PDA

View Full Version : Does This Merit an RMA??

jedihobbit
01-18-2010, 09:15 PM
Mobo: Abit NF-M2 nView
CPU: AMD Opteron 1210
Mem: F2-6400PHU2-2GBHZ
Problem: 1 Stick Fails MemTest

Have a set of F2-6400PHU2-2GBHZ that is my favorite 800s when it comes to overclocking as I don’t really have to do much and use vdmm of 2.1 and with good cooling maybe 2.2.

At any rate I pulled an Abit NFM2-nView and Opty 1210 out of mothballs to play with one more time before selling them. Did some “mild” oc’ing using the above memory with max vdmm at 2.1v. I noticed I couldn’t get to the levels I had in the past, and after a morning session I noticed I was going “backwards”. I would get HPi & Prime failures at less than half of the FSB settings from the morning session regardless of vCore.

Decided to run memtest for S & Gs and right off the bat I was getting errors from one stick and after 133 errors in less than 5 – 10 minutes I stopped the test. The other stick didn’t have a hiccup and I let it run for over an hour. As a matter of fact I’m able to oc at a lower vCore with just the single stick!

So anyway I don’t have my “proof of purchase” anymore but was wondering if it falls under the lifetime warranty?

GSKILL TECH
01-22-2010, 10:17 AM
Not a problem, simply visit our website at http://www.gskill.com/rma.php for complete RMA procedures.

Thank you
GSKILL TECH

jedihobbit
01-28-2010, 01:22 PM
Just dropped in the mail (priority) going East Coast to West Coast :( ,
but if it is anything like last time I had to send some stuff I emailed G. Skill the following week to see if they got them and went out to the mail and had the "new stuff"! :shocked: :up:

GSKILL TECH
01-28-2010, 01:51 PM
It sucks not to have a computer these days... so we're just trying to make it as painless as possible. ;)

jedihobbit
02-06-2010, 11:30 AM
:woot: :bounces: :woot:

G. Skill does it again!!! :clap: Came home last night and a set of band spanking new memory awaited me. :up: