PDA

View Full Version : Cuda + More then one GTX 295 = FAIL

RottenMutt
01-16-2010, 08:26 AM
Vista or Win7
Link to nVidia forums thread (http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=101930&view=findpost&p=980455)

I just want to reiterate what most of you know. If you build a rig with more then two GTX 295 cards, don't expect the cuda processors to be available with SLI off and if you do get all (SLI on) it will "thrash" the the system (slow computing, nvidia driver restarts, blue screens).

The link above includes statements from nVidia where they don't support cuda for more then one gpu for desktop video cards.

Strafe
01-16-2010, 09:29 AM
I've got to think that's their standard disclaimer. Tesla is for business, GeForce is for consumers. It's the same line Microsoft will throw at you when you run Linux on Virtual PC. It's not supported but it'll work. Just don't come to us with your problems.

lowfat
01-16-2010, 10:02 AM
You can use F@H which uses CUDA w/ more than 2 GTX295's perfectly fine. I know people w/ 4 of them that work great.

RottenMutt
01-19-2010, 06:53 AM
RottenMutt' date='Dec 20 2009, 05:12 PM' post='968041'
I uploaded my dump file when running Bonic with sli enabled, yes bsod.

I also uploaded the requested registry export.

Please link me to your Bonic Seti@home computer so i can verify it is working as you say... third request...

thanks for your help so far.

RottenMutt date='Jan 18 2010, 10:45 AM' post='983497'
I would bet that telsa has the same problems in vista and win7, I don't have the hardware to make the statement definitive. So, Nvidia, please send me four tesla cards to test. Fat chance, or should I say, as good of a chance as tesla has in vista or win7.
nvidia says it works on Linux, and I believe them. It works in XP, but not in vista or Win7. Nvidia just can't work out what they are doing wrong and keep point a finger at MS.

Tim, I apologize if you feel my desire for "proof" of your claims makes you feel that I'm calling you a liar... but nowhere have I called you a liar.

I ask you for a link to your to your client, you blame the v0.2 hacked/"optimized" build. I make a statement on my belief, but i didn't call you a liar. I bet tesla won't work on vista or win7, but say I can't make a definitive statement, ask for hardware to test. I think your getting a little touchy.

now he says I'm calling him a liar, because i doubt most of his claims. i ask for proof, he won't post links to his seti test rig. now he deletes my posts.

RottenMutt
01-19-2010, 06:26 PM
You can use F@H which uses CUDA w/ more than 2 GTX295's perfectly fine. I know people w/ 4 of them that work great.
what OS?

XP 64 bit works, not vista/7 64 bit.

196.21 driver promised to fix everything. result, no change.