PDA

View Full Version : Panasonic introduces SDXC cards

Tech Dav
01-06-2010, 09:17 PM
finally I say but it's clear they are skimping on the stats

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/panasonic-introduces-new-64-gb-and-48-gb-sdxc-memory-cards-available-globally-in-february-2010-80854267.html

LAS VEGAS, Jan. 6 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Panasonic today announced the availability of the company's first 64 GB* and 48 GB* SDXC Memory Cards. The new SDXC Memory Cards, the RP-SDW64GE1K (64 GB) and RP-SDW48GE1K (48 GB) are Panasonic's largest-sized GOLD cards with Class 10 speed specification. Featuring new advanced Super Intelligent Controller helps to improve the reliability of the card and extend its lifetime. The new 64 GB and 48 GB SDXC Memory Cards will be globally introduced in February 2010 with suggested retail prices of $599.95 and $449.95, respectively.

SDXC is the next generation SD Memory Card, a new standard for storing data more than 32 GB and up to 2 terabytes. The Panasonic 64 GB SDXC Memory Card features a massive 64 GB of capacity, making it ideal for recording AVCHD High Definition video, high-resolution, or even RAW still photos. When used with Panasonic's newly-released camcorders, such as the Panasonic HDC-TM55, the 64 GB SDXC Memory Card can record up to 8 hours and 30 minutes of video, while recording in the highest video quality in HA mode. Or when recording in 1920 x 1080i in HE mode, the SDXC Memory Card can hold approximately 27 hours and 30 minutes of video. The 48 GB SDXC Memory Card will have nearly the same capacity as a dual-layer Blu-ray Disc, and can hold 6 hours and 20 minutes of HD video content recorded in HA mode and 20 hours and 20 minutes when recorded in HE mode.

With the Class 10 speed specification and maximum data transfer speed of up to 22MB/s, the new Panasonic SDXC Memory Cards allows users to enjoy superb performance when using with an HD camcorder or a digital interchangeable lens camera, such as the Panasonic LUMIX DMC-GF1, for high-speed burst shooting when taking still photos.

breakfromyou
01-06-2010, 10:19 PM
I think it doesn't matter...

LAS VEGAS, Jan. 6 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Panasonic today announced the availability of the company's first 64 GB* and 48 GB* SDXC Memory Cards. The new SDXC Memory Cards, the RP-SDW64GE1K (64 GB) and RP-SDW48GE1K (48 GB) are Panasonic's largest-sized GOLD cards with Class 10 speed specification. Featuring new advanced Super Intelligent Controller helps to improve the reliability of the card and extend its lifetime. The new 64 GB and 48 GB SDXC Memory Cards will be globally introduced in February 2010 with suggested retail prices of $599.95 and $449.95, respectively.

SDXC is the next generation SD Memory Card, a new standard for storing data more than 32 GB and up to 2 terabytes. The Panasonic 64 GB SDXC Memory Card features a massive 64 GB of capacity, making it ideal for recording AVCHD High Definition video, high-resolution, or even RAW still photos. When used with Panasonic's newly-released camcorders, such as the Panasonic HDC-TM55, the 64 GB SDXC Memory Card can record up to 8 hours and 30 minutes of video, while recording in the highest video quality in HA mode. Or when recording in 1920 x 1080i in HE mode, the SDXC Memory Card can hold approximately 27 hours and 30 minutes of video. The 48 GB SDXC Memory Card will have nearly the same capacity as a dual-layer Blu-ray Disc, and can hold 6 hours and 20 minutes of HD video content recorded in HA mode and 20 hours and 20 minutes when recorded in HE mode.

With the Class 10 speed specification and maximum data transfer speed of up to 22MB/s, the new Panasonic SDXC Memory Cards allows users to enjoy superb performance when using with an HD camcorder or a digital interchangeable lens camera, such as the Panasonic LUMIX DMC-GF1, for high-speed burst shooting when taking still photos.

...so I did read that right. Nice prices...no thanks though.

miahallen
01-06-2010, 10:29 PM
48 minutes to load/unload a full 64GB card AT THE MAXIMUM transfer speed :rofl:

xlink
01-06-2010, 10:38 PM
this is best used for ready boost IMO... price needs to drop 90% though...

schlafmuetze
01-06-2010, 10:46 PM
thats what i always hated -_- lots of caps but only such a low transferspeed
the cards are connected via camera i guess? so its limited by usb2 and that max speed is around 35mb/s(i know i know, THEORETICAL 60), but its still too slow :/
we need usb3 back and forth

Jamesrt2004
01-07-2010, 12:25 AM
this is best used for proffesional photographers

miahallen
01-07-2010, 01:05 AM
this is best used for ready boost IMO...

:rofl:

saaya
01-07-2010, 03:18 AM
advanced Super Intelligent Controller
rof@t3h marketing :lol:
no hybrid? no fusion? no green? :D

zalbard
01-07-2010, 04:16 AM
this is best used for proffesional photographers
Yeah, RAW files take a ton of space, so this is nearly necessary if you have a 15+ MP camera.

rof@t3h marketing :lol:
no hybrid? no fusion? no green? :D
Has no FTW part at least.