PDA

View Full Version : disc drive won't eject

shoota
01-03-2010, 07:31 PM
so i went to install windows on this old pc i found and the darn cd/dvd drive won't open. it lights up and i can hear some normal activity noises coming from it but it just gives up. i stuck a pin in there to open it and then hit the button to close it and that worked. anyone know how to fix this problem?

dengyong
01-03-2010, 07:54 PM
Have you tried to eject from windows ? computer/ right click the drive/eject.

Serpentarius
01-03-2010, 08:08 PM
so i went to install windows on this old pc i found and the darn cd/dvd drive won't open. it lights up and i can hear some normal activity noises coming from it but it just gives up. i stuck a pin in there to open it and then hit the button to close it and that worked. anyone know how to fix this problem?

grease the joints? but you'll need to pry open it :(

careful not to grease the belt, the belt need to friction to spin

kolbi10
01-03-2010, 09:05 PM
some people take the little elastic out of the drive, or the little elastic could have disintegrated check if it's missing.

shoota
01-04-2010, 06:51 AM
Have you tried to eject from windows ? computer/ right click the drive/eject.

no i haven't tried that because the previous owner got windows so infected that it's practically unusable.

grease the joints? but you'll need to pry open it :(

careful not to grease the belt, the belt need to friction to spin

some people take the little elastic out of the drive, or the little elastic could have disintegrated check if it's missing.

i'm not sure i know how to get to the elastic/belt. but if it disintegrated wouldn't it be unable to close the tray on its own?

kolbi10
01-04-2010, 01:10 PM
no i haven't tried that because the previous owner got windows so infected that it's practically unusable.

i'm not sure i know how to get to the elastic/belt. but if it disintegrated wouldn't it be unable to close the tray on its own?

i didn't see that it could close on it own this is very strange