PDA

View Full Version : 45 degree rotaries with heatkiller

yiannit
01-23-2010, 08:09 PM
ok my friend put one rotary on but we cant put the other on, spinning the base of the fitting to screw into the block is too hard, right now we put a regular one but i need to put another 45, how can we go about doing this?

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e261/yiannit/waterblock.jpg

also when tightening fittings how tight should they be?

skinnee
01-23-2010, 08:55 PM
Are the rotaries too close or turning the base to tighten it is too hard?

Conumdrum
01-23-2010, 09:31 PM
Your fittings are pure male on the end without the knurled rotating part? Hard to see in the pic. This link to a different fitting allows you to hold the angle of the fitting but still turn the threads into the block.

http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=59_346_393_611_626&products_id=25668

Hope that helps

I tighten them with small pliers/quality needlenose. Easy to scratch the knurled plating, don't let the pliers slip. Tighten by hand and then another 1/4 to 1/2 turn with a tool. For a CPU block it's probably best to mount them on the block with it off the mobo. Pretty hard to easily get on the knurled part when on the mobo.

India48
01-24-2010, 03:14 AM
Your going to have a difficult time trying to place another one of those Bitspower 45 degree fittings on the HK. The main reason is, they don't seem to be rotaries. The opposite side of the fittings to what the tubing connects to, doesn't have a "grip" nor does it rotate. Therefore, I think that you won't be able to fit the 2nd 45 degree fitting on, because as you turn it to thread it in, its going to collide with the other 45 degree fitting. The method Conumdrum mentioned is the correct way, however, you need rotary 45 degree fittings. With a rotary, you can turn in the fitting, until it collides with the adjacent fitting, then hold the "grip" at the bottom of the fitting with one hand, and the compressing ring with another, and rotate the top part of the fitting back around, and then repeat the process. With that method, you can definately secure 2 45 degree fittings, but they must be rotaries. I don't know if BP produce rotary 45 degree fittings, I know that TFC do, because they are the fittings I use on my HK and they are fine. Alternatively, you could try using 2 normal 3/8 ID compression fittings, you might have thinner ID tubing for part of your loop, but it would work. But other than that, your after rotary 45's.

yiannit
01-24-2010, 05:40 AM
Your fittings are pure male on the end without the knurled rotating part? Hard to see in the pic. This link to a different fitting allows you to hold the angle of the fitting but still turn the threads into the block.

http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=59_346_393_611_626&products_id=25668

Hope that helps

I tighten them with small pliers/quality needlenose. Easy to scratch the knurled plating, don't let the pliers slip. Tighten by hand and then another 1/4 to 1/2 turn with a tool. For a CPU block it's probably best to mount them on the block with it off the mobo. Pretty hard to easily get on the knurled part when on the mobo.

those are the fittings i have, except 3/8 5/8, the base is just too hard to turn by hand

India48
01-24-2010, 12:00 PM
Ok they are rotaries. Well the good news is that you should be able to place 2 45's on then.

I think your going to have to do what Conumdrum suggested, and use some pliers. BP rotaries can be very stubborn at times, some rotate relatively well, others are really still. So your probably going to have to get in there with pliers on the second fitting. Perhaps try rotating the seconding fitting back and forth a few times before you place it on the block to loosen up the rotary part a bit.

century child
01-24-2010, 12:26 PM
^^What he said. Turn them around about 2 full turns in both directions and they should be a bit easier to turn after that. It's actually a good thing that they are so tight. It's when they get sloppy that they start leaking.

shazza
01-24-2010, 12:28 PM
I'm still confused. Can you give us the part number of the fittings you are using?

Do the threads of the rotary screw into the HK okay? If not, I'd use a regular barb first, just to make sure there's nothing wrong with the threads.

Or, is the issue that the rotary part of the fitting doesn't turn? Have you tried working it back and forth before attaching it to the HK?

(sorry if I'm way off base here, just not quite understanding the issue).

Wolf132
01-24-2010, 04:36 PM
This is what they are spose to look like.

Kanzy
01-24-2010, 07:57 PM
You have to put both of them on at same time and try to twist one out of the way and tight them bit by bit, that's how I did it, use the rotate part on the fitting itself too.

eth0s
01-24-2010, 09:42 PM
I connected two rotary 45's to the HK 3.0 using one regular rotary 45, and one rotary 45 on top of one of these anti-twist adapters: http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/bishsig14ana.html. I was using it to get some extra height to cross over a Corsair Dominator Fan box, but it will work for you too.

yiannit
01-25-2010, 05:53 PM
I'm still confused. Can you give us the part number of the fittings you are using?

Do the threads of the rotary screw into the HK okay? If not, I'd use a regular barb first, just to make sure there's nothing wrong with the threads.

Or, is the issue that the rotary part of the fitting doesn't turn? Have you tried working it back and forth before attaching it to the HK?

(sorry if I'm way off base here, just not quite understanding the issue).

heres the model BP-BS45R2CPF-CC3 the rotary part turns its just hard to turn the base to screw it in, we'll try to the suggestions people posted

dejanh
01-25-2010, 07:48 PM
heres the model BP-BS45R2CPF-CC3 the rotary part turns its just hard to turn the base to screw it in, we'll try to the suggestions people posted

Get a pair of pliers that form an oval opening in the middle when clamped down (ESL, I have no idea how they are called), then put a rubber band on the fitting, grip, then twist while holding the block so only the rotary turns. It is very easy and works every time + prevents damage to the fitting *and* you can screw the fitting in nice and tight.

You want to tighten to the point that freely rotating the rotary part causes no movement of the actual base of the rotary. Make sure you do not crush the o-ring.