PDA

View Full Version : New Koolance CPU-360 Water Block!

Koolance
02-05-2010, 09:46 AM
I would like to introduce our newest high performance CPU water block, the Koolance CPU-360 (http://www.koolance.com/water-cooling/product_info.php?product_id=978). (No doubt, you guessed the model number already...)

The CPU-360 uses an advanced microfin cold plate-- 0.25mm fins, 0.30mm channels-- o-ring sealed impingement plate, and an optimized flow path to yield extremely high performance. This is done with much lower coolant restriction than the previous CPU-350. Here are details I yanked from our website description:

The CPU-360 contains a copper cold plate with brass top. As with all Koolance products, nickel plating is added to improve corrosion resistance. Two universal steel mounting brackets are included for mainstream Intel and AMD processors. The CPU-360 has standard G 1/4 BSP threading.

The below sockets are supported:
- AMD socket AM2, AM2+, AM3
- Intel socket LGA 1156
- Intel socket LGA 1366
- Intel socket LGA 775

We shipped review samples out earlier this week, so we hope to have some head-to-heads very soon. The CPU-360 will become available on Monday, Feb. 8th!

http://www.koolance.com/water-cooling/images/more/cpu-360_p0.jpg

http://www.koolance.com/water-cooling/images/more/cpu-360_p1.jpg

http://www.koolance.com/water-cooling/images/more/cpu-360_p2.jpg

http://www.koolance.com/water-cooling/images/more/cpu-360_p3.jpg

http://www.koolance.com/water-cooling/images/more/cpu-360_p4.jpg

Tim

Utnorris
02-05-2010, 09:54 AM
Nice! Look forward to the reviews.

Edward88
02-05-2010, 09:57 AM
Nice! Any performance test?

Skinneee!! :p

Well, only watercool and enzotech dont have new blocks now. Hope to see them soon!

Hondacity
02-05-2010, 10:11 AM
ooooooh i like the accelerator plate and base plate....

thanks TIM

Koolance
02-05-2010, 10:17 AM
Nice! Any performance test?

Yes, lots :). But I think it would be better to leave it up to reviewers to post their results first.

skinnee
02-05-2010, 10:24 AM
I really like the look, and we have internal shots in the first post. :up:

Edward88
02-05-2010, 10:42 AM
Yes, lots :). But I think it would be better to leave it up to reviewers to post their results first.

would be nice to see some of them :p:

i was going to buy a hk3, but now i will definitely wait for the results of this beauty :up:

NaeKuh
02-05-2010, 10:54 AM
ROFL... good job Tim.

Your coming back in the game again..

All i can say is wow in how it looks.

Im tempted to pick one up.

Elloquin
02-05-2010, 10:56 AM
GAH lol, I'll buy that just because it looks badass :P

Waterlogged
02-05-2010, 11:03 AM
Very nice looking. Waiting for numbers. :up:

Tim, YGPM.

iandh
02-05-2010, 11:05 AM
Pretty nice, I'm surprised nobody slotted the inlet area in microchannel blocks until now... I did that a couple years ago in a prototype block I posted here. It's a good design feature.

It was "obvious" to everyone why the center area of the fuzion had that feature, yet none of the microchannel block makers seemed to realize the same physics apply there.

The next step after that is to turn that notch into a 3-5mm wide pin cross-slotted pin matrix across the entire inlet area, it's something I've been working on for a while. I'm just saying it here, now, so nobody can say I "copied" them if someone happens to do that before I get pics of my prototype out.

Hondacity
02-05-2010, 11:16 AM
Pretty nice, I'm surprised nobody slotted the inlet area in microchannel blocks until now... I did that a couple years ago in a prototype block I posted here. It's a good design feature.

It was "obvious" to everyone why the center area of the fuzion had that feature, yet none of the microchannel block makers seemed to realize the same physics apply there.

The next step after that is to turn that notch into a 3-5mm wide pin cross-slotted pin matrix across the entire inlet area, it's something I've been working on for a while. I'm just saying it here, now, so nobody can say I "copied" them if someone happens to do that before I get pics of my prototype out.

more turbulence as it travel outside? sounds like some idea i read awhile back

Koolance
02-05-2010, 11:20 AM
The next step after that is to turn that notch into a 3-5mm wide pin cross-slotted pin matrix across the entire inlet area, it's something I've been working on for a while.

I'm not sure if we've tried multiple X-holes or not, but we do have a big scrap pile of rejected accelerator plates. We tried multiple holes, different shaped holes/slots/thicknesses/angles/etc. as I know many ppl here have done with their own blocks. So far, this slot worked best for the cold plate, but that's not to say we wouldn't consider offering other types or blank plates (like we did with the CPU-350). It's a very easy part to swap out that can make a big different on performance.

Tim

iandh
02-05-2010, 11:23 AM
more turbulence as it travel outside? sounds like some idea i read awhile back

If the center height of the channels is the same as the surrounding height, the water entering the matrix can create turbulence underneath the jet. Shortening the pins/channels in the inlet area reduces this. It also doesn't hurt performance having a shorter channel, because water at the inlet is traveling at its highest speed and lowest temperature inside the block, so no performance is lost. The taller channels are only needed after the inlet jet splits and cool/slows down.

Basically, the notch in the center makes it easier for the water to enter the channel matrix.

By switching from shortened fins in the center to a shortened pin array which feeds into pins, you further increase turbulence, and reduce the chance of tiny dead zones underneath the inlet. Basically it makes it even easier for the water to enter the matrix.

I'm not sure if we've tried multiple X-holes or not, but we do have a big scrap pile of rejected accelerator plates. We tried multiple holes, different shaped holes/slots/thicknesses/angles/etc. as I know many ppl here have done with their own blocks. So far, this slot worked best for the cold plate, but that's not to say we wouldn't consider offering other types or blank plates (like we did with the CPU-350). It's a very easy part to swap out that can make a big different on performance.

Tim

The jet plate is actually perfect according to my testing, I wouldn't change it at all.

I was talking about adding full depth cross slots under the jet in the channel plate, to create a pin array under the jet instead of a reduced height channel.

My channel shape is slightly different than yours, so I can't comment too reliabily about how doing that would affect performance in your particular design.

IMO, your block is the most sound design I've seen yet in a microchannel type block, and matches most closely to the design that my boss (taught thermodynamics at UCLA) advised me to follow, and that I've developed through my own testing.

Honestly I would have done someting a long while ago but I've been concentrating on other products.

Manicdan
02-05-2010, 11:25 AM
can you show us a AMD bracket? i assume its not the same X shape as the one shown

and can i assume it will work with 1/2 ID - 3/4 OD compression fittings?

skinnee
02-05-2010, 11:36 AM
I don't know if we got a review sample or not... Vapor has been awfully quiet lately... hmm.

Factotum
02-05-2010, 11:38 AM
http://www.koolance.com/water-cooling/images/more/cpu-360_p5.jpg

NaeKuh
02-05-2010, 11:40 AM
OH wow i just got my sample...

Thanks a LOT Tim...

I will show ya guys some gulftown numbers with it soon. :)

Bei Fei
02-05-2010, 11:50 AM
I think I will get rid of my 350 if the numbers look good!

Koolance
02-05-2010, 11:54 AM
I don't know if we got a review sample or not... Vapor has been awfully quiet lately... hmm.

You should have one arriving today via UPS.

Koolance
02-05-2010, 12:00 PM
can you show us a AMD bracket? i assume its not the same X shape as the one shown and can i assume it will work with 1/2 ID - 3/4 OD compression fittings?

Factotum beat me to it. That's it included with the kit. It will allow all of the same sizes of nozzles. The mounted picture I originally posted is with compression fittings for 1/2" ID, 5/8" OD. However, our 3/4" OD (http://www.koolance.com/water-cooling/product_info.php?product_id=747) compression also fit with about 1-2mm to spare.

skinnee
02-05-2010, 12:19 PM
You should have one arriving today via UPS.

Apparently my barley and hopps bribe to the UPS man needs to be refilled. :D

NaeKuh
02-05-2010, 12:21 PM
Pictures self explainitory... (excuse my pictures... remember im the worst photographer on this forum..)
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p73/aigomorla/Koolance/IMG_1642.jpg

Taken apart:
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p73/aigomorla/Koolance/IMG_1639.jpg

One sexy base... :O
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p73/aigomorla/Koolance/IMG_1641.jpg

Lets look at a comparison of bases:
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p73/aigomorla/Koolance/IMG_1640.jpg

For you whores who use compressions:
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p73/aigomorla/Koolance/IMG_1644.jpg

:O

Need to install the block.... must find time...

Manicdan
02-05-2010, 12:32 PM
looks nice, how much pressure is there using the springs instead of just thumbscrews and the plate? one problem i had with my fusion was the hold down plate warped before i could get enough pressure on the cpu, it looks like these hold down plates are very solid and you could get a few hundred pounds of force before any warping.

NaeKuh
02-05-2010, 12:35 PM
well i have a 350.. and the 360 looks like it uses the same mounting hardware..

SO i am just gonna do a block swap.. but for me to do that i need to drain.. and if i am gonna drain, i might as well flush.

So you guys are gonna need to wait a bit...

Also the best i will be able to tell ya guys is if its better then my current 350.
Nothing more... i have yet to install the XT, and i kinda dont want to, because i need to pull my board out for its mounting system.

And thats not something i really want to do on a tri loop system.

atomic ferret
02-05-2010, 12:42 PM
Wow, looks awesome! This is the best looking CPU block I've ever seen.

Koolance
02-05-2010, 12:48 PM
Wow, looks awesome! This is the best looking CPU block I've ever seen.

Thanks, atomic ferret!

Just a quick note to anyone reassembling the CPU-360 base--- make sure the microfins are perpendicular to the impingement slot! When you look down into the inlet, the slot should look like the teeth of a paper shredder.

We received stock before the user manual was completed, but we hope to get this onto our website by early next week.

bundymania
02-05-2010, 12:49 PM
.. looks interesting - i will include it in my roundup with 17 Blocks soon :)

http://www.hardwareluxx.de/community/showthread.php?t=611143

@Naecow (kuh = cow in german) Yes i do it the oldschool way..since 2001 and will not change the test procedure, because 95% are happy and satisfied with this method ! :clap::rolleyes: )

eth0s
02-05-2010, 01:22 PM
That is a great looking block, and I like the jet-injector plate, and the micro-channels. And I am sure it will perform well.

However, my main concern is the idea of nickel plating the copper base. I am still not convinced this is a great idea, due to the vast difference in the thermal conductivity of the two metals.

For those who don't know: Thermal Conductivity (k) is the quantity of heat transmitted, due to unit temperature gradient, in unit time under steady conditions in a direction normal to a surface of unit area, and is measured in W/mK.

Here is a comparison of the thermal conductivity of Nickel and Copper (at 68F) (higher is better):

Nickel: 52
Copper: 223

Thus copper is more than 4 times better at transferring heat than nickel. So, if you nickel plate your copper block, then you have wrapped your copper block with nickel, and have thus reduced its heat absorbing effectiveness by 1/4. Perhaps the effect is negligible due to the thinness of the nickel plating, but I don't know. And it still bothers me, and I would rather see a solid piece of pure copper touching the cpu heatshield, and a piece of bare copper contacting the water for greatest heat transference. Now I understand that the nickel plating has great advantages in terms of increasing hardness, and in reducing corrosion, but we are not operating in an extremely alkaline environment, so I don't know if the use of nickel plating is justified, given its reduced thermal conductivity. And furthermore, nickel is even lower on the anodic index than copper, which would increase, rather than mitigate, any chance of galvanic corrosion with any other metal found in the loop, especially aluminum. Has anybody else ever had these concerns about nickel plating?

Diverge
02-05-2010, 01:24 PM
Looks cool. You can use the mounting as a throwing star, if you sharpen it up ;p Makes me want to buy one... maybe when the new T3 comes out I'll have to upgrade stuff.

Koolance
02-05-2010, 03:18 PM
Thus copper is more than 4 times better at transferring heat than nickel.

Conductivity ratings in W/mK is based on 1 meter of the material. Heat movement is the same through microns of it, of course, but actual impact on performance is much more negligible. It's there, somewhere, but can be difficult to measure. When we compare our plating vs. not-plated, the thermal paste spread, mounting variables, and temp sensor tolerance affect the results far more.

So with a very minor theoretical decrease in heat movement, you get a cleaner, longer-lasting, shiny block with a bit of corrosion resistance built in. Still, I understand it's a matter of preference.

Tim

Koolance
02-05-2010, 03:27 PM
And furthermore, nickel is even lower on the anodic index than copper, which would increase, rather than mitigate, any chance of galvanic corrosion...

I'm not our expert on corrosion, but as I understand it, simply comparing anode potential is not all there is to determining what might get eaten away. It is also important to note which metals resist reaction. Also, a large anode area seems to make a difference.

For example, we have used gold plating mixed with aluminum rads for years (as EVERYONE knows :p), and I've yet to see an AL rad get eaten away unless there was bare copper and/or bad coolant involved. Gold is much further away from aluminum than nickel.

kinghong1970
02-05-2010, 03:50 PM
some products shoot to be the best of the best of the best...
and we find members of XS nickel plating them for bling...

some products offer a good performance with looks...

nothing wrong with it...

too early to say good or bad, right? no numbers yet on this gorgeous block...

bundymania
02-05-2010, 03:50 PM
I would suggest to include 3-4 different Jetplates like EK, so the users can experiment and find the best results between flowrate and temps :)

Kenjiwing
02-05-2010, 03:54 PM
Block looks kind of cool.. cant wait to see the reviews.

Manicdan
02-05-2010, 03:57 PM
I would suggest to include 3-4 different Jetplates like EK, so the users can experiment and find the best results between flowrate and temps :)

i second that motion, and a blank one they can modify themselves.

Edward88
02-05-2010, 04:22 PM
+1 to 3 or 4 different jetplates with a blank one ;)

Sadasius
02-05-2010, 04:37 PM
+1 :up: Needs more jetplates plus a blank.

Koolance
02-05-2010, 04:53 PM
Ok, we got it-- jet plates. ;)

Sadasius
02-05-2010, 04:58 PM
Okay so I guess I can put the nipple clamps away now! You gave in sooner then I thought! :rofl:

Jetplates just makes sense because if I am running just the CPU block I will make sure to have the plate that will be the most restrictive to cause the most turbulence. Later if I want to add a few blocks to the loop I can then change the plate so that everything runs in an optimized fashion according to the restriction placed which makes your block versatile and a customer will glare at your options when getting ready to make that purchase.

mariop
02-05-2010, 05:07 PM
Damn, what a beautifull block! Koolance always coming up with nice performing and beautifull blocks!

congrats.

Detale
02-05-2010, 05:11 PM
That is deff in the top 5 best looking blocks I've seen! Hopefully the tests make it comparable, if they are I am SOOOOO getting one Feb 6th :)

skinnee
02-05-2010, 05:49 PM
I like the idea of different impingement plates for those of us who want to experiment. However, for the majority of customers they are going to want the best plate installed when they receive the block and not have to mess around with taking the block apart. I know I am probably stating the obvious, but with all the excitement surrounding the release I just had to say it aloud.

Tim, thanks for taking care of Skinnee Labs... Sorry for giving you guff earlier, I should've known better. :up:

mrcape
02-05-2010, 06:12 PM
Love my 350. If this does better I'll grab it.

Send one to someone who will review immediately! It's easy to break down a setup.

Koolance
02-05-2010, 06:25 PM
The stock jet plate is stainless steel. We can offer blank versions, but it's not the easiest material to cut through and modify. It's also pretty thin, and care must be made that the plate doesn't warp when cut. We're evaluating some backup materials for spare plates; a lot is being discussed right now.

Sorry for giving you guff earlier, I should've known better. :up:

No guff taken. :)

Tim

iandh
02-06-2010, 01:53 AM
The stock jet plate is stainless steel. We can offer blank versions, but it's not the easiest material to cut through and modify. It's also pretty thin, and care must be made that the plate doesn't warp when cut. We're evaluating some backup materials for spare plates; a lot is being discussed right now.

No guff taken. :)

Tim

I would recommend brass. Much easier to machine than stainless or copper, and no worries about interactions with the loop. Reasonably inexpensive too.

Envy
02-06-2010, 02:44 AM
beautiful shuriken block will hurt the competition. :clap:

anubis_is_evil
02-06-2010, 02:50 AM
wow, looks very good..the concept is quite different from any block that i ever seen...i dont like much about that pretty big thumb screw there for mounting, it would be nice if it comes with smaller thumb...but sure it looks very good overall

bobruto
02-06-2010, 03:06 AM
is this the first time somebody managed to make one hold down plate for THREE Intel sockets? :)
very nice finish, as usually

Onoff312
02-06-2010, 03:09 AM
looks great could use some black highlights.

NidStyles
02-06-2010, 03:51 AM
I'd rather see the base without the finish as it doesn't require corrosion resistance.

One question Tim, how would you rate this with sub-amb or sub-zero flow compared to the EK Supreme HF?

ohms
02-06-2010, 03:59 AM
Is it as restrictive as the CPU-350 was and when will it hit the stores?

Waterlogged
02-06-2010, 04:02 AM
Is it as restrictive as the CPU-350 was and when will it hit the stores?

Umm,

The CPU-360 uses an advanced microfin cold plate-- 0.25mm fins, 0.30mm channels-- o-ring sealed impingement plate, and an optimized flow path to yield extremely high performance. This is done with much lower coolant restriction than the previous CPU-350.

WaterFlex
02-06-2010, 04:09 AM
Great looking block :up: Now is the time to find out: XT vs 360 :)

ohms
02-06-2010, 04:14 AM
Lol, thanks Waterlogged, I must have missed that part in all the excitement and... ohhh shiny.

faster3200
02-06-2010, 09:39 AM
Can this block fit 3/4" OD Comp fittings?

looks great could use some black highlights.

Shhhh... you're stealing my ideas.

PeterStoba
02-06-2010, 09:59 AM
Can this block fit 3/4" OD Comp fittings?

Shhhh... you're stealing my ideas.

Koolance says yes;

Factotum beat me to it. That's it included with the kit. It will allow all of the same sizes of nozzles. The mounted picture I originally posted is with compression fittings for 1/2" ID, 5/8" OD. However, our 3/4" OD (http://www.koolance.com/water-cooling/product_info.php?product_id=747) compression also fit with about 1-2mm to spare.

NaeKuh
02-06-2010, 10:42 AM
Ambients holding @ 20.2... water temp @ 22.1

San Aces @ around 1500 RPMS.

KL-350
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p73/aigomorla/Personal/Temp/KL350.jpg

You guys like my lazy man OC???
Its called Ramp the Multi only.. :rofl:

Gonna flush the loop, and drop in the 360.
Should have results for it by 2pm PST today.

Guys my results are unoffical... meaning... it wont tell ya much besides is the block better on a high pressure system and on gulftown or not.

Also keep your eyes on realtemp and not cpu-z... :P
yes i know im teasing ya with a 980..

Hondacity
02-06-2010, 10:52 AM
those are good temps for the k350.... :D

NaeKuh
02-06-2010, 10:55 AM
those are good temps for the k350.... :D

i think my sensors are borked again.

So all there good for is... very cool.. warm... oh noes its gonna pop!

Factotum
02-06-2010, 11:32 AM
NaeKuh
What does i7 turbo feature shows?

NaeKuh
02-06-2010, 03:12 PM
NaeKuh
What does i7 turbo feature shows?

im on a E759 classy dude..

there is no turbo throttle on this board.

