PDA

View Full Version : Question on cable tv for school setup.

ingeborgdot
01-26-2010, 01:23 PM
The only problem is the speaker setup that they have. The cable company set up the Channel 12 this way. It runs into a back room. There is a black box that has fiber hooked up that is running out. Running into is the video from the computer and then the speaker wire that they have used. It was a 4 wire r,b,w,g color set. They have hooked up the red and black to a green connector and left the w/g off. The problem is that if I hook up the r/b it muffles the sound badly. I have used all types of scenarios including the last one I am trying which is a stereo amp which helps the overall quality but does not help when both r/b are both connected to the amp. Only when the red is off and the black is on does it sound right or if the black is off and the red is on for the same effect. The problem is that this is only one speaker running now. Some tvs still have both speakers working where others have only the left because as I said only one of the wires can be connected. Is anyone familiar with this type of setup.