PDA

View Full Version : ipod nano any good

vaio
01-10-2010, 08:06 AM
Personally don't buy into the Apple style over substance hype.........but my daughter wants a nano for her birthday.

1: Are they any good?
2: Should I buy the latest gen (5th?) or are they all much the same?

:)

Jokester_wild
01-10-2010, 09:35 AM
http://www.anythingbutipod.com/

m0da
01-10-2010, 01:03 PM
Who cares if it's any good? You'll make your daughter happy as can be with the latest, shiniest, coolest Apple iPod Nano.

She'll take it out of her pocket, and her friends will stare in envy/jealousy/awe/etc. And she'll be thinking to herself... thanks pops!

*note: Personally, I stay away from apple products, but this is your daughter we're talking about.

Ch@pS
01-10-2010, 01:23 PM
How old is your daughter? :P Ok seriously though. Cause if she's under 10 then it'll get broken in a month. If she's in her teens(more than likely if she wants a Nano) then it's a good buy for the reason m0da stated, it'll make her happy. Whether it's good or not doesn't matter to your daughter and when she opens her present and see's it's not an ipod, saying "but this one is better" is going to fly through one ear and out the other. She'll be inferior to all her friends who have an ipod. She'll be laughed at, shunned, and start doing drugs.

Buy her the Nano, make sure it's the 16GB(the hideously expensive one with more space than she'll need, but it'll make her cool cause she has the 16GB) and for all that you hold dear to you make sure it's the right colour. If you get the colour wrong only the Lord can help you, hell have no fury like a p*ssed off teenage daughter. Say goodbye to your golf clubs, car tired, manly magazines and your comfy chair in the den.

GTSRboy
01-10-2010, 06:32 PM
Yes, its good, its very very good. If anyone tells you other wise thats just the bias talking...

The most important thing is shell love it, this isnt a good forum to ask since everyone hates apple regardless as to whether their good or not

If you really want to know go to apple's site and read about it, and most importantly read the customer reviews and ask nano owners

Jokester_wild
01-10-2010, 10:01 PM
Yes, its good, its very very good. If anyone tells you other wise thats just the bias talking...

The most important thing is shell love it, this isnt a good forum to ask since everyone hates apple regardless as to whether their good or not

If you really want to know go to apple's site and read about it, and most importantly read the customer reviews and ask nano owners

not true, apple makes some good products. BUT in this area I don't find they excel at all. itunes is horrid software.

vaio
01-11-2010, 01:21 AM
Lol thanks guys.

She understands the way I think and my character must have rubbed off some cos now she's realised she already has a cool £300 phone with a shedload of storage and now just wants some hip headphones for that instead :D

I will concede to her bad taste and not get her good ones but the **** Skullcandy's she fancies.....and yes, I know what colour to get :rofl:

Ch@pS
01-11-2010, 02:29 AM
Lol thanks guys.

She understands the way I think and my character must have rubbed off some cos now she's realised she already has a cool £300 phone with a shedload of storage and now just wants some hip headphones for that instead :D

I will concede to her bad taste and not get her good ones but the **** Skullcandy's she fancies.....and yes, I know what colour to get :rofl:

I had to buy my sister and girlfriend(both in their teens) Skullcandy headphones last year. :(

Me: "But don't you want Sennheiser headphones instead? They're better and I don't mind paying a little extra."

Sister: "If you don't get me skullcandy headphones I'll beat you with a stick!"

Girlfriend: "If you want to get any for the next 6 months you'll buy me Skullcandy headphones."

My hands were tied. :(

vaio
01-11-2010, 10:22 PM
Thanks for the feedback :)

Ordered her Skullcandy Hesh green.......as she requested....yuk.

and a pair of Shure SRH440's for me.

Tired of the sound of a zillion rig fans all day and night.....drown them out with music :D

crackhead2k
01-21-2010, 03:00 PM
Sennheiser and shure are better then skull candy imo.
Sound really nice with an archo player that supports flac.

Bradan
02-01-2010, 06:26 PM
Thanks for the feedback :)

Ordered her Skullcandy Hesh green.......as she requested....yuk.

and a pair of Shure SRH440's for me.

Tired of the sound of a zillion rig fans all day and night.....drown them out with music :D

I heard those Shure SRH440 the other day.
Acoustic music is so great on them that the hair on my neck stood up.
They isolate very well too. The whole design is flexible and robust.

You will love them.