Also this is an XE cpu, and my multi is 32x... there is no turbo that will take you from 25x -> 32x unless its a XE cpu. :rofl:

Anyhow here is the KL360 temps..

They look a TAD bit better, but ambient are not working with me today.

So take this as a grain of salt... and wait for vapor or skinnee to show results.

KL-350

KL-360:
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p73/aigomorla/Koolance/kl360.jpg

The 360 does show as an improvement tho.
I would need to get multipul mounts down for it to be more accurate, which is why i am asking u guys to take this a a big grain of salt. :rofl:

INFRNL
02-06-2010, 03:37 PM
Naekuh,
You have results with a full load?
How do you think this will compare against the swiftech?

I might be bugging you again soon for your help and advice...its finally time to go H20

send me a pm or I am always on the messenger if you still have me listed :rofl:

forgot to say that this is yet another Sweet looking block from Koolance:up:
I was going to get the K-350 a while back but never made it; this block IMO looks even better:up: :clap:

StAndrew
02-06-2010, 06:09 PM
Which way do the pins run in reference to the top? Is it fixed or can you change the orientation? I thinking that if you changed to pins to run with the fittings, you can increase the flow and vice versa will increase the performance.

mattkosem
02-06-2010, 07:48 PM
KL-350

KL-360:
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p73/aigomorla/Koolance/kl360.jpg

Strange to see the GFlops so much higher on the 360 than the 350. Were there any changes other than the block?

--Matt

dave510
02-06-2010, 08:27 PM
Hmmm...this just made my waterblock decision much more difficult. I'll wait for some benches. Nice work!

NaeKuh
02-06-2010, 08:49 PM
Strange to see the GFlops so much higher on the 360 than the 350. Were there any changes other than the block?

--Matt

no change... i noticed linpack varies as you run it...

But im also at a low bclk... if i ramp up bclk those numbers change a lot too.

But as i said, its a lazy man's OC.

WaterFlex
02-06-2010, 09:18 PM
But as i said, its a lazy man's OC.

Like your avatar ? :) Anyway, great job mate :up:
Looking forward to xt vs 360 numbers.

INFRNL
02-06-2010, 11:37 PM
I dont care how it compares, It will be better than the 350 and thats what I was gonna get last year; count me in on this one :up:

I love the way it looks, and I like the fact that its already setup for the different sockets.

Unfortunately I am a noob and have to rely on Naekuh's word :rofl:

I am sure this block, apogee Xt, and HK 3.0 will all be at the top of the list. I think it will come down to everyones final preference.

gillbot
02-07-2010, 05:30 AM
I dont care how it compares, It will be better than the 350 and thats what I was gonna get last year; count me in on this one :up:

I love the way it looks, and I like the fact that its already setup for the different sockets.

Unfortunately I am a noob and have to rely on Naekuh's word :rofl:

I am sure this block, apogee Xt, and HK 3.0 will all be at the top of the list. I think it will come down to everyones final preference.

Be careful with that, you'll spend WAY more $ than you ever intended to. :ROFL:

scamps
02-07-2010, 07:58 AM
(deleted respecting skinnee, vapor, martinm and shazza)

shazza
02-07-2010, 08:05 AM
Now, now, scamps - don't start the international wars :)

You know that NaeKuh's procedures are only representative of the Manga ways ...

scamps
02-07-2010, 10:35 AM
@Shazza
You are right, sorry. Deleted :wave:

INFRNL
02-07-2010, 11:01 AM
Be careful with that, you'll spend WAY more $ than you ever intended to. :ROFL:

isn't that the truth, we don't want to be aigo'd, but I think I was the last time. Naekuh= 5 start budget/class

Gillbot/INFRNL= McDonalds or the buffet class:rofl:

These should be rolling out tomorrow, looks like they are priced at the previous K350 pricing; not bad, I have seen worse

NaeKuh
02-07-2010, 11:18 AM
i am not a tester..

which is why i am not claiming anything besides it being better then its predicessor.

i gave up testing when ES processors were ban'd.

That makes no sense to me, but my first love has always been processors.

So i decided to give up the later instead of the former.

is it better then the HK.. dunno.. is it better then the XT?
i dunno either..

is it better then the KL-350... well in my system it is.

prava
02-07-2010, 01:27 PM
i am not a tester..

which is why i am not claiming anything besides it being better then its predicessor.

i gave up testing when ES processors were ban'd.

That makes no sense to me, but my first love has always been processors.

So i decided to give up the later instead of the former.

is it better then the HK.. dunno.. is it better then the XT?
i dunno either..

is it better then the KL-350... well in my system it is.

Something tells me that the 360 will be even better in normal systems as we all know that 350 eats flow like hell...which means that in a less xtreme system the 350 will perform quite worse and, as such, the difference between the 350 and the 360 will be bigger.

JASSAF
02-07-2010, 03:31 PM
NaeKuh, skinnee: :up: I had seen somewhere (excuse the translation) :clap:

bladechai
02-07-2010, 04:49 PM
Sweet design...

zalbard
02-07-2010, 04:54 PM
Oh, come on man, I don't think it's a copy... Most waterblocks have very similar design...
Not like it's rocket science.

JASSAF
02-07-2010, 05:26 PM
Oh, come on man, I don't think it's a copy... Most waterblocks have very similar design...
Not like it's rocket science.

I do not mean a copy :eek:,.... I speak of the coincidence in the design :up:.

twwen2
02-07-2010, 06:04 PM
Great looking block! I think it's a nice new and refreshing design. Should perform well too.

bigx333
02-07-2010, 06:35 PM
I love the looks of those new koolance blocks (maximus 3, 360, etc) :D

space_pope
02-07-2010, 06:40 PM
Speaking of similarities, don't these look similar?

http://img123.imageshack.us/img123/2464/heatkiller2soo9.jpg

http://www.koolance.com/water-cooling/images/more/cpu-360_p3.jpg

Edward88
02-07-2010, 07:37 PM

You place the 360 outlet in the wrong place

Hondacity
02-07-2010, 07:45 PM
sharp eye edward88 i didn't see that...lol

JASSAF
02-07-2010, 08:49 PM
You place the 360 outlet in the wrong place

:yepp: :yepp: similar to the HK

Edward88
02-07-2010, 09:17 PM
it's quite similar to the heatkiller, only that the 360 have more micro channels and the micro channels have two sizes also the channel across the microchannels that might help. Im looking forward for skinnee results of this block.

scamps
02-08-2010, 02:17 AM
That both Koolance and EK have copied the internals of the Heatkiller in main details should be clear. So the possible differences in performance are limited. Still waiting on a innovative idea for different internals ...

colex
02-08-2010, 02:24 AM
That both Koolance and EK have copied the internals of the Heatkiller in main details should be clear. So the possible differences in performance are limited. Still waiting on a innovative idea for different internals ...

... innovative idea: Apogee XT, with "micropin" internal structure!

Humminn55
02-08-2010, 04:22 AM
... innovative idea: Apogee XT, with "micropin" internal structure!

Which is nothing more than another series of channel cuts in the block, perpendicular to the first set of channel cuts.

zalbard
02-08-2010, 06:32 AM
I do not mean a copy :eek:,.... I speak of the coincidence in the design :up:.
Ah, got you wrong, my bad. Both blocks look great imo, both inside and outside. :up:

Manicdan
02-08-2010, 07:32 AM
has anyone cut micro channels into the IHS itself? i think that would be pretty cool (good luck with water proofing it).

sorry for the off-topic.

Hondacity
02-08-2010, 07:40 AM
the ihs is very thin....

Manicdan
02-08-2010, 08:30 AM
id think 1/2mm channels are more than possible, its a little over a mm at the thinnest part right?

NaeKuh
02-08-2010, 08:40 AM

are you smoking crack?

EK Supreme predates the HK by almost 1.5yrs.

I was preaching supreme b4 HK and Bitspower even showed up...

EK copied HK my ass... You mean the other way around.

And even before that, there was a block which predates the supreme.

(sorry the HK fanbase pisses me off... they try to bloat the block more then its worth..)

Petra
02-08-2010, 08:45 AM
are you smoking crack?

HK copied EK my ass...

...and even before that, the basic concept can be traced to Stew's WhiteWater design... and before that, there was this block of copper with water running through it.... and before that, blahblahblahblah.

Seriously guys, what's the point of this? :rolleyes:

NaeKuh
02-08-2010, 08:48 AM
...and even before that, the basic concept can be traced to Stew's WhiteWater design... and before that, there was this block of copper with water running through it.... and before that, blahblahblahblah.

Seriously guys, what's the point of this? :rolleyes:

yeah... i made edits alex... thanks.. i couldn't think what block it was.. ;P

Need more coffee...

nikhsub1
02-08-2010, 09:04 AM
I ROFL when the 'who copied who' discussions start.

On topic, the block looks super sexy, makes me wish I was still testing :(

scamps
02-08-2010, 09:05 AM
@Naekuh&Petra
:rolleyes: evidences?
Review of Heatkiller 2.0, dd. 23.07.2004:
http://www.hartware.de/review_414_3.html
Review of Heatkiller 2.5, dd. 15.05.2005
http://www.hartware.de/review_472.html
And there were versions 1.0 & 1.5 available....
But agreed, I do not know anything about the time before :ROTF:

Manicdan
02-08-2010, 09:12 AM
i would only call it copying, if someone built a block which performed and looked identical to one from years ago. but i think everyone is moving forward with performance, even if things look similar. and its more than just how the bottom plate looks, the water flow path, pressure spray nozzles, and how much resistance all make a huge difference too. and if somehow everyone built the SAME EXACT thing, i would just go with whichever cost the least, and had the mounting method i liked best. there is SO much more than just the bottom plate of copper. (theres the color, duh)

NaeKuh
02-08-2010, 09:15 AM
@Naekuh&Petra
:rolleyes: evidences?
Review of Heatkiller 2.0, dd. 23.07.2004:
http://www.hartware.de/review_414_3.html
Review of Heatkiller 2.5, dd. 15.05.2005
http://www.hartware.de/review_472.html
And there were versions 1.0 & 1.5 available....
But agreed, I do not know anything about the time before :ROTF:

OK.... it predates the supreme...

