PDA

View Full Version : Sony XBR9 40" or 46" for ps3?

Greenfox
01-31-2010, 08:02 PM
I would like to read your opinion about topic :) does bigger sizes (above 40"+) makes gaming better in consoles?

STEvil
01-31-2010, 09:21 PM
Sometimes. Make sure you can test the panel out for latency because some are simply unplayable.

Sony uses Samsung panels.

Frag Maniac
02-01-2010, 01:46 AM
Sony and Panasonic have the lowest input lag. Size depends on how far you'll be viewing from. There's a LOT more to a TV than it's LCD screen. Samsungs have WAY more input lag than Sony and their colors are over saturated and unnatural by comparison.

zanzabar
02-01-2010, 03:26 AM
why not get a plasma if ur going 40+ then there is no reason to since they have better colors with real blacks and there isnt the burn in problem any more

STEvil
02-01-2010, 05:38 PM
Because plasma is no good for anything but movies or console gaming.. as long as you dont fall asleep on a menu screen.

Frag - What do the Toshiba Regza's measure against the Sony and Panasonic? I have a 46" Regza and compared to 46" versions of the Sony and Panasonics and only the Sony was playable in Game mode. The Panasonic had horrible "blurred" grass and poor moire so it was a toss-out right off the bat.

zanzabar
02-01-2010, 06:10 PM
Because plasma is no good for anything but movies or console gaming.. as long as you dont fall asleep on a menu screen.

Frag - What do the Toshiba Regza's measure against the Sony and Panasonic? I have a 46" Regza and compared to 46" versions of the Sony and Panasonics and only the Sony was playable in Game mode. The Panasonic had horrible "blurred" grass and poor moire so it was a toss-out right off the bat.

so plasma is no good except for what he wants to do and if he has a proper console like a ps3 it will use a screen saver if dont hit anything in game or on the xmb or a movie is on the menu for the set time. and burn in takes 20+ hours now

Frag Maniac
02-01-2010, 08:03 PM
Frag - What do the Toshiba Regza's measure against the Sony and Panasonic? I have a 46" Regza and compared to 46" versions of the Sony and Panasonics and only the Sony was playable in Game mode. The Panasonic had horrible "blurred" grass and poor moire so it was a toss-out right off the bat.To be honest I'm not sure on the Regza input lag measurements. I've looked at all 3 though and I think Sony's picture quality is best followed by Panasonic, so I never bothered researching the Toshiba input lag. Most info I've read says the Sony and Panny are the lowest though. Some like the Regzas too, but it depends a lot on what you use it for, what you're used to, and what your preferences are.

I fear I may be riding the bubble on availability of the Sony set I'm considering, as it's reaching the end of it's model cycle and some have already deactivated it. Since I won't be ready to build my new rig until Nvidia releases their DX11 GPUs though, I'm using the time to make sure a better alternative won't pop up between now and then.

That being said, there's times I really wish I had the 32XBR9 now, considering the set I currently have. I'm not convinced I want a TV for a do everything display though.