PDA

View Full Version : Keyboard and Mouse for PS3 games?

FoliuS
02-02-2010, 12:52 PM
Ok... I am curious as if anyone has hooked a USB Keyboard and Mouse to the PS3 to play certain games...

Now before you attack me for asking about PC hardware on a PS3... I am one strong advocate of FPS games being far superior on a PC than on consoles. The exact control of your player's movement, aiming, and abilities on a keyboard/mouse combo far outweigh that of a controller played couterpart.

Now games like AC2, RPGs (FinalFantasies), and things I love using controller for because they play better than on a keyboard/mouse. Trust me, I tried AC for the PC and I hated it. So I dont completely think one way or the other, I just want the ability to decide what control hardware I use for which games...

I ask this because I want to play MAG so badly, but I despise the use of a controller to play. Is there is a way to trick the game into using a keyboard/mouse instead of a controller? Anyone even tried this?

Any info appreciated :up:

zanzabar
02-02-2010, 02:00 PM
the ps3 will work with most usb keyboards and mice and most blue tooth ones also, but its unfair for people with controllers in FPS and the only game that i know of that has support was killzone2 and it was promptly removed as controller users cant compete against a mouse and keyboard. it might be changed eventually but i doubt it, it dose work on the xmb, linux and internet browser though.

did u play mag during the beta its not as cool as it sounds its not really 256 or 255 players its split into territories of 8v8, and in populated servers with 64+ u just spend time waiting to spawn or for the other team to beable to spawn were u are

FoliuS
02-02-2010, 02:57 PM
No I didnt play the beta... that sounds sad really... I heard it started out 8v8 then once you level'd up you got access to the larger player games all the way up to the 128v128.

zanzabar
02-02-2010, 03:19 PM
it is 128v128 or 127v127 as the commanders dont really play but its split up so its like risk and u can only fight on the borders but u need people in the other spots so u just have small battles. if u wanted 256 player bf2 then its not that. i would stick with bc2 on the pc it seams from the beta like the best multilayer shooter in the last 2 or 3 years it is a little better than COD4 if the other maps are as good as the 1 on the pc beta and 2 on the ps3