However try this.
http://www.employees.org/~slf/WWReview/

But seriously can we stop saying people copyed stuff from other people.
Its getting really old fast.

Woah... i learned something new tho.. didnt think HK went back that far...

dejanh
02-08-2010, 09:23 AM
Hmmm...I'm thinking...should I take apart my HK block and cut a slot the same way as the 360 base? What benefit would this provide?

NaeKuh
02-08-2010, 09:26 AM
Hmmm...I'm thinking...should I take apart my HK block and cut a slot the same way as the 360 base? What benefit would this provide?

ur better off fixing the injector.

If i remember correctly, everyone tells you to remove that injector because it serves no point.

Also makes rattling noises inside the block.

Your best fixing the injector so its better sealed and actually works.

Alexandr0s
02-08-2010, 09:48 AM

You could try doing the silicone mod: http://www.skinneelabs.com/143.html

scamps
02-08-2010, 12:29 PM
@Waterlogged
If you would be right how to explain my current block? ;)
http://www.abload.de/thumb/064_bildgrendernu2bc.jpg (http://www.abload.de/image.php?img=064_bildgrendernu2bc.jpg)
My comment is seriously without any thought of german or european manufacturers. But I see both Heatkiller/EK/Koolance internals and the structure of Swiftech XT at the top of what is possible with those kind of internals @suitable costs. The excursion of "copy history" was just an explanation of what I wrote before and what was not believed in. And to be honest: I did not knew the White Water Waterblock before (btw: how old is it?), so I learned something new, too.

Koolance did a good job with the 360. You can love it or not. But the performance canīt be surprising, only +/- 1° worse or better than Heatkiller 3.0 and Supreme HF with restrictive channel plate.

dejanh
02-08-2010, 01:06 PM
ur better off fixing the injector.

If i remember correctly, everyone tells you to remove that injector because it serves no point.

Also makes rattling noises inside the block.

Your best fixing the injector so its better sealed and actually works.

Are you suggesting to remove the injector plate all together? Reasoning? :confused:

I know about the silicone mod. Yet to try that. I wonder if the gasket silicone would work. I have a whole tube left over from re-doing some of the gaskets on my engine.

Hondacity
02-08-2010, 06:24 PM
Are you suggesting to remove the injector plate all together? Reasoning? :confused:.

remove the accelerator plate? i would rather not...

dejanh
02-08-2010, 07:03 PM

And hence the reason why I am as :confused: as you are...

NaeKuh
02-08-2010, 09:27 PM

when andy and others were testing the block i could of sworn they said to remove the plate.

I could be wrong...

But i did hear that the plate did little to nothing on the HK..

Once again.. i could be wrong...

Hondacity
02-08-2010, 09:44 PM
guess why ek and hk and koolance have em plates ....

scamps
02-08-2010, 11:36 PM

one more indication: the main difference between Heatkiller LC and LT is the missing jet plate (at LC) - and the LT is at least 2° better.

I would surely not remove the jet plate. My little experience with the different jet plates of the Supreme HF show different temps up to 3° - so if you remove the jet plate of the Koolance completely you will lose an essential part of its performance (though the flow will increase significantly).

The removable part of the heatkiller is the small plastics inside the inlet:
http://www.abload.de/thumb/08.12.19002mediumtzm3.jpg (http://www.abload.de/image.php?img=08.12.19002mediumtzm3.jpg)
Anyway not provided with the CPU-360.

Hondacity
02-08-2010, 11:56 PM
yep i also confirmed the effect of the jet plate :up:on the ek supreme

on the ek supreme,removing the plate hinders the performance...

Raiden
02-09-2010, 03:22 AM
It looks really good , i want to see the temps of it !

Hope this can come to Portugal soon , we got many addicts to watercooling now as well that like the new products :D

Leeghoofd
02-09-2010, 03:26 AM
Looking to see some results lads, nothing heard for a sample :(

bundymania
02-09-2010, 06:46 AM
THX @ Tim :)

http://www.abload.de/img/img_4167cy6e.jpg

...you got mail

Edward88
02-09-2010, 07:04 AM
Any reviews yet?

Koolance
02-09-2010, 08:35 AM
We would encourage reviewers and users of the CPU-360 to try different mounting orientations. There can be a small performance difference for some processors depending on how the fins align with the core. I've not yet seen any data comparing nozzle outlet pointing down vs. up, though.

Tim

overclocking101
02-09-2010, 09:00 AM
love the look of this block but cant fork out 80+ dollars

NaeKuh
02-09-2010, 09:07 AM
The removable part of the heatkiller is the small plastics inside the inlet:
http://www.abload.de/thumb/08.12.19002mediumtzm3.jpg (http://www.abload.de/image.php?img=08.12.19002mediumtzm3.jpg)
Anyway not provided with the CPU-360.

:up:

thanks for the clear up.

We would encourage reviewers and users of the CPU-360 to try different mounting orientations.

Tim

Already messing with orientation, and so far i think its like the supreme.

So you want inlet in the middle, and the wash on the right, since the cpu is a rectangle with the long side going down.

I would need more time to play with it tho.

JASSAF
02-09-2010, 09:40 AM
:up:

thanks for the clear up.

Already messing with orientation, and so far i think its like the supreme.

So you want inlet in the middle, and the wash on the right, since the cpu is a rectangle with the long side going down.

I would need more time to play with it tho.

right or left ............. inlet in the middle: not working :wierd:

NaeKuh
02-09-2010, 10:02 AM
right or left ............. inlet in the middle: not working :wierd:

the inlet on the block is the middle...

The allignment of the plate is in a 90 degree of plane of the outlet.

So you want the outlet being on the right.

Im lost in what you mean on the inlet in the middle not working?

JASSAF
02-09-2010, 10:14 AM
the inlet on the block is the middle...

The allignment of the plate is in a 90 degree of plane of the outlet.

So you want the outlet being on the right.

Im lost in what you mean on the inlet in the middle not working?

a closeup of the base (without photoshop) ... does anyone have it?

NaeKuh, see Attach: do you realy think itīs gonna work that way?

Metric
02-09-2010, 10:43 AM
Now available at koolance.com: http://www.koolance.com/water-cooling/product_info.php?product_id=978

:)

JASSAF
02-09-2010, 11:00 AM
Now available at koolance.com: http://www.koolance.com/water-cooling/product_info.php?product_id=978

is photpshop .......... closeup one is:

http://img682.imageshack.us/img682/466/cpuproto12.th.jpg (http://img682.imageshack.us/my.php?image=cpuproto12.jpg)

a super closeup: http://www.schwarz-muenchen.de/pics/Hk_3.0/100_1409.JPG

Alexandr0s
02-09-2010, 11:00 AM

Hmm, I thought I saw it available there 4 days ago when Koolance announced it?

NaeKuh
02-09-2010, 11:10 AM
a closeup of the base (without photoshop) ... does anyone have it?

NaeKuh, see Attach: do you realy think itīs gonna work that way?

u got the baseplate alligned wrong.

LOL...

Well i did in the picture... the injector is 90 degree's to the blocks cutting plane.

So flip your picture 90 degree's.

Metric
02-09-2010, 11:10 AM
Hmm, I thought I saw it available there 4 days ago when Koolance announced it?
Oops, that's what I get for not reading the OP too closely :ROTF:

is photpshop .......... closeup one is:

http://img682.imageshack.us/img682/466/cpuproto12.th.jpg (http://img682.imageshack.us/my.php?image=cpuproto12.jpg)

a super closeup: http://www.schwarz-muenchen.de/pics/Hk_3.0/100_1409.JPG
JASSAF, I'm not sure what you are referring to. Are you saying that the HK shot isn't real? I'm a little lost... :confused:

NaeKuh
02-09-2010, 11:12 AM
Jassaf you know it was discovered high fins on the block isnt important.

You want a thin base + surface area, that doesnt go too far from the base.

JASSAF
02-09-2010, 11:16 AM
Oops, that's what I get for not reading the OP too closely :ROTF:

JASSAF, I'm not sure what you are referring to. Are you saying that the HK shot isn't real? I'm a little lost... :confused:

noooo ... I speak of 360: is photpshop

NaeKuh
02-09-2010, 11:18 AM
as i said u got the injector wrong.

You flipped it 90 degree's.

The injector dumps into that divit you see in the middle, the water gets spread out evenly on the pathway, and gets recycled at the end.

Look at my edits 3 posts up.

EDIT... ack look at it now.. lol... i need more coffee

JASSAF
02-09-2010, 11:35 AM
We would encourage reviewers and users of the CPU-360 to try different mounting orientations. There can be a small performance difference for some processors depending on how the fins align with the core. I've not yet seen any data comparing nozzle outlet pointing down vs. up, though.

Tim

NaeKuh, we are talking about the same thing......:rofl: :up:

i am talking about KOOLANCE post:different positions can me made. Just two (left and right).....thats why i posted that diagram:there are no more positions

NaeKuh
02-09-2010, 12:25 PM
NaeKuh, we are talking about the same thing......:rofl: :up:

i am talking about KOOLANCE post:different positions can me made. Just two (left and right).....thats why i posted that diagram:there are no more positions

oh so u mean shift the base plate and try it out?

id think it would FLUNK, because your wash area is all messed up.

But i think i understand what your saying now..

