PDA

View Full Version : Gateway XHD3000 needs help

viccan
01-09-2010, 03:57 PM
Hey guys just inquiring if anyone here has a Gateway 30" LCD XHD3000?
Ive had this thing for a few months and out of the blue it started acting funny just yesterday.. First i saw a faint flickering in the background, then the screen , display changed color hues to blue ?? I shut it down checked all my cables and everthing was fine? I powered back on and probblem was gone?? A couple hours later Looked like an EQ or moving histogram on the left side of the screen?? Ive been reading up around the net and seems pretty much common prob for people that gateway ius simply ignoring?

Has anyone here had any issues or even own one?? If so was it correctable?
Please I'm startin to freak that i bought a lemon display and am screwed outta some pretty large denero :(

Any input or feedback will be truley appreciated.
:shakes:

viccan
01-10-2010, 05:24 PM
bump

STEvil
01-10-2010, 09:08 PM
Tried a different cable?

viccan
01-11-2010, 08:05 AM
yeah went and spent nearly $100 at best buy ... Seems to be a reoccurring prob among users of this monitor..
Weird thing is right now its perfect again??? Hasn't flickered in like 2 hours?? was not that way at 7am , I shut down the system for a couple hours , came back turned it on flickered for like 10 min then just stopped and has been fine? I think it might be a heat issue? but cant be certain its been running now for like 2 hours perfect and yet it was cold before i turned it on and it flickered w/in minuets of boot??
Im completely baffled..

zalbard
01-11-2010, 08:11 AM
I'd RMA it.

viccan
01-11-2010, 08:18 AM
unfortunately warranty expired last month..And gateway wont honor it.. SOL
This is a total scam on Gateways part.. I am reading dozens of posts from users all over! almost identical problem everywhere and it appears just after the 1 yr warranty expires... And gateway nor anywhere else Ive searched thus far has any parts available for this thing?? I think I read somewhere that the screen itself is manufactured by samsung, but gateway made the components to drive it.. Im wondering if I found a busted 30" samsung display if I could put this screen in it.. Long shot but a thought???? I mean this thing is to drool for when its running right just beautiful... But when it flickers LOL

viccan
01-11-2010, 02:30 PM
Two things wrong with this thread:
1. You bought Gateway, don't expect quality.
2. You spent $100 on a DVI cable?

2 things back at ya,

1. When the Gateway came out it received some of the highest points for a 30" DISPLAY SPORTING 2560X1600...and had a ton of features dell nor samsung offered...

2. bEST buy was the only local store that had a dual link dvi cable and it was returnable I only needed it to test the problem (already back on the shelf @ BB)

Thanks for rubbing it in though :)

viccan
01-12-2010, 06:09 PM
i just picked up a used 30" Dell wfp-t on pig bay :)

Has a slight scratch on the screen but for 5 bones whatcha expect :(
I was thinking crazy and maybe ( highly doubtful) I can stick the panel from the gateway into the dell..
From what Ive gathered the past couple days is that the scaler chip or one of the 3 boards are bad but the screen is flawless ...
Like I say highly doubtful but hey at least this unit has a 2 year warranty ....
Wonder if I can find a replacement screen possibly if the swap isn't possible?? I donno
its only a light 1-2" scratch that supposedly is undetectable while running and only noticeable when off?? so ill let yas know once i receive it..

STEvil
01-12-2010, 07:11 PM
whats probably bad is a capacitor. Monitor what the room ambient temperatures are when it does it.

viccan
01-12-2010, 08:18 PM
I was just playing COD4 for like 1 hr not a single glitch then bam its flickering like a mother..but for a full hour it was perfect and my heat was down to like 63.. earlier it was a blue screeen and it was warmer in the room for sure maybe 69...
Maybe its a heat issue?

STEvil
01-12-2010, 09:48 PM
heat = caps or other related power electronics.

put a fan on it.