PDA

View Full Version : ps3 questions

the_mistah
01-22-2010, 12:21 PM
i recently bought a wireless router it worked fine for a week then all of a sudden it stopped....the only way it works is if i disable WEP ....weird thing is that it finds the router when i scan it buty even though i enter the right password it wont connect...says its a wrong password.....same thing on the nintendo ds any suggestions?? its a ENCORE ENHWI-N2

zanzabar
01-22-2010, 12:38 PM
1st set the router to wireless G mode. then set it to wpa1 encryption with shared or mixed authentication. that should get them to work. u also dont need a password with your original settings with wep disabled as the password would be making it send encrypted packets to the router that dosnt have encryption.

if that dosnt work get a real router and not one for toys r us, and never use wep its crackable in about 2m and its slower than wpa (wpa isnt perfect but its better)

Lestat
01-22-2010, 07:58 PM
if it worked with wep but now it doesnt, what about other things,,, like your laptop or ipod touch or something else wireless.
thats a real piece of poop router and it wouldnt surprise me at all if its broke but since you used WEP you have a good chance that someone cracked it and changed your WEP key.

stop using wep, enable WPA2 (its supposedly a Draft 2 802.11n router so it has WAP2 as thats the only thing that allows 802.11n to work) and use TKIP+AES
its not a real 802.11n router as it only has 2 antennas and as such is only capable of 150mbps.
"real", as i call them, routers use 3 antennas which allow them the full 300mbps.

the_mistah
01-23-2010, 02:27 PM
i got this router because it had better reviews than name brand routers but thanks anyways i fixed my problem...

zanzabar
01-23-2010, 09:54 PM
i got this router because it had better reviews than name brand routers but thanks anyways i fixed my problem...

thats why said that the others didnt work, there are many of the cheaper routers that have compatibility problems. good to hear that u fixed it though