Factotum
02-09-2010, 01:48 PM
But i think i understand what your saying now..JASSAF PATENT for baseplate №0000000000000000001 :rolleyes:

Vapor
02-09-2010, 03:20 PM
Pictures for the upcoming skinneelabs review! :D :D

http://www.skinneelabs.com/assets/images/CPUBlocks/i7/Round2/CPU-360/KL-360_prodshot.jpg
http://www.skinneelabs.com/assets/images/CPUBlocks/i7/Round2/CPU-360/thm_KL-360_prodshot2.jpg (http://www.skinneelabs.com/assets/images/CPUBlocks/i7/Round2/CPU-360/KL-360_prodshot2.jpg)
http://www.skinneelabs.com/assets/images/CPUBlocks/i7/Round2/CPU-360/thm_KL-360_prodshot-amd.jpg (http://www.skinneelabs.com/assets/images/CPUBlocks/i7/Round2/CPU-360/KL-360_prodshot-amd.jpg)
http://www.skinneelabs.com/assets/images/CPUBlocks/i7/Round2/CPU-360/thm_KL-360_baseplate.jpg (http://www.skinneelabs.com/assets/images/CPUBlocks/i7/Round2/CPU-360/KL-360_baseplate.jpg)
http://www.skinneelabs.com/assets/images/CPUBlocks/i7/Round2/CPU-360/thm_KL-360_internals1.jpg (http://www.skinneelabs.com/assets/images/CPUBlocks/i7/Round2/CPU-360/KL-360_internals1.jpg)
http://www.skinneelabs.com/assets/images/CPUBlocks/i7/Round2/CPU-360/thm_KL-360_internals2.jpg (http://www.skinneelabs.com/assets/images/CPUBlocks/i7/Round2/CPU-360/KL-360_internals2.jpg)
http://www.skinneelabs.com/assets/images/CPUBlocks/i7/Round2/CPU-360/thm_KL-360_fins1.jpg (http://www.skinneelabs.com/assets/images/CPUBlocks/i7/Round2/CPU-360/KL-360_fins1.jpg)
http://www.skinneelabs.com/assets/images/CPUBlocks/i7/Round2/CPU-360/thm_KL-360_fins2.jpg (http://www.skinneelabs.com/assets/images/CPUBlocks/i7/Round2/CPU-360/KL-360_fins2.jpg)
http://www.skinneelabs.com/assets/images/CPUBlocks/i7/Round2/CPU-360/thm_KL-360_fins3.jpg (http://www.skinneelabs.com/assets/images/CPUBlocks/i7/Round2/CPU-360/KL-360_fins3.jpg)

ETA for the review is a few weeks, the Supreme HF testing will be up by then too!

JASSAF
02-09-2010, 03:36 PM
Pictures for the upcoming skinneelabs review! :D :D

http://www.skinneelabs.com/assets/images/CPUBlocks/i7/Round2/CPU-360/thm_KL-360_internals2.jpg
http://www.skinneelabs.com/assets/images/CPUBlocks/i7/Round2/CPU-360/thm_KL-360_fins1.jpg
http://www.skinneelabs.com/assets/images/CPUBlocks/i7/Round2/CPU-360/thm_KL-360_fins2.jpg
http://www.skinneelabs.com/assets/images/CPUBlocks/i7/Round2/CPU-360/thm_KL-360_fins3.jpg

ETA for the review is a few weeks, the Supreme HF testing will be up by then too!

VAPOR: a closeup

warriorpoet
02-09-2010, 03:39 PM
pictures for the upcoming skinneelabs review! :d :d

http://www.skinneelabs.com/assets/images/cpublocks/i7/round2/cpu-360/kl-360_prodshot.jpg
http://www.skinneelabs.com/assets/images/cpublocks/i7/round2/cpu-360/thm_kl-360_prodshot2.jpg
http://www.skinneelabs.com/assets/images/cpublocks/i7/round2/cpu-360/thm_kl-360_prodshot-amd.jpg
http://www.skinneelabs.com/assets/images/cpublocks/i7/round2/cpu-360/thm_kl-360_baseplate.jpg
http://www.skinneelabs.com/assets/images/cpublocks/i7/round2/cpu-360/thm_kl-360_internals1.jpg
http://www.skinneelabs.com/assets/images/cpublocks/i7/round2/cpu-360/thm_kl-360_internals2.jpg
http://www.skinneelabs.com/assets/images/cpublocks/i7/round2/cpu-360/thm_kl-360_fins1.jpg
http://www.skinneelabs.com/assets/images/cpublocks/i7/round2/cpu-360/thm_kl-360_fins2.jpg
http://www.skinneelabs.com/assets/images/cpublocks/i7/round2/cpu-360/thm_kl-360_fins3.jpg

eta for the review is a few weeks, the supreme hf testing will be up by then too!tease!

Kenjiwing
02-09-2010, 03:50 PM
Great to hear that vapor has another review coming :)

INFRNL
02-09-2010, 05:19 PM
I'm a ordering one even if its not top dog. Worst case I use it on another system and get an XT for my main rig

Need reviews or good opinions though...anyone

EDIT: Should have ordered yesterday so I could have it to stared at for the weekend; ordered one anyway

Obelisk79
02-10-2010, 12:05 AM
I'm a cheapskate but I also really want one, are any vendors selling this for less than what koolance already has it listed for? Hrmm, maybe koolance can give me a military discount! :)

nyeah
02-10-2010, 12:50 AM
ppc and sidewinder don't have it yet, and koolance doesn't provide usps shipment, only ups :(

Obelisk79
02-10-2010, 01:02 AM
ppc and sidewinder don't have it yet, and koolance doesn't provide usps shipment, only ups :(

yeah UPS shipping costs are killing me, I find Amazon's super-saver shipping is saving me a lot of money on shipping. It's a shame too, I miss shopping at the egg.

Bladesinger7x
02-10-2010, 03:30 AM
one more indication: the main difference between Heatkiller LC and LT is the missing jet plate (at LC) - and the LT is at least 2° better.

The main difference between Heatkiller LC and LT/Cu is in the number of channels in the base. LC has 34 channels while the LT
has 51 channels. LT jet plate adds very little to the performance of the block ...the best HK combo would be LT base and LC top.

I tested the silicone mod on my LC block and the 1 mm silicone gasket was compressed to 0.2 mm ...it would almost completely
clog the side channels and reduce the hight of center channels so I ended up not using it (was a little afraid that the compressed
silicone would tear and float around the loop until it would clog up something). With assembled LC block I could not insert a piece
of paper between the base and the top.

As for the Koolance CPU-360 blocks, wow ...looks very very good and should perform about the same as the current top blocks or
even better (hopes for better ... as a nudge to other players)

...I wonder what the performance would be if the whole inlet area would be replaced with pin array with remaining being fin array

p2501
02-10-2010, 04:32 AM
You gotta hand it to Koolance - this block just looks amazing! If it at least performs on par with a HK3 Cu it's my new block when I tear down my loop. Hopefully it'll work well with lapped CPUs.

Wang
02-10-2010, 06:06 AM
That's a Gorgeous block... looks like a built-in shuriken! :) hats off to Koolance... I'm stunned at how far they've come from their yellow acrylic topped block, and are challenging the World's Best blocks now. The quick disconnect line and pump tops are impressive as well.
"I can't believe it's a Koolance" shud be a new slogan.. :)

Koolance
02-12-2010, 05:03 PM
The installation manual for the CPU-360 has now been posted (http://www.koolance.com/water-cooling/product_info.php?product_id=978). Blank jet plates are on the way, initially in stainless steel. We are also trying other materials that will be easier to modify, like brass.

Tim

Raiden
02-12-2010, 05:53 PM
The installation manual for the CPU-360 has now been posted (http://www.koolance.com/water-cooling/product_info.php?product_id=978). Blank jet plates are on the way, initially in stainless steel. We are also trying other materials that will be easier to modify, like brass.

Tim

Tim i sended you a Pm but the answer was none:rofl::clap:
Portugal is a good growing market for watercooling i guess Koolance isnīt interested in it , you just lose for that:down:

It looks good but no review in my country , thatīs why Swiftech and Ek dominate it .

Conumdrum
02-12-2010, 08:31 PM
I know Koolance tested their block against the top dogs, common sense unless the marketers run the show. Otherwise they wouldn't of released this. They are smart to hold that info back, waiting for independant tests.

Nice to see them working at it. They are a big company, so being nimble is hard work dealing with the suits. A Dilbert thing.

We'll wait with baited breath.

INFRNL
02-12-2010, 11:13 PM
I'm a cheapskate but I also really want one, are any vendors selling this for less than what koolance already has it listed for? Hrmm, maybe koolance can give me a military discount! :)

I do not think you will find it for cheaper; If I recall when the cpu-350 came out the etailors sold it for the same price listed onn Koolance site and never went down until now.
If you are lucky, you may find it for $80 when stock is available. To me I would rather just pay the $5 and get it now, or get it direct.

Mine will be here on Monday...now time to get all my other parts figured out :rofl:. This will be my first time on H2o

Awaiting more help from Naekuh, or i guess advice. I have a general idea of what I want and need

Obelisk79
02-12-2010, 11:24 PM
I do not think you will find it for cheaper; If I recall when the cpu-350 came out the etailors sold it for the same price listed onn Koolance site and never went down until now.
If you are lucky, you may find it for $80 when stock is available. To me I would rather just pay the $5 and get it now, or get it direct.

Mine will be here on Monday...now time to get all my other parts figured out :rofl:. This will be my first time on H2o

Awaiting more help from Naekuh, or i guess advice. I have a general idea of what I want and need

I really had a feeling that would be the case. At the very least I'm going to contact customer service to see about shipping options, shipping anything to hawaii using anything other than USPS is silly expensive.

I pretty much have no clue wth I'm doing watercooling since I've always been an extreme air guy, but I guess thats half of the fun.

nyeah
02-13-2010, 03:41 AM
I really had a feeling that would be the case. At the very least I'm going to contact customer service to see about shipping options, shipping anything to hawaii using anything other than USPS is silly expensive.

