004, 04:38 AM
I've got a duallie currently cooled by a set of those and they truely kick arse!!! Ted, you're going to love them.

Tedinde
01-10-2004, 01:08 PM
I've had a few in the past, not for the duallie though. Price is still holding up and i guess still in stock!!!

Guess no one wants last years block. Nice cause it's universal amd or intel.

the pic doesnt do justice to how big and heavy it really is. Those are true 1/2 inlets.

I still have one left powering my first 1.6a downstairs in the basement family room 1.6a @ 2.83ghz 177fsb on a TH7II!! Old school!!!

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/tedinde/photogallery/XFpics/IM000759small.jpg

Techmasta
01-10-2004, 03:57 PM
Hey tedinde how much was shipping on that block?

lostark374
01-10-2004, 04:26 PM
little off topic but i just gotta say ...seeing as im kinda new around here.
Tedinde
what dont you have " down in your basement " ive been reading alot of posts. your basement must be like a huge colocation with racks and racks of computers.
guess im just jelous

sinn
01-11-2004, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by lostark374
little off topic but i just gotta say ...seeing as im kinda new around here.
Tedinde
what dont you have " down in your basement " ive been reading alot of posts. your basement must be like a huge colocation with racks and racks of computers.
guess im just jelous

give oc'ing and building comps a little more time, and youll see your basement start to clutter up!! I just took the bed out of the guest room in the basement to make room for 2 new systems lol, who needs guests

lostark374
01-11-2004, 06:32 AM
been at it about 6 years now ...seems i retire most of my stuff ...i live in southern california and electricity aint cheap here so most of my stuff gets traded off or sold or thrown into spare parts piles but i do know what you mean. my first "high end" video card was a tnt 32 meg ..think i paid close to $175 for it. now i have a 9800p 128 and a ti4600 sitting in the spare parts pile. most of my friends look at my spare parts and get mad cause its nicer then what they run in there own box..

Tedinde
01-19-2004, 09:34 AM
Half of the basements finished like a family room, The other half is through a door and true basement,
Nice and cold for the F@H farm.

You would not believe the amound of old computers and junk i set out for the trash man when i moved 8 months ago!!!

I need to ebay stuff, I sold some p3's on there an they went for more than i thought. around $70. almost as much as a new 2400 thorton??

shipping was $9.30 3day. and if i remember like $6.20 for ground for the 2.

`schr0et
02-13-2004, 12:40 PM
2cooltek is a good dealer, have dealt with him a few times when I put together my first rig 8 months ago.

Excellent dealer, would recommend hehe :toast:

The price for the block is really unbeleivable, 30 bucks?!!