PDA

View Full Version : My liquid cooled Xbox 360 elite

TJ TRICHEESE
01-10-2010, 01:32 PM
here is my liquid cooled xbox 360 elite in a clear case, the liquid cooling is composed of these parts:

Pump/res:Xspc X2O 450
WB:Xspc xbox 360 waterblock
Rad:thermaltake TMG2 (i only got it because of the stand)
Rad fans:Silenx incredibly overrated fans
Fans inside Xbox:1x akasa 80mm fan, 3x akasa 40mm fans
HS's under dvd:enzotech memory+vrm forged copper HS's

no real reason why i did it, just thought it would look good and decrease chances of RROD.
sorry about all the cables and the picture quality (pics were taken with phone camera) and pics were taken xmas which is why the white lights are there
please feel free to comment

Weevil
01-10-2010, 03:43 PM
Can you over clock it now?

Diverge
01-10-2010, 05:31 PM
Can you over clock it now?

Probably not, but now he probably won't get the RROD :p:

HiJon89
01-10-2010, 05:45 PM
Probably not, but now he probably won't get the RROD :p:
In my experience fixing 360's the RROD issues have always been related to the poorly designed heatsinks bending the motherboard, not overheating. But assuming the waterblock is boltdown it will solve the bending issue anyway :D

Zigosity
01-10-2010, 06:00 PM
I put an old OCZ Vendetta on an xbox 360 CPU once. It was epic. Stuck several inches out the top of the case :P. Unfortunately, the xbox was RROD'd already, so we never got to see if it would work. It was more of a proof of concept than anything else.

Mabyboi
01-10-2010, 07:07 PM
but the question is: "can it play crysis?"

overclocking101
01-10-2010, 07:31 PM
what he said! nice case btw when i owned an xbox these were not available hell even my woman said it looks nice and she is not into tech stuff! lian li make an aftermarket xbox case now to i think

TJ TRICHEESE
01-11-2010, 01:07 PM
what he said! nice case btw when i owned an xbox these were not available hell even my woman said it looks nice and she is not into tech stuff! lian li make an aftermarket xbox case now to i think

yea but the lianli doesn't look that good and its like 3 times the size the usual xbox case

gmat
01-11-2010, 05:05 PM
Depends on tastes i guess.. the lian li case doesnt look too bad in a living room (where the xbox might be anyway) and mostly allows for cool and silent operation, without the need to go watercooling. They even silence the optical drive which is a big plus for the 360...
That watercooling setup is nice though, rare to see anyone who goes through the trouble of watercooling a gaming console :)

meanmoe
01-11-2010, 08:16 PM
Man, I love it. My brother asked me to watercool his 360 when I showed him that they sold blocks for it. He's had 2 RRODs and those things are loud. I've entertained throwing some blocks on my PS3 - it's also a little loud for me. I've designed a new case for it but never cut it out.