I pretty much have no clue wth I'm doing watercooling since I've always been an extreme air guy, but I guess thats half of the fun.

let me know if they have other shipping method beside UPS

Stoner133
02-13-2010, 08:06 AM
UPS is the only avalible source for shipping with Koolance. It by far is the company's biggest flaw, lack of shipping options.

UlyssesCazuquel
02-13-2010, 02:50 PM
Tim,

Use this topic open to post pictures of high quality about products Koolance that are aesthetically beautiful

Please Could post picture of The MB-ASC3F water block in Formula III ASUS Crosshair motherboard with the CPU-360 (CPU)

Koolance
02-15-2010, 10:42 AM
Please Could post picture of The MB-ASC3F water block in Formula III ASUS Crosshair motherboard with the CPU-360 (CPU)

Sorry, we don't have that board here at our location currently. I will ask our other office if they have any mounted pics.

Koolance
02-15-2010, 10:43 AM
Manufacturing was faster than I expected on the brass jet plates. They're now in stock (http://www.koolance.com/water-cooling/product_info.php?product_id=979).

WaterFlex
02-16-2010, 12:36 PM
Skinnee, mate, where are the numbers ^^

WeeMaan
02-17-2010, 01:11 AM
Where are the REVIEWS?????

JaD
02-17-2010, 02:18 AM
Seriously, get a grip on yourself. It's not like Vapor is getting paid to review the equipment you drool at, testing throughly takes its time. Shouting at him is, simply put, disrespectful.

affiliate13
02-17-2010, 04:26 AM
If you want accurate well written and conclusive reviews then this takes time and they guys who do it well do it for free and do it when they can.
If you want them done quicker maybe develop a bullet proof testing methodology, buy a bench, several hundred $$$ of properly calibrated equipment and spend your own time doing it.
It cant hurt to have more qualified testers, i look forward to reading your results. :D

WeeMaan
02-17-2010, 05:13 AM
Seriously, get a grip on yourself. It's not like Vapor is getting paid to review the equipment you drool at, testing throughly takes its time. Shouting at him is, simply put, disrespectful.

If you want accurate well written and conclusive reviews then this takes time and they guys who do it well do it for free and do it when they can.
If you want them done quicker maybe develop a bullet proof testing methodology, buy a bench, several hundred $$$ of properly calibrated equipment and spend your own time doing it.
It cant hurt to have more qualified testers, i look forward to reading your results. :D

Wow, I should have put an appropriate smiley afterwards.
I didn't ment any disrespect against the reviewers, I do apprecieate their work very much. :up:

WaterFlex
02-17-2010, 07:30 AM
I didn`t ment any desrespect either, just looking forward to some numbers ^^

Vapor
02-17-2010, 08:21 AM
I'm looking forward to some of my numbers too if that means anything :p: At this time I have nothing to offer, unfortunately. Some of the unpublished dimensions have me very hopeful for this block though :)

Unfortunately test pace is slower than it was when I started this batch months ago. Supreme HF and CPU-360 will hopefully be done in the next 9 days, I'm pushing hard for that. :yepp:

Alexandr0s
02-17-2010, 08:52 AM
I'm very glad to hear that Vapor. Just don't rush anything. I'd have accurate results over fast delivery any day of the week :). Take your time and make sure those tests are accurate, so all of us CPU block horndogs will have some nice exact numbers to get our freak on ;).

p2501
02-18-2010, 12:00 AM
Vapor, are you testing with stock heatspreader, lapped or both?!

markpg28
02-20-2010, 07:52 AM
are you smoking crack?

I was preaching supreme b4 HK and Bitspower even showed up...

EK copied HK my ass... You mean the other way around.

(sorry the HK fanbase pisses me off... they try to bloat the block more then its worth..)

actually the HK 2 used it way before EK

ohms
02-22-2010, 02:33 PM
Well I just got my CPU-360 today and holy cow I have to say its HUGE. That is what it looks like with the AMD plate on it :) Just for size comparison it's sitting next to a Thermochill PA160.

http://www.thomasyu.im/new-wc-hardware1.jpg

space_pope
02-22-2010, 02:36 PM
Looks like the CPU-360 won't fit Gigabyte UD4P

http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115744

NaeKuh
02-22-2010, 03:06 PM
yeah problem was noted not that long ago.

If your board has the round capacitors that sit high, the block wont fit the cpu board.

JASSAF
02-22-2010, 03:26 PM
yeah problem was noted not that long ago.

If your board has the round capacitors that sit high, the block wont fit the cpu board.

NaeKuh, which is the largest diameter of the base?

NaeKuh
02-22-2010, 03:57 PM
i would need to take out my block to tell ya that.

:rofl:

Maybe vapor can answer it.. or something with the block.

I had no issues installing it on a classified.

JASSAF
02-22-2010, 04:15 PM
Guys, which is the largest diameter of the base? :confused2 :confused: :shrug:

Badfastbusa
02-22-2010, 05:16 PM
Looks very promising... Depending on repeatable results from everyone, I might be selling my heatkiller 3.0 for one of these... Dang that is a slick looking block!

soda480
02-22-2010, 08:28 PM
i got the block when it came out a few weeks ago, it replaced a cpu-350. i'm sorry i dont have any numbers to provide, but it appears to be less restrictive than my previous cpu block as the flowrate in the loop has defintely improved.

Vapor
02-23-2010, 12:49 PM
Looks like width is 59mm at the widest point. Going to be a tight fit for Gigabyte boards...

HK3.0's are 59mm as well, fwiw, so it should work if you put lateral pressure on the caps.

NaeKuh
02-23-2010, 01:09 PM
Then why does it not fit?

Im seeing it a lot now...

http://img.techpowerup.org/100221/IMG_0025.jpg

I got the block to work on my P6T... its the giggy boards that just wont fit...

JASSAF
02-23-2010, 01:22 PM
61mm :bsod: :nono: :wasntme:

EDIT: 60 mm .....P6T Deluxe

ohms
02-23-2010, 01:56 PM
I don't have exact data and such, but upgrading from my Alphacool NexXxoS Xē Highflow to the Koolance CPU-360 my temperature has dropped 3° celcius according to TMS-200 and with it I have finally hit 4 GHz on my C2 stepping which I wasn't able to do previously (I know it's not a huge feat, but for me it was to finally hit 4 GHz).

The probe was mounted the same exact way as my previous CPU block on the edge of the base plate using copper tape, except for the CPU-360 I used silver colored tape that came with it.

http://www.thomasyu.im/cpuz-validate.jpg

Sorry guys, I'd do a more thorough test if i knew how to do it :)

NaeKuh
02-23-2010, 02:31 PM
61mm :bsod: :nono: :wasntme:

EDIT: 60 mm .....P6T Deluxe

i got it to fit on my p6T-DLX V1.

The base is a hex.. not a circle also.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=101437&stc=1&d=1266881195

I think you guys are gonna just get a more square base.
That should fix the fitting problems you guys are running into, and i dont see any noticable effects on the block by squaring out the sides.

JASSAF
02-23-2010, 02:52 PM
NaeKuh, is correct.....the widest diameter is 59 mm

Koolance
02-23-2010, 03:18 PM
We are presently looking into the Gigabyte X58 issue. Some additional details on clearance have been posted at http://forums.koolance.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1380

Tim

nyeah
02-23-2010, 05:43 PM
if i know this beforehand, i wouldn't buy it :(
it suck to have gigabyte board.

Elloquin
02-23-2010, 06:19 PM
Sorry to go off topic but what's going on with the threads on the mounting screws in the linked post?

Vapor
02-24-2010, 08:17 AM
I think compatibility with Gigabyte will be somewhat variable....on my EX58-Extreme and EX58-UD5 the HK3.0s work just fine as long as I apply lateral pressure when mounting. Even the Apogee XT (60mm) rev.1 (the one without the bevel) worked with moderate lateral pressure, although the TIM imprint was imperfect/unbalanced (though it still outperformed the HK3.0, the rev.2 distanced itself further and is what is in my review).

I'm currently in the final phase of EK Supreme HF testing and won't be able to get to the CPU-360 testing this week, but I can do a dummy mount of the CPU-360 quickly tonight to verify it mounts fine on my board (considering the HK and Apogee XT did, I'm sure this one will too).

So yeah, probably variable on compatibility--not every board is totally identical and sometimes a few tenths of a millimeter can make all the difference in regards to fitting or not fitting.

Vinas
02-24-2010, 08:19 AM
Intel published the specification for clearance around the CPU socket. Either gigabyte or koolance isn't abiding by the spec, apparently. I have both the 1156 and 1366 socket schematics at home so maybe I'll look it up tonight (unless anyone beats me to it).

Vapor
02-24-2010, 08:27 AM
Neither are abiding actually.

If taken in a birds-eye view perspective, Koolance, HK, and Swiftech all break spec. When you include capacitor height, Gigabyte, ASUS, EVGA, etc all break spec. When you combine the two, that's when we see incompatibility.

Blocks overhanging the socket shouldn't be a big deal if the board manus use capacitors of spec height. Likewise, taller (better) capacitors shouldn't be a big deal if the block manus follow the "no fly zone" rules :)

Vinas
02-24-2010, 07:15 PM
Thanks for clearing that up. So I guess since everyone's doing it then it's okay! Looking forward to your testing Vapor, but take your time with it. I'm not in a hurry to buy another block ATM :rolleyes:

snoro
02-24-2010, 07:36 PM
even if i am about to buy a cpu block in a month maximun, take your time vapor, everyone will be happier with some accurate result than some quick test with not-so accurate results. The choice will be hard: swiftech xt, ek supreme hf, heatkiller 3.0 or koolance cp-360, damm way too much choice.

gabe
02-24-2010, 07:46 PM
Neither are abiding actually.

If taken in a birds-eye view perspective, Koolance, HK, and Swiftech all break spec. When you include capacitor height, Gigabyte, ASUS, EVGA, etc all break spec. When you combine the two, that's when we see incompatibility.

