PDA

View Full Version : demon's souls

doox00
01-03-2010, 03:18 PM
I just picked up a 250gb slim and this game the other day.. bad ass game, highly recommended!

Its tough though, when the game beats you down to your knees it kicks you in the nuts one last time lol

I watched this video and went out to buy the ps3 and game lol

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/rpg/demonssoul/video/6244197/gamespots-best-of-2009--game-of-the-year-winner

Lamb
01-03-2010, 07:38 PM
Definitly the best game out there from 2009, I mostly liked it because of the difficulty, when you go through the game the first time, it's pretty hard, get's easier as you gain level and gear (I can do the whole game again and again and complete it in less than 3-4 hours now...) the multiplayer system is awesome, the graphics are good, but knowing you can level 700 levels to reach the max...gets boring in the long run :P I made it to 100ish with my Royalty but I had enough of it lol.

EDIT : Try killing Red and Blue drakes, definitly worth it, makes your game easier and you get ALOT of souls from them ;)

doox00
01-03-2010, 08:25 PM
I just started again with a knight tonight.. completed 1.1 without dying once!! thats amazing for me since I died like 20 times with my hunter the first time through lol. I have only been playing this game for a few days.. really enjoying it so far. have so much to learn.. not sure where to go next either.

ExodusC
01-04-2010, 01:19 PM
This is one of the few games that makes me want to own a PS3. Maybe if I can find a refurbished 1st generation 60GB model for cheap I'll buy it. I don't own a PS2, and I've always felt like I missed out on a ton of good PS2 games, so a fully backwards compatible model would be great for me. I've seen them go for $240 on eBay, so maybe one day I'll luck out.

doox00
01-04-2010, 03:44 PM
What can you do with the random loot you get.. stuff you don't wear.. or the white sticky stuff etc.. how do I know what its used for? can you sell anything anywhere?

Lamb
01-07-2010, 06:18 AM
Nope since there's no money in this game, it's soul's, but you can store everything at some guy near the blacksmith in the nexus (i don't remember his name :o) he's to the left when facing the BS.

doox00
01-07-2010, 09:50 AM
Nope since there's no money in this game, it's soul's, but you can store everything at some guy near the blacksmith in the nexus (i don't remember his name :o) he's to the left when facing the BS.

yeah I meant for sell for souls or something. I found the guy that will carry stuff. How do I know how I can use each thing? Just trial and error?

Lamb
01-08-2010, 04:21 PM
There's no way to sell anything in this game.

In the end, you may be able to use every piece of gear you get since you upgrade your attributes the way you want them. You can have 99 in every attributes which will give ~711 levels, you'll have enough stats to use every pieces of gear.

You may want to look here to know what is the good stuff and how to get it ;)

http://mycheats.1up.com/view/superguide/3169297/demon_s_souls/ps3

As an exemple, I have a Royalty (which is mostly a mage with low melee&armor) level ~130ish using Demonbrand and Soulbrandt (pretty much the best weapons in game before you get North Regalia) as weapons and I can also use Brushwood armor set (which is the heaviest set) , though I really like using Gloom Armor from Yurt the Silent Chief.