PDA

View Full Version : Calling Swiftech MCW60 Owners!! What barbs can be used?

Onoff312
01-21-2010, 01:05 AM
I have been using the mcw60 on another gpu for quite some time but thought it was time to cool up my other card.

So i purchased a block and threw out the standard fittings only to find that all my other fittings seemed to leak with this block and the standard fittings from my other block sealed up fine.
So i emailed Gabe and he told me swiftechs chrome plated barbs that you get with the apogee XT should work but im not 100% sure if they will considering O-Ring size.
So im calling all MCw60 owners what barbs are you using and do you have any leaks with certain barbs?

andressergio
01-21-2010, 01:34 AM
I have been using the mcw60 on another gpu for quite some time but thought it was time to cool up my other card.

So i purchased a block and threw out the standard fittings only to find that all my other fittings seemed to leak with this block and the standard fittings from my other block sealed up fine.
So i emailed Gabe and he told me swiftechs chrome plated barbs that you get with the apogee XT should work but im not 100% sure if they will considering O-Ring size.
So im calling all MCw60 owners what barbs are you using and do you have any leaks with certain barbs?

sup mate i had 2 MCW60 and replaced the plastic ones with:

DTek High Flow
http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/dthiflfi1bst.html

FB (Fat Boy) G 1/4 Fittings
http://www.dangerden.com/store/fb-fat-boy-g-1-4-fittings.html

No issues no leaks used orings that came with them...

Cheers :up:
Sergio

rehpyc
01-21-2010, 01:38 AM
EK high flow fitting in one slot, and a Bitspower 90deg rotary in the other with an adapter.

I have 2 D-Tek high flow barbs in my MCW30, so those shouldn't be an issue either.

Onoff312
01-21-2010, 04:31 AM
Thanks for the help guys weird thing is i was using EK fittings i wil try track down some of the fatboys or tighten or something my EK's hope this works.

Philwong
01-21-2010, 05:28 AM
No problem with other brands of metal barbs as well.

Phil

exe163
01-21-2010, 05:48 AM
Anyone know whether or not BP 90 degrees (45 +45 one) fittings fit the bill?

Onoff312
01-21-2010, 07:12 AM
Gah that is so weird i will have to do some serious testing on my barbs today to work out what the deal is!!!
And has anyone got a good fitting or something to connect these when they are tightly packed in sli my tubing is on the verge of a big kink here.

Edit: just tested the same fittings with two o rings on each and so far they are holding steady in my bathroom based tests by closing one opening of the tubing and blowing on the other which i think would be a simiar if not higher pressure to a loop so far so good trying it on the rig tommorow

voigts
01-21-2010, 11:21 AM
I didn't like the way that my Bitspower barbs don't seat well in my MCW60, so I got two of the Bitspower 1/4"NPSM to G1/4" adapters- http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/bi14nptog14s.html . Swiftech uses 1/4"NPSM, which is just slightly different than the G1/4" in the number of threads per inch. Everything seals tightly using these with no extra o-rings. I didn't need these adapters on my Swiftech rads or CPU block however. I just used thicker o-rings on them than the ones the Bitspower barbs come with.

Waterlogged
01-22-2010, 12:05 AM
Some ppl have also reported success by swapping the Swiftech o-rings for the originals. I personally have had success in doubling up on o-rings with the Legris/John Guest quick-fit fittings I use.

Onoff312
01-22-2010, 04:42 AM
Doubled up my orings and it is now running smoothly thanks for everyone's help!

kInOzAwA
01-27-2010, 11:33 PM
I'm using a compression fitting and 45 degree. while using a compression fitting on the mcw60, i take out both the o-ring from the original plastic barb to replace the one from my compression fittings. it works charm now and no leaks at all ;)