Blocks overhanging the socket shouldn't be a big deal if the board manus use capacitors of spec height. Likewise, taller (better) capacitors shouldn't be a big deal if the block manus follow the "no fly zone" rules :)

Technically speaking, I have to disagree here. The specs are in three dimensions, X, Y and Z. If you overhang in XY, but do comply with Z, you are not in violation of the specs. Conversely, Gigabyte is over the specs in Z -ever so slightly, but that's what's causing the problems with most blocks.

Vinas
02-25-2010, 05:09 AM
Good point Gabe. :up: There are also the min/max tolerances involved with the socket area too. I suppose this is the point of proper testing with as many products as possible before release.

Unfortunately, it seems that the Koolance folks may have missed testing w/ some of the more popular Gigabyte boards. To be totally honest I have run into problems with the Gigabyte mosfet and NB cooling solutions in the past, but that's a different issue all together. Maybe filing the Koolance block down .5mm or so would help. Not a good solution no, but it could be a potential workaround.:p:

Now a days when purchasing a new board, I look for the cleanest possible socket area. Even though the Intel "no fly zone" spec seems pretty generous, I can totally understand why some board and block manufacturers would be a little lenient in this area.

If Koolance changed the design to be a perfect 90 square, I wonder if it would alleviate the issue all together? Finally, could Koolance just offer a different coldplate for the gigabyte owners? In comparison, Swiftech sent me a free 1156 backplate for the apogee XT. Maybe Koolance could offer a free coldplate for giga board owners? Just have them send a digital photo or something... Of course some more unscrupulous customers may abuse this just to get another coldplate... :shrug:

I hope they get it sorted. IMHO they make a solid product and it's good to have choices in this hobby of ours (even though a lot of us buy up every new block anyway) :D

Vapor
02-25-2010, 09:18 AM
even if i am about to buy a cpu block in a month maximun, take your time vapor, everyone will be happier with some accurate result than some quick test with not-so accurate results. The choice will be hard: swiftech xt, ek supreme hf, heatkiller 3.0 or koolance cp-360, damm way too much choice.I can tell you between the Supreme HF and HK3.0 it's not a competition, Supreme HF is better in every aspect. Review up next week if all goes well (data will be done tomorrow though). Haven't tested the CPU-360 at all yet.

That said, I can confirm the CPU-360 fits perfectly fine on my EX58-Extreme and EX58-UD5. I did need to apply/ensure there was lateral pressure against the sides of the caps, but that's not a big deal considering the HK3.0 required it months ago.

Technically speaking, I have to disagree here. The specs are in three dimensions, X, Y and Z. If you overhang in XY, but do comply with Z, you are not in violation of the specs. Conversely, Gigabyte is over the specs in Z -ever so slightly, but that's what's causing the problems with most blocks.You are technically correct, the best kind of correct :)

Good point Gabe. :up: There are also the min/max tolerances involved with the socket area too. I suppose this is the point of proper testing with as many products as possible before release.

Unfortunately, it seems that the Koolance folks may have missed testing w/ some of the more popular Gigabyte boards. To be totally honest I have run into problems with the Gigabyte mosfet and NB cooling solutions in the past, but that's a different issue all together. Maybe filing the Koolance block down .5mm or so would help. Not a good solution no, but it could be a potential workaround.:p:

Now a days when purchasing a new board, I look for the cleanest possible socket area. Even though the Intel "no fly zone" spec seems pretty generous, I can totally understand why some board and block manufacturers would be a little lenient in this area.

If Koolance changed the design to be a perfect 90 square, I wonder if it would alleviate the issue all together? Finally, could Koolance just offer a different coldplate for the gigabyte owners? In comparison, Swiftech sent me a free 1156 backplate for the apogee XT. Maybe Koolance could offer a free coldplate for giga board owners? Just have them send a digital photo or something... Of course some more unscrupulous customers may abuse this just to get another coldplate... :shrug:

I hope they get it sorted. IMHO they make a solid product and it's good to have choices in this hobby of ours (even though a lot of us buy up every new block anyway) :DAn all-new coldplate won't work for the CPU-360....the bulging isn't an aesthetic choice, the top would need to be redesigned as well. The internal structure is circular-based (check the o-ring sealing the top and bottom) and the fastening structure is an overlaid square. (http://www.skinneelabs.com/assets/images/CPUBlocks/i7/Round2/CPU-360/KL-360_internals1.jpg)

Koolance
02-25-2010, 10:04 AM
We apologize to everyone being inconvenienced by this problem. Our staff is working quickly to have a proper solution on hand. Please be assured you will be taken care of.

The CPU-360 bottom plate will be diagonally beveled to provide clearance. Below is a picture of this on a Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5, now with plenty of space. (Please ignore the "#3", it's just an internal label for one of the samples we tested. The final product would of course be nickel plated.)

http://www.koolance.com/technical/products/cpu-360/cpu-360_bevel.jpg

This will be CPU-360 "Rev1.1", which we hope to have available in the next 7-10 days. For customers who have or anticipate a conflict, we will handle the issue at no charge through our RMA process (http://www.koolance.com/support/rma/). More details on that will be posted to our homepage early next week when we have the actual shipment schedule.

JASSAF
02-25-2010, 11:14 AM
We apologize to everyone being inconvenienced by this problem. Our staff is working quickly to have a proper solution on hand. Please be assured you will be taken care of.

The CPU-360 bottom plate will be diagonally beveled to provide clearance. Below is a picture of this on a Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5, now with plenty of space. (Please ignore the "#3", it's just an internal label for one of the samples we tested. The final product would of course be nickel plated.)

http://www.koolance.com/technical/products/cpu-360/cpu-360_bevel.jpg

This will be CPU-360 "Rev1.1", which we hope to have available in the next 7-10 days. For customers who have or anticipate a conflict, we will handle the issue at no charge through our RMA process (http://www.koolance.com/support/rma/). More details on that will be posted to our homepage early next week when we have the actual shipment schedule.

Diameter: 59mm

snoro
02-25-2010, 02:33 PM
I agree with ohms, you gotta give Koolance some rep for being able to take care of this problem quite fastly.

Boulard83
02-25-2010, 04:20 PM
+1 koolance for a quick fix.

PLUS seems to offer FREEEEEE rma !

MUGEN02
02-25-2010, 05:24 PM
Just installed the 360(replacing 345ac) on my ASUS P6T6 and had no problems doing it. My temps are 1C maybe 2C lower. I'm using MX-3 instead of OCZ freeze now and both were mounted exactly the same way, horizontal(outlet on the right side) and the distance from the top of the thumb screws to the mounting plate is 15.75mm(might try 15.50mm). My flow rate is 2.3LPM(pump-8) to 2.7LPM(pump-10) using a INS-FM17 with the 360 and don't know the numbers for the 345ac block. Looks like I need a 2nd pump for my single loop and the EK-DCP 4.0 looks perfect and quiet.

HondaGuy
02-25-2010, 06:39 PM
Looking at getting one of these WB....Now wondering if it would fit onto my Maximus III Formula....

Are there others out there able to use this WB on this mobo??
http://i50.tinypic.com/9thkrm.jpg

Thanks

nyeah
02-25-2010, 06:41 PM
i've requested the RMA but shipping back to koolance will be expensive for me, any other solution from koolance ?

MUGEN02
02-25-2010, 07:02 PM
Looking at getting one of these WB....Now wondering if it would fit onto my Maximus III Formula....

ThanksLooks like you have plenty of room(looked up pics online). Thats of course if the 1156 is the same size as a 1366 socket:shrug: If not then the new beveled plate should work.

JASSAF
02-26-2010, 04:22 AM

Thanks

no problem :up:

HondaGuy
02-27-2010, 11:18 AM
Thanks for the info, Got mine all hooked up..Just ran a cinebinch so far, at stock

http://i50.tinypic.com/2im9bhj.png

Koolance
03-02-2010, 04:54 PM
For customer updates to Rev1.1, please see here (http://www.koolance.com/technical/products/cpu-360/cpu-360_rev1.1_update.php). We are still expecting the new revision to arrive between Mar. 8-10.

Tim

Utnorris
03-02-2010, 05:26 PM
Those are some good temps Hondaguy, what's you ambient air temp?

[AK]Zip
03-02-2010, 07:16 PM
I am going to keep an eye out on this block for when I switch back over to water.

nyeah
03-03-2010, 03:54 AM
@Koolance : do i have to send back the block (rev1.0) for replacement?

Koolance
03-05-2010, 05:03 PM
Ok, CPU-360 Rev 1.1 are now in stock (http://www.koolance.com/water-cooling/product_info.php?product_id=978).

@Koolance : do i have to send back the block (rev1.0) for replacement?

Possibly, but we pay shipping both ways. Please see http://www.koolance.com/technical/products/cpu-360/cpu-360_rev1.1_update.php for details with the RMA link.

nyeah
03-05-2010, 05:37 PM
Possibly, but we pay shipping both ways. Please see http://www.koolance.com/technical/products/cpu-360/cpu-360_rev1.1_update.php for details with the RMA link.

ok, thanks for the link

JaD
03-09-2010, 09:15 AM
I'm currently in the final phase of EK Supreme HF testing and won't be able to get to the CPU-360 testing this week, but I can do a dummy mount of the CPU-360 quickly tonight to verify it mounts fine on my board (considering the HK and Apogee XT did, I'm sure this one will too).

Got any hints on the CPU-360's performance against the HF yet? :)

Vapor
03-09-2010, 10:58 AM
Got any hints on the CPU-360's performance against the HF yet? :)Eagerly anticipating the Rev1.1 base :)

I'd do some dummy tests with the 1.0, but with a Gigabyte, it might not be representative of final performance AND my base isn't bowed, which would lowball the results as well.

skinnee
03-09-2010, 01:30 PM
Eagerly anticipating the Rev1.1 base :)

Yeah, I know... I am the worlds worst person at shipping things out. :p:

HondaGuy
03-10-2010, 07:14 PM
Those are some good temps Hondaguy, what's you ambient air temp?

