PDA

View Full Version : Feser Radiator Warrenty

RedFang300
01-23-2010, 06:26 AM
So I just picked up a new Feser TFC 360 Radiator for Project Gause, which needs updates but I havn't finished sleeving :(. It claims that if you use Distilled Water, as well as other "waters" that do not have proper corrosion preventive then the warrenty is void.

Now in my liquid cooling system, I am using two of the new Koolance Copper Radiators and distilled water. I have not seen any issued, but as far as I know my radiators didn't come with a piece of paper stating this fact.

Now Project Gause is for someone who just wants a gaming computer and gave me an excuse to liquid cool it. I don't mind useing the fluids the warrenty calls for as long as they stay available for the user after I move away. That's mostly why I use Distilled Water because at least in America it's abundant at every grocery store. Also I don't want to use anything with dyes in it, I don't want the system crapping out from clogs, so perhaps a dyless solution that still adheres to the warranty would be nice.

PiLsY
01-23-2010, 07:00 AM
You should get a bottle of Feser Base anti corrosive with the rad, totally colourless, does about 5 treatments per bottle.

bentleya
01-23-2010, 07:37 AM
You should get a bottle of Feser Base anti corrosive with the rad, totally colourless, does about 5 treatments per bottle.

Nope, Only quads and monsta rads get bonus free stuff.

TFC advice people to wash out the rads with distilled water first. And so far i have never herd of any radiator breaking due to using distilled water.

And TBH is a cheap tactic to make you buy they coolant. Your'll be fine with Distilled, just remember you need either some kill coils (or Anything pure sliver) or PT Nuke.

sprayingmango
01-23-2010, 09:32 AM
I've been using two TFC X-Changer 360's in my build, they are fantastic! I'm using Feser One fluid, the best out there.

warriorpoet
01-23-2010, 09:55 AM
I've been using two TFC X-Changer 360's in my build, they are fantastic! I'm using Feser One fluid, the best out there.
Um. Wow.

faboyism is one thing, but given the amount of issues users have had here with F1, I'd temper my enthusiasm a touch ;)

PiLsY
01-23-2010, 10:24 AM
Nope, Only quads and monsta rads get bonus free stuff.

TFC advice people to wash out the rads with distilled water first. And so far i have never herd of any radiator breaking due to using distilled water.

That's a bit cheap considering the price you pay for Feser rads and what it must cost them to make the base additive.

Cheers for correcting me tho dude:up:.

And Feser One? I think not.:shocked:

Waterlogged
01-23-2010, 10:41 AM
So I just picked up a new Feser TFC 360 Radiator for Project Gause, which needs updates but I havn't finished sleeving :(. It claims that if you use Distilled Water, as well as other "waters" that do not have proper corrosion preventive then the warrenty is void.

Now in my liquid cooling system, I am using two of the new Koolance Copper Radiators and distilled water. I have not seen any issued, but as far as I know my radiators didn't come with a piece of paper stating this fact.

Now Project Gause is for someone who just wants a gaming computer and gave me an excuse to liquid cool it. I don't mind useing the fluids the warrenty calls for as long as they stay available for the user after I move away. That's mostly why I use Distilled Water because at least in America it's abundant at every grocery store. Also I don't want to use anything with dyes in it, I don't want the system crapping out from clogs, so perhaps a dyless solution that still adheres to the warranty would be nice.

Don't believe it for a second. It's nothing more than a scare tactic to scare you into buying that crap fluid of theirs.

Good grief. . .:shakes::rolleyes:

warriorpoet
01-23-2010, 11:50 AM
Good grief. . .:shakes::rolleyes:You should see his slobbering over Triebewerks (sp?)

Waterlogged
01-23-2010, 12:16 PM
You should see his slobbering over Triebewerks (sp?)

I think I have. :rolleyes:

NaeKuh
01-23-2010, 01:47 PM
i think that rule only applies if u have corrosion damage.

lets say a solder gave out and the rad started leaking at a solder joint, i dont think TFC will void your warrenty if you ran a completely copper loop, and corrosion didnt have any play in it.

But lets say u were running innovotek block which is alu, and that rad, and you had a electrical current (disclaimer so vapor doesnt kick my butt on this statement).
Then you got galvanic corrosion, and you have alu clunks in your rad and clog it.

They will not replace this, because... well you should of used an anti corrosion agent.

Conumdrum
01-23-2010, 09:42 PM

Sure, guess you been watercooling for 5-6 years and know it all. Thats nice.