PDA

View Full Version : Asus P7P55D-E troubleshoot

Pied
01-06-2010, 01:14 AM
Anyone have this board and have this board? I have problems installing Windows 7. It will always freeze or give me a boot manager error. I had it working by disabling every thing possible, but ended up with the same error as before...

Equipment:
Windows 7 Upgrade ( I tried disk and flash drive)
i7 870
Asus P7P55D-E
8800GTX
Corsair 650HX
4GB G.Skill 12800. Bios shows memory as 2gb.

I've tried so many things, these past few nights that I'm about to give up. 1 stick of ram, alternate them in different slots, different sata slots, ps2 keyboard in only, etc. I will probably try updating the bios tomorrow, but the bios updates does not address this problem. I hope it's a hidden fix or something

I'm out of ideas, any possible solutions, configurations will be appreciated.

nordien
01-06-2010, 02:06 AM
Anyone have this board and have this board? I have problems installing Windows 7. It will always freeze or give me a boot manager error. I had it working by disabling every thing possible, but ended up with the same error as before...

Equipment:
Windows 7 Upgrade ( I tried disk and flash drive)
i7 870
Asus P7P55D-E
8800GTX
Corsair 650HX
4GB G.Skill 12800. Bios shows memory as 2gb.

I've tried so many things, these past few nights that I'm about to give up. 1 stick of ram, alternate them in different slots, different sata slots, ps2 keyboard in only, etc. I will probably try updating the bios tomorrow, but the bios updates does not address this problem. I hope it's a hidden fix or something

I'm out of ideas, any possible solutions, configurations will be appreciated.

Seems a memory problem. I would flash the bios to the latest version and install windows with 1 memory stick. Or set the appropriate memory timings and speed manually.........I had issues like this with a Gigabyte board and a Core i7.

Pied
01-06-2010, 12:21 PM
Thanks for the suggestion. I adjusted the memory manually: 1600 speed, 1.6v, 7-8-7. Still no go

I only adjusted the first part for the ram. There are 3 parts. Do I need to adjust the other 2 parts? First time using DDR3, so many options o.O