Just did another test here.. Right now temps are 23 in room...

http://i42.tinypic.com/esrrtg.png
http://i39.tinypic.com/2zdyavc.png

zeropluszero
03-12-2010, 05:47 AM
questions for the koolance rep.
how about getting these blocks in Australia for less than AU$150+?
why is koolance so unbelievably expensive here?
all other manufacturers are widely available and for reasonable prices.

MUGEN02
03-16-2010, 08:33 AM
Trubitar review, beats HK CU. Looks like the pressure drop chart has flow rate miss printed as GPH which should be GPM.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhWP7rF1uQs

Waterlogged
03-16-2010, 09:37 AM
Trubitar review, beats HK CU. Looks like the pressure drop chart has flow rate miss printed as GPH which should be GPM.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhWP7rF1uQs

I saw that last night and while his methods are improving, he still needs to learn a few things. 1. Do NOT use elbows during flow testing. 2. Make sure you compare current gen blocks against current gen blocks (K360 v original Supreme??? really?). Those were the 2 most obvious things that stuck out to me on the first watch. All in all, he's still an ABSOLUTELY PHENOMENAL tool.;)

NaeKuh
03-16-2010, 09:48 AM
lol... at least theres less bashing vs anandtech's 980 review.

LOL... everyone is yelling at anand for using the X58 SO.

Im doing some clean up over there, to ensure them that these chips arent limited @ 4.1ghz.

Waterlogged
03-16-2010, 10:07 AM
.... Looks like the pressure drop chart has flow rate miss printed as GPH which should be GPM....

Just watched it again and there is something seriously wrong with that entire graph, it's a complete wreck. :shakes: It looks as though the PSI side is supposed to actually be the GPM. :shrug:

For his thermal graphs, it looks like he borrowed nikhsub1's method of graphing. :D

scamps
03-16-2010, 11:04 AM
does anyone really believe in this review stating the 360 is 4-5K better than the Heatkiller 3 CU? 1K - maybe. 2 K - :cool:. More? :rolleyes: I prefer waiting for vapor or skinnee or anyone else to trust in.

NaeKuh
03-16-2010, 11:16 AM
does anyone really believe in this review stating the 360 is 4-5K better than the Heatkiller 3 CU? 1K - maybe. 2 K - :cool:. More? :rolleyes: I prefer waiting for vapor or skinnee or anyone else to trust in.

with better injectors possibly.

But i ran into a problem.

Laser + Brass = Not a good combo.

Tim... can u change them to SS? :X

Waterlogged
03-16-2010, 09:38 PM

It's easier for the DIY'er to whack away on brass with a Dremel (or other home tools) then SS. What about having your machinist use a waterjet or, *:shock2:* an end mill style machine?

Koolance
03-18-2010, 04:01 PM
questions for the koolance rep.
how about getting these blocks in Australia for less than AU$150+?

Until we have more stocking resellers in Australia, you can purchase from one of our U.S. dealers who offer USPS shipping. That should be cheaper.

Tim

Koolance
03-18-2010, 04:05 PM

Oh, sure, just when we get brass so people can easily modify them, you come along with your fancy laser :). Please send me an email or PM and I'll see what I can find.

Tim

iandh
03-19-2010, 07:33 AM
Yeah, I know... I am the worlds worst person at shipping things out. :p:

Um no, that would be me.

You are the worlds second worst. :p:

Eewwwww, I don't even want to think about some poor guy trying to dremel stainless... agreed though, brass is the suck for laser.

Waterjet should be just fine though.

NaeKuh
03-19-2010, 09:12 AM
oh bei can u waterjet it out then?

If so you'll get the plates mailed out to you first thing next week.

Ive been pooling ideas from friends, so we got a few good ideas getting plotted up.

I just dont get how someone would take a drill to a brass plate and start drilling it.

You couldnt get a uniform jet out of it. At best your gonna mirror cathar's impingement design on his storm with a series of holes to simulate jets.

:\

JASSAF
03-19-2010, 11:22 AM
It's easier for the DIY'er to whack away on brass with a Dremel (or other home tools) then SS. What about having your machinist use a waterjet or, *:shock2:* an end mill style machine?

oh bei can u waterjet it out then?

If so you'll get the plates mailed out to you first thing next week.

Ive been pooling ideas from friends, so we got a few good ideas getting plotted up.

I just dont get how someone would take a drill to a brass plate and start drilling it.

You couldnt get a uniform jet out of it. At best your gonna mirror cathar's impingement design on his storm with a series of holes to simulate jets.

:\

the design of catharīs is quite different...i belive they are refering to the jets desing: :rofl: ( http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=243003 )
Both of you are the ones with the "best ideas" of the forum, you should know that with microholes the world cant be fixed....tho something may improve :up: ( i hope that VAPOR does not get mad at me) :shrug:

Bei Fei
03-19-2010, 11:33 AM
I will make some stainless ones with the laser and also cut your brass ones on the water jet.

Waterlogged
03-19-2010, 09:20 PM
I will make some stainless ones with the laser and also cut your brass ones on the water jet.

Bei, please throw the SS ones hard enough to bounce off his forehand, might knock some sense into him. :rofl:

zeropluszero
03-20-2010, 07:56 AM
Until we have more stocking resellers in Australia, you can purchase from one of our U.S. dealers who offer USPS shipping. That should be cheaper.
Tim
I've contacted several Australian retailers regarding this, they don't want to stock Koolance because the pricing on the parts leaves a lot to be desired.
you have great products, in particular the Quick Disconnects, its a shame the pricing forces me not to want to order the parts.

NaeKuh
03-20-2010, 10:37 AM
Bei, please throw the SS ones hard enough to bounce off his forehand, might knock some sense into him. :rofl:

:O bei is not a ninja!

he's a dark knight.

MUGEN02
03-23-2010, 07:08 AM
I installed the EK pump and I"m getting 1GPM now and I also remounted the 360 block with more MX-3. The pc was fully warmed up before I tested it then I ran fans/pumps at high for about 5-10 minutes before the test.
All fans at full speed_EK pump at 12v_pmp 450 at 9_room temp 22C/72F_i7 965 at 3.875 with 1.275 Vcore_realtemp warm up test with prime95

idle before test 37C
load 63C
Idle after test 38C

345ac temp before I got the 360 and extra pump in a 70-73f room.
idle 37C
Load 66C

The 3C difference isn't all thanks to the CPU-360 but also to the MX-3(345ac had ocz freeze) and the extra pump for better flow rate.

Bei Fei
03-25-2010, 07:12 PM
Plates are in house! (thx Koolance) Cutting begins tomorrow

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o105/Mazar_2006/koolance/IMGP0462.jpg

Bei Fei
04-01-2010, 06:24 AM
Teaser!

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o105/Mazar_2006/koolance/DSC01797-2.jpg

Elloquin
04-01-2010, 06:28 AM
:up:Sweet! I look forward to the testing of the various different cutout styles.

sniperbob
04-01-2010, 09:46 AM
Bei, did you cut one out murdermod Serpentine-style?? lol

http://www.murdermod.com/components/com_virtuemart/show_image_in_imgtag.php?filename=serpentine___ple _48dade62a9eb0.jpg&newxsize=75&newysize=75&fileout=

Church
04-01-2010, 09:47 AM
You can also experiment with different forms of cutouts .. eg. one big round, or two smaller, or one ellyptical ..

NaeKuh
04-01-2010, 12:07 PM
OK guys....

We can offically kiss vapor goodbye for a while.. because he will be testing all that and probably will disappear until its done!

:rofl:

10 injectors so far, and he does about 5 mounts each, = 50 mounts total... Eric... thats a LOT of MX-2

skinnee
04-01-2010, 12:12 PM
I'm sure some will be eliminated after the first mount and performance is abysmal.

NaeKuh
04-01-2010, 12:13 PM
im sure he will still do at least 2 mounts to test for mismounts tho.

Church
04-01-2010, 01:05 PM
NaeKuh: and Vapor will need to test those plates with different TIMs aswell .. eg. ones with cure time of 48+ hours :D

zeropluszero
04-10-2010, 08:21 AM
Can anyone confirm that the 360 fits 2 bitspower 3/4" compressions without 45 degree adapters? I know Tim said the koolance ones fit but would like some confirmation that the bitspower fittings fit. Also, eagerly awaiting the skinnee review.

bundymania
04-10-2010, 08:27 AM
Yes, it fits !

sargatanas
04-10-2010, 12:46 PM
mine arrived yesterday incl the htpx tray for my tower :)
and yea bitspower fit but it's quite close ^^
http://alexiel.stor.li/koolance1.jpg
and rly nice mirror finish :O
http://alexiel.stor.li/koolance2.jpg
gonna test it tomorrow :)

pokazene_maslo
04-11-2010, 04:54 AM
Could you please add heat plate like this:
Thanks.

MUGEN02
08-04-2010, 03:10 PM
New for Rev 1.2
http://www.koolance.com/water-cooling/images/more/cpu-360_p4.jpg
http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/images/koolance/cpu-360_05.jpg

Church
08-04-2010, 11:41 PM
Even more interesting, how it impact temps/flow.
EDIT
Hmm, Koolance even added today blank jetplates (http://www.koolance.com/water-cooling/product_info.php?product_id=1070) for sale. Marked as for rev 1.2. I wonder if they fit 1.1 too.

MUGEN02
08-05-2010, 06:11 AM
Even more interesting, how it impact temps/flow.
EDIT
Hmm, Koolance even added today blank jetplates (http://www.koolance.com/water-cooling/product_info.php?product_id=1070) for sale. Marked as for rev 1.2. I wonder if they fit 1.1 too.Nope, they are smaller and look to have the same slot in them and they no longer work on rev 1.0-.1.1.