PDA

View Full Version : 3D monitor driver for XP?

RCG_Bex
01-04-2010, 05:20 AM
Been looking into getting a 3D monitor for a while now, and been enjoying it over at my mates house, but then I spy that Nvidia doesn't support it for XP?

Is there a cracked driver out there or is it simply "not officially supported" but works?

Love my XP 64bit with DX10 too much tbh to really want to have to go upgrade to Windows 7 :(

~Bex

Dahmer
01-04-2010, 06:27 AM
You love 64-bit XP? With DX10? How much tweaking did that take to go from the insanely :banana::banana::banana::banana:ty XP 64 to something you love?
Either way I suggest getting Windows 7, while trying XP 64 I thought it was bloody annoying, horrible (none mainly) driver support and buggy as hell if there was a driver for something.

RCG_Bex
01-04-2010, 08:09 AM
There's nothing that doesn't work on my XP 64bit. Ok, so some of the driver / installation software doesn't work but that's not much of an issue for me as I just install the driver direct. All my games work, messenger services work, printer works, tablet works, joypads work - I think the only thing that doesn't is my DDR pad...

SP3 isn't so good on 64bit though, so I do stick to SP2...

~Bex

individual
01-12-2010, 01:55 AM
yeah I also had troubles with SP3. I agree with Dahmer though, go windows 7. If you are into gaming, soon enough games won't support anything below vista, and in a couple of months windows is apparently going to drop XP completely, not releasing any more updates/support.

PS +1 respect for been scottish.