PDA

View Full Version : Strange Desktop Problem

nate39
01-05-2010, 03:49 PM
After loading the latest ATI video drivers I noticed that when I move my pointer to the far left side of the screen it stops at the edge but never disappears. When I move it to the far right side edge it disappears past the edge and if I move it an inch past the edge, I have to move it back an inch before it appears again. This is rather irritating and I can't remember having this problem before.

The pointer stops at the edge of the top of the screen but disappears into the bottom. But no matter how far you move it into the edge it always appears immediately when you move it back up. I know this sounds confusing but hopefully someone knows what I am talking about.

I am not sure that this happened after the driver install, but this is when I noticed it. Did I change a setting my mistake? Is there anyone who knows how this happened? Thanks

I have a flat panel LCD screen

Jowy Atreides
01-05-2010, 04:09 PM
Disable display 2, resize resolution to match monitor

HuffPCair
01-05-2010, 04:10 PM
Just seems like it thinks you are dual monitoring. You may check your settings under the display section and see if it is showing two screens.

Then maybe go from there.

i5L4ND
01-05-2010, 04:11 PM
Ignore the icon, the tip of the arrow is the....erm dont know how to put it, the buisness part lol.
When going to the right and the bottom, all of the arrow will go off screen, but the tip will remain or just go off slightly.
When going to the top and the left, the tip will remain or go off slightly but the arrow will stay on.
By all means have mess about with your monitor settings, if you think its a bit off, it shouldnt be an inch to get back on.

nate39
01-05-2010, 04:22 PM
thanks for the help. I disabled the second one and that took care of it. I have always had both monitors showing in that box but didn't realize #2 wasn't disabled. thanks