PDA

View Full Version : Did my E7200 Die Overnight?

lilmanmgf
01-20-2010, 05:15 AM
So specs are:
DK P35-T2RS
E7200 @ 3.8ghz 1.31v
6GB DDR2800
XFX 5850

I have been running this chip at 3.8 since I first got it with no problems. Last night I gamed for about two hours and went to bed. Well this morning I turned on my computer to check some things before I went to work. When I came back from brushing my teeth my monitor's light was blinking, and the screen was black like when a failed OC happens. I reset the cmos and this time I got a post, but it said Failed OC. After returning everything to stock settings I continued to get the black screen and blinking light. I currently do not have a speaker, so I do not know any of the sound codes. Does it sound like a dead CPU?

viccan
01-20-2010, 05:20 AM
could be, but could be the ram too.. Id switch the ram modules, I have had a simular prob with my system and I switch the slots the ram sat in and it came right on...
But then again could be the CPU, there no guarantees to what we do here.... Its extreme and sometimes so is the price... I hope not cause I've blown a couple CPUs and would wish that on no one... Try swappin the modules and good luck

Leeghoofd
01-20-2010, 11:36 AM
yep prolly more ram dimm that went bad, try to boot with one dimm and test properly with Memtest

zalbard
01-20-2010, 11:47 AM
CPUs are usually very hard to kill, especially with non-xtreme voltage... Gotta be something else.

Falkentyne
01-21-2010, 03:51 PM
You have a bigger chance of being struck by lightning than a CPU dying at that voltage, due to any sort of CPU fault itself. (note that motherboards burning out CPU's due to extreme voltage spikes is a completely different story). Unless you had a damaging power surge, it's probably RAM, something blown on the motherboard, or even (although not that common) a PSU or video card issue.